UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2023-2024 UAlbany MLAX Fall Lacrosse, 2024 Spring Schedule and Things of Note

15 hours ago, jimbo said:

Why is it such an away weighted schedule?

Had ten home games last year; due to Penn coming here two years in a row to accommodate Merrimack joining Am East late. Also, Syracuse was suppose to come to UA this year, but is not. Not sure why?

Also, per my post above every other year home/away has been out of balance for years. This was the year it was suppose to be resolved. Not sure if last years extreme 10 home - 4 away has messed up the fix??

I have a problem with the pricing of season tickets this year.

• 2024 Pricing (Gold seats) $100.00 for 5 home matches vs $150.00 for 10 home matches in 2023.

This represents a 33% increase in the per seat cost of a game ticket from year to year.

Does this price increase come with guaranteed 5-0 home record?

Absolute Bull $#%&.

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I have a problem with the pricing of season tickets this year.

• 2024 Pricing (Gold seats) $100.00 for 5 home matches vs $150.00 for 10 home matches in 2023.

This represents a 33% increase in the per seat cost of a game ticket from year to year.

Does this price increase come with guaranteed 5-0 home record?

Absolute Bull $#%&.

I don't remember how much season tickets  were last year, but 2 games were during the week during work hours, were not included in the package and were sold as add ons. This year the 5 home games are all on Saturdays, the first one I can see great Danes women basketball as well and the last 2 i should be able to see great danes baseball as well. No complaints from me this year 

Edited by bob87
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, bob87 said:

I don't remember how much season tickets  were last year, but 2 games were during the week during work hours, were not included in the package and were sold as add ons. This year the 5 home games are all on Saturdays, the first one I can see great Danes women basketball as well and the last 2 i should be able to see great danes baseball as well. No complaints from me this year 

Thank you for refreshing my memory for the price change from 2023 to 2024, which is $18.75 to $20.00 per match, representing a 6.7% increase.

UALBANY LACROSSE

Syracuse not on Danes’ schedule

By Mark Singelais

The University at Albany men’s lacrosse program released its 2024 schedule this week. It offers the combination of challenging nonconference games that have become a staple under coach Scott Marr.

There is a noticeable absence, however: Syracuse. The Orange aren’t on the Great Danes’ schedule for the first time since 2003.

Marr said Syracuse coach Gary Gait offered a date of Feb. 8, which would have been UAlbany’s opener, too early for Marr’s liking. Marr also said Gait was only willing to play at JMA Wireless Dome, rather than returning to Casey Stadium.

UAlbany beat Syracuse 14-12 in 2022 in the rain at Casey Stadium, the only time the Orange have visited Albany. UAlbany lost 20-7 at Syracuse in last season’s opener.

“We’ve established ourself enough in the lacrosse world to garner some respect and that means to go home-and-home,” Marr said. “Maryland does it. Cornell does it. We didn’t feel it was the right move for this team in particular to open up in the Dome again.”

Marr said Gait didn’t offer a reason for his unwillingness to return to Albany. Marr said Gait was open to renewing the rivalry in 2025, though they had yet to discuss venue.

That said, Marr acknowledged he “most likely” would have gone to Syracuse this season if there had been a date available later in the season.

“It’s a great game, but last year it wasn’t a great game for us,” Marr said. “We really struggled there. It was our first game and their second, and it’s a huge difference early in the season when you have a couple of games under your belt.”

Syracuse is 18-3 all-time against UAlbany, including NCAA Tournament victories in 2004 and 2016. Their 2020 game was canceled by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Gait, a legendary Syracuse player, is12-17 in his first two seasons as head coach since moving over from the women’s program. The Orange will open the 2024 season with home games against Vermont on Feb. 3, Colgate on Feb. 5 and Manhattan on Feb. 9.

UAlbany will open at Casey Stadium on Feb. 17 against Colgate. Then the Great Danes take to the road for games against Penn on Feb. 20, Drexel on Feb. 24 and UMass on March 2.

The Great Danes will meet Hobart for the first time March 9 at Casey Stadium before opening America East play March 16 at UMass Lowell.

Then UAlbany returns to nonleague play, traveling to seven-time NCAA champion Virginia on March 19. Their only previous meeting was the Cavaliers’ 23-9 victory in the 2005 NCAA Tournament in Charlottesville.

“I want to have teams like that on our schedule,” Marr said. “When you have an opportunity to play the best teams in the country, it does a lot for your team.”

Marr assisted Virginia head coach Lars Tiffany on the coaching staff for the Haudenosaunee Nationals, a Native American team, at the world championships in San Diego last summer.

UAlbany also plays April 19 at Ivy League power Yale. In America East play, the Great Danes have home games against every conference team that beat them last season: Vermont on March 23, Bryant on April 6 and Binghamton on April 27.

The Great Danes, who lost to Bryant in double overtime in last year’s title game, are trying to win their first America East championship since 2018.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...