UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saturday Night

I feel comfortable with all 4 Bigs returning and Dallas plus BJ Jenkins, Jamir Andrews, and Cremo ( if he only shoots at our basket) will be a pretty good foundation.

I heard Dallas may graduate early, so if he doesn't get enough playing time he may just move on.

For those who didn't see Cremo's own goal on the AE board:

giphy.gif

lol @ Brown's reaction

It's incredible how myopic most folks think of this game... It's not about one game.

Sefcu arena rights are coming up... An additional couple of hundred season ticket holders helps helps sell the naming rights. I doubt that none of those folks will ever return, they will cherry pick games and come back. We have now set precedent that we won't tolerate the inequitable treatment we've endured for the last 15 years.

On the court there are tangible benefits to playing at home, in your building, on your rims. How many close games over the years would have been wins if we actually had any semblance of home court advantage with our kids and fans on top of their bench and court?

This is a long game, much more than about one year. Our season ticket base continues to grow... Look at the attendance this year... This is how you build a program, you look to execute a long term vision and that starts with respecting yourself and not allowing Siena to always dictate terms... Even if they get 1500 in the door... Who cares long term?

Agree.

Well said..

Also remember no schools sponsors was ever built on away games. This game has inflated LCC attendance numbers for years with no benefit to Albany.

What I would love to see is this game to be played on the Friday night before the last football game of the season.

Think about how fun that weekend would be when the football team gets good.

Beat LCC on a friday night and then SBU on Saturday to make the football playoffs

Edited by bob87

There was issues last year with sched and we screwed them with their students being out of class. We pulled out of the cancun tourney if I recall corectly.

I don't think you recall correctly. They've had the game on their home floor, as part of their season ticket package for over a decade. They've haven't been "screwed" out of anything.

Exactly DP. Also it was the LCC loud mouth coach who went crying to the media before the schools agreed on a date because Albany didn't just say "yes sir": to him on the day he wanted to play the game . If memory serves the loud month LCC coach wanted to play the game at a time that overlapped our last home football game

Edited by bob87

What was the guarantee we got for the games that were played at TU and how many tickets were given to us?

My point also is the game is just another game and not about the community. If it was about the community it would be at the TU neutral court not part of anyone's season tickets. Siena banners come down etc.

Series should have been canceled. Who cares about having Siena come to the SEFCU. Go get someone else to come and start a home and home.

Edited by UA'08
  • Like 1

Next year's game might be on the Sunday after Thanksgiving

I'll be there, but that's dumb. No students will come to the game.

Haggy conspiracy theory: Schedule the game on the Sunday after Thanksgiving so you can skip out on giving away free student tickets, and get more paying customers through the door.

What was the guarantee we got for the games that were played at TU and how many tickets were given to us?

My point also is the game is this game is not about the community. If it was about the community it would be at the TU neutral court not part of anyone's season tickets. Siena banners come down etc.

Series should have been canceled. Who cares about having Siena come to the SEFCU. Go get someone else to come and start a home and home.

the game for the community was always bull$iena coming of of $iena and the knickbocker arena. .

Don't agree with the series being canceled. Obviously it should be a home and home like any other series between Albany and a mid major(being generous to LCC in that classification)

Even the LCC fans know that having the game at home is going to help Albany sell more tickets. To say nothing of the other benefits to the program that Click clack mentioned earlier.

You plan to cancel that to bring in an opponent that would draw less makes no sense as long as the benefits are there to Albany

My point also is the game is this game is not about the community. If it was about the community it would be at the TU neutral court not part of anyone's season tickets. Siena banners come down etc.

I believe we got 575 tickets or so. However, that doesn't stop people from buying them from the TU.

What I don't understand is how come we can average 3000 or whatever it is for our home games, but we couldn't get enough people out to fill our section? We didn't even sell our allotment of 575 as there were empty seats in our section on saturday. Are people really that proud that they won't give the TU $15 or whatever it was to support your own team? That's like me saying I don't want to support the Knicks so I'll never buy a ticket at MSG to see my Miami Heat play.

We should have 2k AT LEAST every time we play at the TU.

This is the ONLY thing I will agree with Siena fans about: our fans are not committed, generally speaking. I will not be surprised if 400-500 Siena fans buy season tickets just for next year so they can get in the door. I don't think it'll be "1000" as LCC Tony likes to say.

Next year's game might be on the Sunday after Thanksgiving

I'll be there, but that's dumb. No students will come to the game.

Haggy conspiracy theory: Schedule the game on the Sunday after Thanksgiving so you can skip out on giving away free student tickets, and get more paying customers through the door.

Unlikely, but not out of the question.

Edited by Ilko

IIko

How is the albany -LCC situation remotely similar to Knicks-heat . Has one of those teams hosted every game for 15 straight years between those 2 teams .

And yes I decided years ago I would never buy a ticket for any LCC game until after they play at albany .

BTW , if I haven't forgotten to add a venue on my spreadsheet I have seen the Danes play various sports in 101 different venues most recently at south florida , holy cross and Marist for the first time

Edited by bob87

So we get 500 Siena fans buying season tickets just to get to see their team next year. Is this really what UA wants? The spike in increased season tickets will be just a fluke and the following year that number goes back down. More importantly, what about the possibility of 500 empty seats for the BPG, UVM and Stony Brook. I hate being so cynical about this, but increasing your season tickets with your 'rival' buying them up doesn't seem very logical.

• Like 1

I thought I read that the 575 UA specific tickets were sold out.

What was previous years number of tickets? I thought i read we were also given about 30k in cash too.

I thought the number I heard was more like 18-20k in the past for increasing their ticket sales by ~100k . (5k additional tickets *20) what a joke even at your figure Edited by bob87

So we get 500 Siena fans buying season tickets just to get to see their team next year. Is this really what UA wants? The spike in increased season tickets will be just a fluke and the following year that number goes back down. More importantly, what about the possibility of 500 empty seats for the BPG, UVM and Stony Brook. I hate being so cynical about this, but increasing your season tickets with your 'rival' buying them up doesn't seem very logical.

Are you kidding .

A rival says they are going to buy season tickets for your team unless you play the game at our arena .

Ok call them on the bluff .

If you are that worried about it raise the price for 1st time season tickets next year with the offer of the same price as everyone else's if you get seasons for 2 years

Edited by bob87

Your solution is what...keep playing away games?

Absolutely ridiculous that we are still even talking about whether this is a good thing or not, having a home game.