UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Any Info on How Camp is Going?

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

My main concern is whether or not Eli has any interest in starting each game's thread and maintaining the stats' flow.  Time will tell.

Likely not this year lol. I might watch a game here or there but I'm starting a new life in Charlotte, NC so will be busy. Now, if we go 5-0 to start the year? You will see my fair weather ass show up fo sho on the board lol.

16 hours ago, Eli said:

Likely not this year lol. I might watch a game here or there but I'm starting a new life in Charlotte, NC so will be busy. Now, if we go 5-0 to start the year? You will see my fair weather ass show up fo sho on the board lol.

I think there’s a better chance of hitting the Powerball. 

19 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

Its been radio silent. Has anyone been to watch practice? Fordham game is like 2 weeks away. Any updates at all? 

Yes, Football has gone quite, after a furry of pre-camp and early camp social media posts, now there is little.

On campus later today.....

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

https://www.news10.com/sports/saints-and-danes/great-danes-gelling-in-training-camp-with-season-opener-on-the-horizon/

ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Are you ready for some football? The University at Albany certainly is.

Two weeks into training camp, the Great Danes are preparing for their rapidly-approaching season opener on August 26th.

With more experience and depth on this year’s squad, the team feels confident they’ll rise above preseason expectations; UAlbany was picked to finish 11th out of 15 teams in the Coastal Athletic Association preseason poll released July 25.

That proof begins at home with Fordham on the 26th – a redemption game for the Danes after last year’s 48-45 heartbreaker in the Bronx.

NEWS10 Sports got its’ first look at UAlbany in full pads Wednesday morning since camp began on the 25th, and it appears vibes are high right now.

“They’ve been really energetic…until this morning; they got an earful this morning,” joked head coach Greg Gattuso. “But they’ve been really good all summer. I said to my weight coach, “I feel bad. I feel like I should be yelling at these guys.” And he said, “Have they given you anything to yell at?” And I said, “No.” They rang the bell this morning, but I like where they’re at mentally, and I think they’re having some fun with each other. We have a good team with all the new kids. I just complemented our transfers from this year about how well they’ve integrated into the team. There’s just nothing going on right now that’s distracting that I’ve seen.”

That matchup with Fordham will be under the lights at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium – UAlbany’s first home season opener since 2014.

Rodger did mention UA FB today (mostly to plug the football weekly show, starting gameday at 11:30). Opening game is also Travers Day, don't know how much that will affect traffic., 

Also today is the first move-in day for students, spread out over three days, classes start in a week. I don't remember the school year starting anywhere near this early, let alone up to a whole week between moving in and classes.

3 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Rodger did mention UA FB today (mostly to plug the football weekly show, starting gameday at 11:30). Opening game is also Travers Day, don't know how much that will affect traffic., 

Also today is the first move-in day for students, spread out over three days, classes start in a week. I don't remember the school year starting anywhere near this early, let alone up to a whole week between moving in and classes.

Getting earlier at many schools.  My years at UA, 1979-83, we moved in Sat or Sun of Labor Day weekend and classes started Tuesday.  And depending on the Jewish calendar, we started getting the holidays off within 2-3 weeks.  

• 2 weeks later...

Camp has been great!  I have been to several practices.  My opinion is that the team is greatly imrpoved - not trying to be over optomistic but still.......  At least 4 RB will get playing time. Griff [local kid] has impressed everyone and they gave him a full scholarship the other night!  O Line is better - WR are better. Defensive backfield is greaty improved.   Players come over and talk too.  Pretty cool for me.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1