UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2021 UAlbany MLAX Next Up @ Syracuse University - Carrier Dome, Thursday, April 8, 2021 5:00 PM

Which Syracuse team will show up? For that matter, which UAlbany team will show up?

Syracuse's record to date:

2021 Schedule
02/21 vs Army L 11-18
02/27 vs Virginia W 20-10
03/06 vs Vermont W 17-13
03/12 vs Stony Brook W 17-9
03/20 vs Holy Cross W 15-6
03/25 @ Duke L 15-14
04/03 vs Notre Dame L 11-18

An Albany Times Union article concerning a Syracuse player from the Capital District....the UAlbany - Syracuse game is on the ACC Network ...Channel 388 for those in the UAlbany fans in the Capital District with Spectrum as their provider

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Confidence-carries-Shaker-s-Stephen-Rehfuss-to-16081487.php

Edited by cwdickens
correction

22 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Watched the whole game. Syracuse was just better. Their defense more aggressive. Their execution better. Decent effort by the Danes, but they were outgunned. 

That pretty much summed it up. I don't know if it has been injuries or not, but different guys back in the rotation. I am sure there are some growing pains in the post Tehoka era, but the most glaring issue is the team doesn't really have someone who can initiate the offense. Despite Coach Marr trying to put that label on Patterson it is pretty clear against top tier talent that isn't his skill set, and the offense bogged down. Hogg and McComber have more wiggle in their dodges, but McComber in particular sees significant time, disappear, and then reappears.

While the face off wasn't horribly one sided we got killed on ground balls.

• Like 1

The Dane's played hard but had too many turnovers and were out ground balled. The good news is that this is a young team that has potential! I'd like to see more players be offensive threats when they have the ball. There were too many opportunities to pull the trigger that we passed up. It's all about winning the conference! I have confidence that they'll learn from it and improve! 

• Like 1

You can really see the talent level difference in a game like this, with ACC vs AE. The Orange defensemen were like a wall. I can’t complain about the officiating, although there were a couple of fast breaks that got snuffed out by untimely whistles. 2018 is right though, so far no one has emerged to fill the shoes of a Thompson or Fields. Plus, on the defense side, a few of those close in goals to or from Rehfuss were way too easy and no one was putting a body on the ‘cuse attackmen.  I do like what I see from Gash and Ron John had an amazing move, fighting off three defenders. Just not enough. When your best opportunities to score appear to be unsettled situations, and you’re getting scorched on ground balls, it’s a no win situation. 

• Like 1