Photo

College Sports Maddness - Top 144

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,556 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

Albany in at 118...not bad. Second in the AE, presuming UVM will be number one but probably much higher. 

http://www.collegesp...m/article/14903

#2 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

Ranked ahead of Georgia, Illinois, and Memphis doesn't look too bad

#3 UA1882

UA1882

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

I have been looking around and I hate fans that see things through rose colored glasses all the time but I need to ask the question: Is this the best team , on paper , that we have ever had??

We lost very little and bring in some very good players . I know people may not think so but when u look at the roster up and down I think we should be very very good.

#4 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

Ranked ahead of Georgia, Illinois, and Memphis doesn't look too bad

What happened to Illinois and Memphis. Weren't those powerhouses? Goodness.

Also, is it safe to assume LCC isn't even in the top 150? HAHAHAH

Edited by Eli, 17 July 2017 - 06:51 PM.

GO DANES!!!

#5 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

Illini finished RPI #64 last year (17-14, 8-11 Big Ten) but Memphis was only #122 (19-13, 9-11 Am. Athletic). Reputation lags behind actual results.

#6 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

I have been looking around and I hate fans that see things through rose colored glasses all the time but I need to ask the question: Is this the best team , on paper , that we have ever had??

We lost very little and bring in some very good players . I know people may not think so but when u look at the roster up and down I think we should be very very good.

We return our top five scorers. I don't think we've done that since the 2005-06 season. That year we brought back our top six scorers.

#7 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

I forgot we actually play Memphis this year

#8 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Yale in the Top 144 countdown along with opponents Kent State and Memphis so far. http://www.collegesp...m/article/14943

• Eli likes this

#9 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

Vermont in at #64

#10 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Vermont in at #64

Hard to argue since they had a great RPI last year. They were amazingly consistent. Didn't really have a "big" win - Yale was probably their best - they just kept beating teams they were supposed to beat.

#11 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

The are going to be good again, no doubt, but are they 54 spots better than UA?

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#12 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

The are going to be good again, no doubt, but are they 54 spots better than UA?

Until we prove otherwise.

VT was veteran and steady last year while we were young and a little more up and down. Our side of the equation should change this year with a returning backcourt.

Things I hope we can see this year:

-A back-up PG. Costa Anderson did a nice job holding down the fort last year but I'd like to see him more off the ball.

-Someone to fill the Dallas role. He was a Swiss Army knife for us.

-Offense off the bench.

-Some kind of post presence. Maybe a lot to ask from one of the newcomers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users