UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

After 25 years, Former America East Conference member makes the Big Dance

This evening, Drexel University, former America East Conference member made the big dance after 25 years.  In 1996, Drexel went to the tournament as the America East Conference A.Q.  Just a reminder, that despite this coach change, there could be a few more before we go to the Big Dance

159254664_726706587975195_8164613396371401945_n.jpg?tp=1&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=40uXgbxQsNUAX_JKFgr&oh=6b63b5caed8d8fa955d61a4b69646a40&oe=607145D7

marchmadness THE DREXEL DROUGHT IS OVER! 🙌 The Dragons are dancing for the first time in 25 years after defeating Elon in the CAA... more
trillgoat_ All too loose in the first round 😢

Edited by cwdickens

39 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I don’t think their situation has anything to do with the coaching change Albany is making. 

Mt St Mary’s is going back to the tournament 3 years after they lost their coach to Siena. Every case is different.

I agree with this.  Honestly, I’m over the coaching change, which had been based on how and when it was done versus should it have been done.  

the real issue with us getting back to the dance is this: will the new coach get the resources needed to sell a kid that this is an attractive place to play. On paper, UA is a top 3 destination in the league, bar none.  So to me it will come down to little things like resources for summer school, cola, buy games, and the long shot of a major renovation to SEFCU.  

I think starting with the first three and hiring the right coach, Albany could be back in the dance pretty quickly considering the transfer rules.  Honestly, if we end up losing let’s say a Healy, Lulka, Hanks and Champion (if he doesn’t get an extra year) and if the middle two decide not to stay...we can recruit another PG to help Horton and Amica...and two bigs for Doles. 

you get another 3 of the Kelly/champion/Horton/Doles type kids...we are competing next year.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I don’t think their situation has anything to do with the coaching change Albany is making. 

Mt St Mary’s is going back to the tournament 3 years after they lost their coach to Siena. Every case is different.

I am confused about how you jumped to your conclusion, never compared Drexel and/or Mount St Mary to UAlbany, just saying in Drexel's case 25 years has past since their last appearance... again Mount St Mary was about smallest student population makes tournament... in Drexel's case...  coaching changes did not bring a quick return to the Big Dance..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I agree with this.  Honestly, I’m over the coaching change, which had been based on how and when it was done versus should it have been done.  

the real issue with us getting back to the dance is this: will the new coach get the resources needed to sell a kid that this is an attractive place to play. On paper, UA is a top 3 destination in the league, bar none.  So to me it will come down to little things like resources for summer school, cola, buy games, and the long shot of a major renovation to SEFCU.  

I think starting with the first three and hiring the right coach, Albany could be back in the dance pretty quickly considering the transfer rules.  Honestly, if we end up losing let’s say a Healy, Lulka, Hanks and Champion (if he doesn’t get an extra year) and if the middle two decide not to stay...we can recruit another PG to help Horton and Amica...and two bigs for Doles. 

you get another 3 of the Kelly/champion/Horton/Doles type kids...we are competing next year.  

I would suggest that you write a blank check and send it off with letter detailing what needs to be done.   A talented and well skilled coach could face problems....phase not seen here lately is talented student-athletes....renovation of SEFCU ... likely three years away...as a you mention the transfer portel...what the portel giveth and the potel takes...thank you for thoughts...I do not have 25 years left ... so I hoping that UAlbany finds the "right" coach....I believe every applicant for the job thinks their the "right" coach

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I am confused about how you jumped to your conclusion, never compared Drexel and/or Mount St Mary to UAlbany, just saying in Drexel's case 25 years has past since their last appearance... again Mount St Mary was about smallest student population makes tournament... in Drexel's case...  coaching changes did not bring a quick return to the Big Dance..

It was from the post below when you said “despite this coach change”, which I assumed you meant Albany. 

16 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Just a reminder, that despite this coach change, there could be a few more before we go to the Big Dance

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I would suggest that you write a blank check and send it off with letter detailing what needs to be done.   A talented and well skilled coach could face problems....phase not seen here lately is talented student-athletes....renovation of SEFCU ... likely three years away...as a you mention the transfer portel...what the portel giveth and the potel takes...thank you for thoughts...I do not have 25 years left ... so I hoping that UAlbany finds the "right" coach....I believe every applicant for the job thinks their the "right" coach

LOL.  Ok. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

It was from the post below when you said “despite this coach change”, which I assumed you meant Albany. 

I guess you believe in "If you do not like the message; attack the messenger"... Thank God I do not take anything personal from the forum... LOL ok 😃

2 hours ago, UA'08 said:

You ain't alone. I assumed the same thing. The posts are completely unclear and I assume because they are posted here are drawing parallels to UA (which I too don't see) but it looks like someone is just trying to get their post count up lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sometimes a new topic with a posting is to provide information, perhaps something to ponder.  If something has to be that clear oh lord.... What wrong with throwing shxx at the wall after seeing the shxx here. Yes, I like to look what is going on in the bigger world....of college sports. Then I come to the BigPurpleFans forum and the focus is narrow.....pinhole narrow.... To end a happy note UAlbany SB sweeped a doubleheader at CCSU....try paralleling that

3 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Sometimes a new topic with a posting is to provide information, perhaps something to ponder.  If something has to be that clear oh lord.... What wrong with throwing shxx at the wall after seeing the shxx here. Yes, I like to look what is going on in the bigger world....of college sports. Then I come to the BigPurpleFans forum and the focus is narrow.....pinhole narrow.... To end a happy note UAlbany SB sweeped a doubleheader at CCSU....try paralleling that

You’re free to post whatever you want and yes the Winter Sports Danes Hoops section of an Albany sports message board is going to be as pinhole narrow as can be lol. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I have personally petitioned for an off-topic post section for a long time but many here disagreed. They want ONLY UA stuff here. We agreed to compromise that all off-topic posts would have "OT" in the thread title (which is missing here). That's how it be. We don't make the rules, we just live by em. :)

• Dane Pound changed the title to OT! OT OT OT. OT! After 25 years, Former America East Conference member makes the Big Dance
  • cwdickens changed the title to After 25 years, Former America East Conference member makes the Big Dance