UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2021 CAA Autumn Preseason Predication, Preseason All Conference Team and Weekly Conference Awards

21 hours ago, dslyank said:

Update. Yesterday CAA officially ruled, team that can not play a game due to covid will FORFEIT! If both teams at fault--NO CONTEST. Gattuso must enforce VAX. IF he choose to fight this, I'm asking for my money back for my season ticket. I will NOT support a coach or team that choose's individual choice over the GOOD of the TEAM and the COMMUNITY. Please do not get me wrong, there absolutely is a time & place to FIGHT with all your might for individual RIGHTS & FREEDOMS!! IMHO covid vaccination is NOT.

Fully support Dslyank position, the team needs to be vaccinated, which will:

• reduces the effects if the athlete or coach catches the COVID-19 Delta variant
  • reduces the possibility of a hospitalization
  • reduces the possibility of death

However, game cancellation will remain a possibility for every CAA team for the foreseeable future due to the Delta variant.  There will be CAA cancelled due to outbreaks

On 8/13/2021 at 1:01 PM, dslyank said:

Update. Yesterday CAA officially ruled, team that can not play a game due to covid will FORFEIT! If both teams at fault--NO CONTEST. Gattuso must enforce VAX. IF he choose to fight this, I'm asking for my money back for my season ticket. I will NOT support a coach or team that choose's individual choice over the GOOD of the TEAM and the COMMUNITY. Please do not get me wrong, there absolutely is a time & place to FIGHT with all your might for individual RIGHTS & FREEDOMS!! IMHO covid vaccination is NOT.

So what happens when 10, 20 or 30 vaxxed players test positive and can't play and the team is forced to forfeit game(s) anyway?

4 hours ago, Eli said:

So what happens when 10, 20 or 30 vaxxed players test positive and can't play and the team is forced to forfeit game(s) anyway?

Then we have bigger problems than football.  Btw, i was up in your neck of the woods the other day.  St. Pete is a really cool area, especially on central and the pier is awesome. 

7 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Then we have bigger problems than football.  Btw, i was up in your neck of the woods the other day.  St. Pete is a really cool area, especially on central and the pier is awesome. 

Fair enough. My point was really that games would be cancelled/forfeited anyway whether its vaxxed or unvaxxed kids getting sick since everyone can still be a carrier so why have the high and mighty stance of "if you don't vaccinate, I want my money back". The end result could be the same. But anyhow...

And yes, the pier is very nice now. Recently celebrated its 1yr anniversary of the re-opening. The old pier was disastrous. We love taking night time strolls there.

Edited by Eli

Vaccination is STILL the #1 way to prevent covid and the spreading of covid!  Obviously, the latest data and history is showing vaxed people can be carriers and spreaders. But they are astronomically lower in both cases; and vaccinations wearing out over time looks like a contributing factor. But please do not lump vaccinated in with the non-vaccinated. Non-vaccinated are the #1 cause of this pandemic being dragged on. And #2 are those who refuse to follow masking, social distancing and scientifically proven safety & prevention guidelines.

All that being said, my issue for "perhaps" asking for my money back is A COACH who refused to canvas his players about their vaccination status. At the time of his refusal it was NOT a mandate; but in the CAA it pretty much is an issue now. He is the coach; and he needs to KNOW who is and who is not vaccinated; for the safety of the whole TEAM  & the community. What he does with the knowledge and if his decisions effect wins & loses is another matter.  But leaving it up to the players to police themselves is NOT doing his job!

ps. I would not really ask for my money back; but would roll it over to Basketball or simply donate it to GDAC. Just NOT sold on this football coach. ONE good year out of 8. I do not think him a good coach and tired of his BS. 

ps2 Yeh I’m TIRED of COVID and so looking forward to a normal year. And Yeh I DO blame the non-vaxcers & non-maskers for extending the pandemic needlessly into another year.

end of rant:  much rather rant on wins & loses & play arm chair QB. 

• Thanks 1

• cwdickens changed the title to 2021 CAA Autumn Preseason Predication, Preseason All Conference Team and Weekly Conference Awards