UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX - Game 11 - Apr 21 (Fri) 7:00 PM Albany, N.Y. Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium

A late season out of conference meeting with a Yale team not quite what it was a few years back, currently 6-4 overall.  A couple of lopsided wins as well as lopsided losses, not sure what to expected on Friday evening.

Apr 21 (Fri) 7:00 PM

vs 

Got an email re limited parking in the SEFCU lot tonight

Men's Lacrosse Advanced Parking

Great Dane Fans, men's lacrosse takes on #19 Yale Bulldogs, tonight in Casey Stadium. We have limited parking remaining in the VIP SEFCU lot, located next to the stadium. SEFCU parking passes for tonight's game are $20. If you haven't already, we encourage you to purchase your parking in advance. Note, DUTCH lot will remain available once SEFCU lot reaches capacity.

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

For some reason I thought the game was today. Appears I didn’t miss much. It’s a shame the 2300 who paid didn’t see a better product on the field. 

Never miss when Yale comes to town. Somber start to the start of the game with the tribute to Coach Marr's mom. It was an odd game from my perspective, because we did come out with good energy and it was a tight game with solid goalie play. We looked pretty quick on offense with Hogg playing the 4th attack from up top, but just couldn't score.

Then we got the usual defensive breakdowns, unforced turnovers, and while we got a decent amount of looks we just couldn't score. I bet we had more shots than Yale and I thought overall both goalies played good games. Something just isn't right.

• Like 1

Statistically even game. Difference IMHO either poor shot selection or great goal tending by yale {pretty sure the former.} UA had more shots than Yale but kept shooting HIGH and or wide. When on net most shot were right into the goalie stick. UA shot low six times and each went in???? {could be a couple of the high shots did get by, but seemed the goalie could not stop when we shot low or bouncers.}

The defense seemed a step slow all night; but let's give Yale's offense some credit: #s 6 & 44 each had 5 goals [& 2, 1 assists.] There two top and both Tewaarton candidates #s 41 & 45 were each held to 2g,1a. I rewatched the first QTR on stream before I got too depressed to watch more, but the UA announcers both said they thought Yale's attach was the best in the country. 

Also, note this was a very meaningful game for yale; at #19 and currently 5th in the ivy, an at large ncaa bid might be there only ticket to the tournament.

Edited by dslyank

The Ivies are generally stacked with more depth in talent top to bottom than UA. And the Danes just don’t have that “one guy” or two guys that can carry the team and force the opponent to make adjustments they don’t want to make. To make an analogy, when Lawrence Taylor played for the Giants, he made stars of linebackers and D linemen who kind of flopped when they left the team. The opponent’s O had to account for LT on every play and usually double team. That’s what I really see with this UA team. Too much one on one, not enough passes to open players and honestly not enough open players. When the D had to react to fuels or a Thompson or TN, other guys could raise their game. Just my opinion. I’m certainly not a LAX expert.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dslyank said:

Statistically even game. Difference IMHO either poor shot selection or great goal tending by yale {pretty sure the former.} UA had more shots than Yale but kept shooting HIGH and or wide. When on net most shot were right into the goalie stick. UA shot low six times and each went in???? {could be a couple of the high shots did get by, but seemed the goalie could not stop when we shot low or bouncers.}

The defense seemed a step slow all night; but let's give Yale's offense some credit: #s 6 & 44 each had 5 goals [& 2, 1 assists.] There two top and both Tewaarton candidates #s 41 & 45 were each held to 2g,1a. I rewatched the first QTR on stream before I got too depressed to watch more, but the UA announcers both said they thought Yale's attach was the best in the country. 

Also, note this was a very meaningful game for yale; at #19 and currently 5th in the ivy, an at large ncaa bid might be there only ticket to the tournament.

I watched on the TV at my daughter and son-in-laws.  They have ESPN +. Turned it off agfter the 3rd.  No question POOR shots.  Not sure when they'll learn that they can not shoot diectly into the goalie's center mass.  The few bounce shots or corner shots hit the net...   Not the first game this has happened.  Very disappointing when it happens game after game..... And yes a step slow, same culprits most of the season, step around the corner and score.  They keep playing them.  Went back to a LOT of zone def again.  Every game we do that we lose.......................................

Edited by HOF2013