UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2024 Football Schedule

Scheduled Games

2024 Football Schedule
Date Time At Opponent Location TV Radio Result Links
August 31, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Home LIU Albany, N.Y. / Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium      
September 7, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Away West Virginia Morgantown, WV      
September 14, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Away Idaho Moscow, ID      
September 28, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Home Maine Albany, N.Y. / Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium      
October 5, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Away Cornell Ithaca, NY      
October 12, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Away Bryant Smithfield, RI      
October 19, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Home Elon Albany, N.Y. / Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium      
October 26, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Away Delaware Newark, DE      
November 2, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Home New Hampshire Albany, N.Y. / Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium      
November 9, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Away Stony Brook University Stony Brook, NY      
November 16, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Away Rhode Island Kingston, RI      
November 23, 2024 (Saturday) TBA Home Hampton Albany, N.Y. / Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium      
Edited by cwdickens
update & clarification

10 minutes ago, ctdanes said:

Yeah that’s odd 

Yes, I cannot recall when I have seen this before however; we still have four home conference game with four away conference games.

In the end Stony Brook was a horrible team last year and likely no better this year.  Looks like a potential road win.

7 minutes ago, ctdanes said:

How are we scheduled for 12 games again? I thought fcs was 11 

Depends on how early Labor Day is. ( depends on the number of weekends between the beginning of LD weekend, when the season starts, and Thanksgiving when the playoffs start.)

All FCS can play 12 this year. 

I just read on fbs schedules about the schedule release,  deleware remains in caa in 2024, moves up in 2025. Not eligible for caa title or playoffs in 2024. 

As far as playing a team home or away 2 straight years, that has occasionally happened with all tge changes in conference size and alignment in recent years. Although I do not remember specific examples.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bob87 said:

I just read on fbs schedules about the schedule release,  deleware remains in caa in 2024, moves up in 2025. Not eligible for caa title or playoffs in 2024. 

As far as playing a team home or away 2 straight years, that has occasionally happened with all the changes in conference size and alignment in recent years. Although I do not remember specific examples.  

Do really thing the CAA schedulers really care if we play at SBU two years in a row .... no ... the Golden Apple Trophy is just a side-show. 

The high points of the schedule 

• Opening weekend game, likely 7:00 PM start, next touch for Labor Day Weekend
  • September 28, a late September game, likely 4:00 PM usually nice weather, likely Parent's Weekend
  • October 19, likely Homing-Alumni Weekend .... can be great weather or a wet mess of weather.
  • November 2 .... I like an early November game, last full day of DST.
  • November 23, last regular game of the season is at home.
  • A great mix of teams, both non-conference and conference.

The low points of the schedule:

• Only three home games from late August to the end of October and only 5 home games overall
  • The last home is November 23 .... the weather can be cold and snowy .... not the case in 2023 but 2024 may be a different story.
  •  

2024 Football Season Ticket Deposits Now Being Accepted, Schedule Announced

Receive an Exclusive Commemorative Helmet and Pricing by February 9

ALBANY, N.Y. – Fresh off the best year in program history, ticket deposits are now being accepted for the 2024 University at Albany football season. The Great Danes are coming off the program’s first-ever Coastal Athletic Association (CAA) championship as well as a historic run to the FCS Playoff Semifinals.

To commemorate the unprecedented year, fans who place a $25 season ticket deposits before Feb. 9, 2024, will receive a collectable mini helmet recognizing the team’s undisputed CAA title. All fans who place their deposits before Feb. 9 will also receive the 2023 season ticket rate. After the Feb. 9 deadline, season ticket prices with increase by $25 at every level.

Click to Read Full Preview

2024 FOOTBALL SEASON TICKET DEPOSIT

6 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Do really thing the CAA schedulers really care if we play at SBU two years in a row .... no ... the Golden Apple Trophy is just a side-show. 

Didn't say they care. Just saying when the size of the conference or the members change, the formula for rivals and the rotation of opponents changes even if priority of playing closer teams remains