UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany MLAX Game 9 vs SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY 7:00 PM April 7, 2022 Casey Stadium

The winner this evening ..... my LL Bean rain gear .... which kept me dry .... this evening's rain was not even close to the type of rain fall from the infamous Carolina match ....enough for weather.... that being said UAlbany played a good first half....withstood Syracuse third period comeback attempt  .... played a decent fourth period scoring when they had too ....Syracuse panic a bit and turn the ball over few times ....and lady luck show with a rebound goal in the forth  .... our goalie defended sufficiently well

Yes, I am happy that I showed up.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

I whipped out & watching from home. Only second missed home game in over 10 years. Anyone have any idea actual how many showed a attendance wise??
need another good ½ . Need to improve at X. Up 3 but only 30% FO. 

Attendance: 3688

8 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Attendance: 3688

More people there than I expected - maybe 1/3 - 1/2 the bottom deck and  1/5 or so of the upper deck

• Like 1

I haven’t seen mentioned that the team is getting so much scoring from its underclassmen. That has to bode well for the future. Did you catch that TD Irelan is an asst coach for Syracuse?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

More people there than I expected - maybe 1/3 - 1/2 the bottom deck and  1/5 or so of the upper deck

Just curious has anyone ever figured out UA's attendance protocol? For instance does the 3688 count the number of people THROUGH the gate? Are season ticket holders included in that total even if they did/do not attend. How about other advanced tickets sold, but not attended due to the weather? Does anyone know the actual # of tickets sold for this event.

I know these questions have been asked for other UA sports; not sure if an answer has ever been determined?????

ps. GREAT game; total team effort. 9 different players in the scoring column (goals/and or assists). Something like 12 out of 14 goals scored by middies or defense. At least 8 goals assisted. Not only did Ramos have 15 saves; many were more than just routine. Do I dare say the "Dane Train is Back."

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

At the UAlbany WLAX match against UConn, Scott Marr and I briefly discussed the difficult start to the MLAX season.  He expressed confidence that our team and his staff were on the path to turn things around quickly.  Further, he stated the team practices were productive and the team optimistic.

Those efforts and optimism showed last evening.

I proud to say this team is led by a mature leadership,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

I haven’t seen mentioned that the team is getting so much scoring from its underclassmen. That has to bode well for the future. Did you catch that TD Irelan is an asst coach for Syracuse?

YEP!.  Not even 1/2 of the team is upperclassmen,  And a great class coming in next fall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Just curious has anyone ever figured out UA's attendance protocol? For instance does the 3688 count the number of people THROUGH the gate? Are season ticket holders included in that total even if they did/do not attend. How about other advanced tickets sold, but not attended due to the weather? Does anyone know the actual # of tickets sold for this event.

I know these questions have been asked for other UA sports; not sure if an answer has ever been determined?????

ps. GREAT game; total team effort. 9 different players in the scoring column (goals/and or assists). Something like 12 out of 14 goals scored by middies or defense. At least 8 goals assisted. Not only did Ramos have 15 saves; many were more than just routine. Do I dare say the "Dane Train is Back."

I would guess tickets sold.  Not info just a guess.  There were more folks there than I would have thought with the weather.  Even the views of the stands didn't give an accurate picture.  MANY people were way up on top of the second deck under the over hang and many more on the first staying  up under cover. of the second deck.