UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Maine Postgame

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, about the game. For some reason, Maine (and Bingo) have always had reputations for playing physical and yes dirty. I was proud of Giff for fighting back; and at the time I really thought it was going to give us a spark, but obviously the opposite happened. Maybe a few more Danes need to GROWL a bit more.

WOW.....Holy shnikies :huh: Some valid points but why so angry? I mean I was as pissed as anyone but this it taking it to another level. I appreciate the passion though!

I assume you are commenting on my post.

The things I want to see are:

1. All out hussle - 1000% effort.

2. Passion - for winning (if not, why play) and Passion for the team.

3. Aggressive and Active - not passive and tentative

Why be allowed to play Division I ball, if these things aren't brought to the game?

I'm not mad, just disappointed and frustrated. :wacko:

It was indeed an ugly game!! I agree with Coach Brown, the game was lost in the first half. Down by 5/6 at home to Maine was not good. We came out great in the 2nd half, got a 12 point lead--then the mess--and we coast--and we pay for it. Lillis is by far the best D-1 player we have ever had. He has always been spectacular on defense and if we had turned him loose earlier on offense--wow. But he needs help from his Senior team-mates. Where are they?? We still have plenty of time but we need to improve team wise. We can still be #1 in the conference and still win the tournament---BUT no one is going to give it to us!! The team has good depth for the long haul and with effort will still dance in March!!

WOW.....Holy shnikies :huh: Some valid points but why so angry? I mean I was as pissed as anyone but this it taking it to another level. I appreciate the passion though!

I assume you are commenting on my post.

Why be allowed to play Division I ball, if these things aren't brought to the game?

I'm not mad, just disappointed and frustrated. :wacko:

Sorry I was talking to dslynk.

It was indeed an ugly game!! I agree with Coach Brown, the game was lost in the first half. Down by 5/6 at home to Maine was not good. We came out great in the 2nd half, got a 12 point lead--then the mess--and we coast--and we pay for it. Lillis is by far the best D-1 player we have ever had. He has always been spectacular on defense and if we had turned him loose earlier on offense--wow. But he needs help from his Senior team-mates. Where are they?? We still have plenty of time but we need to improve team wise. We can still be #1 in the conference and still win the tournament---BUT no one is going to give it to us!! The team has good depth for the long haul and with effort will still dance in March!!

Where does Jamar rank....the all time points scorer in the history of our school? I'm just wondering!

Where does Jamar rank....the all time points scorer in the history of our school? I'm just wondering!

Yup, broke the record about 2/3 of the way into last season. 2,100+ (2,167 as a guess w/o looking it up) career point scorer. Where have you been???? Haha, j/k.

I’m a little biased, but look at Jamar’s averages over his career or even his senior year and compare them to Brian’s this year (when not deferring to his teammates). Also, could Jamar have ever won defensive player of the year?

I really don't think this is a good topic to delve into.

Everyone has their preferences and their favorites.

Brian DPOY + tremendous leader and scorer as a senior, two NCAA appearances, resume is still a work in progress

Jamar 2,000 pt scorer and 2 time POY was the team leader when the Danes won 20+ his last 2 seasons and the team won 2 AE Championships.

Two great players why compare them, just enjoy the fact that we have/had them on our team!!!!

I really don't think this is a good topic to delve into.

Everyone has their preferences and their favorites.

Brian DPOY + tremendous leader and scorer as a senior, two NCAA appearances, resume is still a work in progress

Jamar 2,000 pt scorer and 2 time POY was the team leader when the Danes won 20+ his last 2 seasons and the team won 2 AE Championships.

Two great players why compare them, just enjoy the fact that we have/had them on our team!!!!

Totally agree!

What's become most frustrating is the start and stop. Looking good followed by looking bad. It happens within games when we lead big, and give it away, or for a series of games when we play with hunger and for some reason then come to play looking like we barely want it.

It seems like we've got talent - now and in the future. Its an absence of focus, or at least periodic lapses in focus or desire. IAnd can you even teach intensity? When you get out hustled on the road, you can sometimes attribute it to travel fatigue and unfamiliar surroundings. A blown a 12 point lead at home to a lesser opponent, though, is a difficult situation if its something other than being out-talented.

Maybe some good will come out of this and we'll put put another little streak together.

Mindboggling Frustration!!!!!!

Consistent effort is something that you should be able to bring forth every game as a team.

Making mistakes and missing shots is part of the game and sometimes just can't be controlled.

To me our problem is our EFFORT!!!!

At worst we should be sitting at 5-1

Just my opinion.

Personally I'm flabbergasted at the play of Brent Wilson....the guy has been through the wars, the championship runs, the NCAA's. For him to be this inconsistent is mind boggling. If he continues to be on and off like he has been.....perhaps we start Josh at the 1, Lillis at the 2, Jerel at the 3 and Brian at the 4.

I know this might get some :o stares but it's just a thought. When he is on he can be a huge help but it's either feast or famine with him. Truth is, we NEED a more consistent effort from him to win. In our last two loses to Bingo and Maine he went for 0 pts. 4 reb and 3 assists.....and 4 pts, 1 reb and 2 assists. If he does continue to start perhaps he should be on a shorter leash, although that will probably further mess with his consistence. I really don't know what the answer is but Brian needs more help from an experienced vet like him. I trust coach Brown will figure out what to do.....he did call him out personally leading up to the BU game (I believe) and Brent responded. Coach Brown shouldn't have to do that before every game or after every single bad one. If memory serves, Brent made a comment after the remarks by Coach Brown that he knows he needs to get it done.

With Josh getting back on the floor, Johns minutes should be limited IMO, to at least allow his body to heal up.

Take my post with a truck load of salt....it's just one posters opinions.

I'm kind of perplexed at Brent's play as of late. I would HOPE it is due to injury, and that he will eventually heal throughout the course of the season. I expected him to be the one to step up and take this team by the horn. When he plays bad, we are losing - bottom line. We need that extra scoring threat - otherwise, he is just a big man not rebounding, camping above the 3 pt. line. Josh/Jerel will be the key, because one of them needs to be a 12-15 point scorer if Brent isn't going to be, and I would hope that Coach lowers Brent's minutes so he can a) heal and B) allow Josh to get more time.

Something has to change. The effot isn't there nor is the composure.

I know this was going away and I'm late to the party but "by far the best d-1 player we have ever had"? Jamar led the team in points, rebounds and assists for the last two years I believe and was a solid defensive player (not great but solid). He could shoot the three and hit free throws on a consistent basis. And there was one guy (and that would include the new Brian Lillis) that you would want to have the ball in his hands down by 1 with 4 seconds to play, and that was Jamar.

This what 8 game stretch that Lillis is having is fanctastic but I think we may be reaching in comparing him to a Jamar Wilson. Now is he (or this season) the second best in our short D1 history? Could be.

Archived