#106 Jammaster

Jammaster

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:36 AM

FWIW, I was at the SBU game. A few takeaways: 

• I think Albany has a much stronger student engagement. A 1:00pm Saturday game only seemed to draw about 100 students. The rest of the crowd of maybe 7.000 were local fans.

• It's pretty damn nice to have a full stadium bowl with seating all around.

• The new indoor football facility they're building is going to be really nice and will force us to do the same if we want to compete for recruits.

#107 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:08 PM

As for the attendance, it was a load of bull.

The new seats are 2,000.

The endzone sits about 2500.

The "standing room" around the bowl is 2,000.

The visiting side is 1500.

The main stand is 4,000.

That's how they get to their 12,000 capacity.

They had MAYBE 5,000 fans.  MAYBE.

• Eli likes this

#108 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

I was there too. There was not 7k.

#109 B9j2j6s

B9j2j6s

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

Definitely not 7k no section was more than half full. SBU fans I talked to were bummed about
attendence. Their marching band was impressive though.

#110 Jammaster

Jammaster

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, i took a guess on the total. The point was that their student support was really sad. Seems like an insult to the players that they could only muster a handful of students on a sunny November afternoon when the dorms are a short walk away. If there was 5,000, it was 99.9% community.

#111 BestDaneSinceHamlet

BestDaneSinceHamlet

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

Plus it was a rivalry game.  What did Albany have at the Stony Brook game last year studentwise?

#112 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

Plus it was a rivalry game.  What did Albany have at the Stony Brook game last year studentwise?

Couldn’t have been much. Total attendance 3800+ on a sunny 58-degree afternoon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users