UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Really? A Sunday? At 10:30am? When many are in church?

Doesn't impact me but how many ways is the Athletic Department going to find to LIMIT fans abilities to see events for our sports programs? Whether it is high pricing for parking which when added together with the concessions and ticket costs for a family of 4-5 no longer makes attending worth it, scheduling events on weird days/at weird times...you can ALWAYS count on the AD to find a way to screw it up. We've had numerous 'butts in seats' threads on here and seems like the AD is dead set on doing the exact opposite. Hilarious.

This should be on a Saturday afternoon. ALWAYS. If you're going to make it Sunday, at least do it at like 2 or 3PM.

Football Gearing Up for Annual Spring Game - University at Albany Great Danes (ualbanysports.com)

ALBANY, N.Y. – The University at Albany football program heads into the weekend preparing for its annual Spring Game. The event is set to take place this Sunday, May 1, at 10:30 a.m. at Casey Stadium.

The game is free and open to the public, giving fans the opportunity to get an early look at the 2022 Great Danes. The offense is set to be dressed in purple, the defense in white.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eli said:

Really? A Sunday? At 10:30am? When many are in church?

Doesn't impact me but how many ways is the Athletic Department going to find to LIMIT fans abilities to see events for our sports programs? Whether it is high pricing for parking which when added together with the concessions and ticket costs for a family of 4-5 no longer makes attending worth it, scheduling events on weird days/at weird times...you can ALWAYS count on the AD to find a way to screw it up. We've had numerous 'butts in seats' threads on here and seems like the AD is dead set on doing the exact opposite. Hilarious.

This should be on a Saturday afternoon. ALWAYS. If you're going to make it Sunday, at least do it at like 2 or 3PM.

Football Gearing Up for Annual Spring Game - University at Albany Great Danes (ualbanysports.com)

Going for the heathen crowd. Either that or they want as few people as possible to see the 2022 spring version of 2021’s train wreck.  A few years back they shipped it over to Troy as I recall. At any rate, I hope they do well and attract a huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters. But it interferes with my normal Sunday routine so the joy will be reserved for others. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, alum73 said:

You're starting to sound like a guy who orders toast in the breadline.

I've stood in those in the former Soviet Union 😅. I didn't know what toast was back then cause 1) we probably didn't have a toaster and 2) I was like 5 lol. 

Definitely hope someone can provide a report, really curious how our running backs and QBs look. And actually receiving crew as well for that matter. 

Edited by Eli

I'd guess 200-300 in attendance, mainly family and friends.

Hard to tell without real tackling, but the running game didn't seem to do much.

I think they used four quarterbacks, Joe Tortello impressed me the most. They threw to the tight ends a lot, especially early. WR Tyler Merwarth went up for a couple of nice catches. A couple of open receivers were missed by inches.

Kicking game missed a 35-yard FG, was 3-for-3 on extra points, had a punt blocked. The two punts kicked did not go more than 35 yards past the line of scrimmage.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 1:21 PM, UAalum72 said:

I'd guess 200-300 in attendance, mainly family and friends.

Hard to tell without real tackling, but the running game didn't seem to do much.

I think they used four quarterbacks, Joe Tortello impressed me the most. They threw to the tight ends a lot, especially early. WR Tyler Merwarth went up for a couple of nice catches. A couple of open receivers were missed by inches.

Kicking game missed a 35-yard FG, was 3-for-3 on extra points, had a punt blocked. The two punts kicked did not go more than 35 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Agree, they rotated everyone in  which is what this game is for.   I did not notice  Merwarth to be honest but did notice WR  Easton #13, Rose #28, Zinobile #17,.  Rb Banton #26 looked good, Sibley #0 looked good too,  Gotta remember that plays are stopped early in a game like this.  QB #12 Corina looked good as did #4 Valecce (had a much lighter brace on his knee than he had most of the spring - did get flushed once and made a nice run.    #18 Szalkowski did fairly well too. QB's DID throw the ball out of bounds rather than take a sack [they wouldn't allow sacks anyway]. I did not focus that much on the interior OL or DL.  We had a two starters out on the OL 70 and 73, on the sidelines walking.  #68 looked good and 4 TEs rotated and all caught passes and blocked well but like I said did not really focus on the interior guys.

DEF looked REALLY good!  New Kid Simon #96 and RS Freshman  #97 Obiagu were nice on the DE's and pass rush. LB's look fast a strong and hit, rotated new kids in.  Secondary made some great plays.