UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany MLAX Game 6 vs BInghamton University 1:00 PM MAR 19, 2022 Casey Stadium

MAR 19 (SAT) 1:00 PM
AE
VS 

The current forecast from NWS  for the overnight Friday and Saturday:

Friday evening - early Saturday:

Rain, mainly after 2am. Low around 43. North wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Saturday:

Rain. High near 54. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Edited by cwdickens
  • Like 1

• cwdickens changed the title to UAlbany MLAX Game 6 vs BInghamton University 1:00 PM MAR 19, 2022 Casey Stadium

This is when the rubber meets the road. The AE is a total crapshoot at this point, and with Stony Brook still unable to play in the AE tournament, it is all about winning AE games, and getting better. I understand from one of my last dad's on the team, there was a lot of challenging going on this week. Coaches challenging players and vice versa, in a good way, so let's see if they come out like the rest of the season rests with a victory and as important improved play against Bingo.

• Like 2

NWS forecast for Saturday has improved ... local TV forecasters are predicating a drizzle around game time to no rain.  The current NWS is below:

Rain before noon, then showers, mainly after noon. High near 55. Southeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

I guess if you are going to the game .... you may want to check-out the weather forecast when you get up ....forecast has changed....

Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then showers, mainly after noon. High near 55. Southeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

The forecast posted at 6 AM

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8am, then a chance of showers. High near 59. Light and variable wind becoming south 9 to 14 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Like I said...when is it time to question what is going on with this program.  It's a legit dumpster fire right now. 

Agree, can't even watch.  Going to 1 and 5 on season and if it wasn't for the ineptitude of LCC, we would be winless.

• Like 1

Eighteen goals to Bing at home, mindboggling.  I can understand not hanging with Cornell and Maryland ( Cuse, Yale, Penn still to come) some years cause we don't have the horses every year(ie. 2018) but when we are getting asses kicked by Bing and probably SBU, Lowell, UMBC, and UVM are going to beat us then changes will be necessary.  Thought today was the day the team would turn the corner.  A couple of more shovel fulls of dirt were dug for the coach and staff after that mess.  The team morale has to be in the sewer too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Eighteen goals to Bing at home, mindboggling.  I can understand not hanging with Cornell and Maryland ( Cuse, Yale, Penn still to come) some years cause we don't have the horses every year(ie. 2018) but when we are getting asses kicked by Bing and probably SBU, Lowell, UMBC, and UVM are going to beat us then changes will be necessary.  Thought today was the day the team would turn the corner.  A couple of more shovel fulls of dirt were dug for the coach and staff after that mess.  The team morale has to be in the sewer too.

I was hoping that the Maryland loss would fire everybody up, but wow I can't believe how rock bottom things are now. I have been sounding the alarm bell for awhile now, and hoped I would be wrong, but this is just sad and extremely disappointing. The program has been lost for several years IMO, and the chickens have unfortunately come home to roost.

Time for a complete overhaul.

• Like 1

Went to the game.... was hoping for a lot better .... what has happen to our ability to recruit quality athletes for lacrosse ..... defense for what is worth non existent ..... an offense that spends it time passing the ball around too far out to make any meaningful plays ....our goalies ....the days of Blaze sadly gone ....bell weather game .... I disagree with AlbanyFan his assertion "we have bad for several years"...we have hit hard times 3 of the last 4 years ....... I do not know all the problems with lacrosse; however as a season ticket holder for Football and MBB, the effort from the lacrosse team smells as bad as the effort for Football team and Men's Basketball team 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Went to the game.... was hoping for a lot better .... what has happen to our ability to recruit quality athletes for lacrosse ..... defense for what is worth non existent ..... an offense that spends it time passing the ball around too far out to make any meaningful plays ....our goalies ....the days of Blaze sadly gone ....bell weather game .... I disagree with AlbanyFan his assertion "we have bad for several years"...we have hit hard times 3 of the last 4 years ....... I do not know all the problems with lacrosse; however as a season ticket holder for Football and MBB, the effort from the lacrosse team smells as bad as the effort for Football team and Men's Basketball team 

You lost me on one part of your post. I have said that I thought at the tail end of our time with the program that at least from my perspective I saw this coming, and it started when TD left the program.

I agree with everything you said, and in the recent fund raising letter, Marr was praising the defense which again was lackluster at best.

22 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Has Marr lost his fire- legit question.  He has done so much to the game, at great personal sacrifice.  There was talk about him leaving (I forget when, but he publicly alluded to it) to do other things.    

Hard to say if Scott has lost the fire or not. As I have said many times I believe he has the job as long as he wants it. From my vantage point during the recruiting process and while we were part of the team, Coach Marr is a big time delegator and relies upon his assistants more than a lot of coaches as well as strong senior leadership. I think Scott needs to reevaluate his commitment level, and surround himself with a staff that complements his strengths and weaknesses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Before I officially resign as chief optimist let me take a minute to praise Bingo. They wanted the game more, out played UA in every facet, executed and had a side line that was enthusiastic and confident. 
Do they have better athletes, coaches and/or both? Don’t ask me, my history of trying to hype UA 2022 has been as dismal as today’s performance. 
I don’t agree that UA will/can go winless in the conference as someone suggested, and do not know what a total overall would look like. But I agree UA 2022 is in the heaps of a dumpster fire. IMHO I have NO idea how to extinguish and can only continue to HOPE Scott, staff & players can get it figured out???

3 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

in the recent fund raising letter, Marr was praising the defense which again was lackluster at best.

Was the fund raising letter directed to alumni? Never did get a lacrosse appeal this year like previous years? Only usual GDAC & UA Foundation stuff??

Also, like I always say I’m no lax expert of any kind, but just don’t get how Scott sees anything positive about UA’s defense????