UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saturday Night

There was issues last year with sched and we screwed them with their students being out of class. We pulled out of the cancun tourney if I recall corectly. Better hope this is not true, after hearing where they put the band and all that crap, we should have been careful for what we wished for in getting that home game. Should have just cuncled da series. Also someone posted that they didn't do the normal intros for us that they usually would with lights off and a video. Why would they do that anyway since it is their true home game

The game will sell out very early. If the conversations I heard at the Siena game are true, many Siena fans, including students, will be buying UA season tickets to insure a UA-Siena ticket.

If the box office has ears, it should be required to purchase both Men's and Women's season tickets to get a UA-Siena ticket.

The game will sell out very early. If the conversations I heard at the Siena game are true, many Siena fans, including students, will be buying UA season tickets to insure a UA-Siena ticket.

If the box office has ears, it should be required to purchase both Men's and Women's season tickets to get a UA-Siena ticket.

Hence there will be a $iena load of green. Hate to say this too, but good luck trying to get students to buy season tickets. You shave trouble getting them to go when it's free.

It's incredible how myopic most folks think of this game... It's not about one game.

Sefcu arena rights are coming up... An additional couple of hundred season ticket holders helps helps sell the naming rights. I doubt that none of those folks will ever return, they will cherry pick games and come back. We have now set precedent that we won't tolerate the inequitable treatment we've endured for the last 15 years.

On the court there are tangible benefits to playing at home, in your building, on your rims. How many close games over the years would have been wins if we actually had any semblance of home court advantage with our kids and fans on top of their bench and court?

This is a long game, much more than about one year. Our season ticket base continues to grow... Look at the attendance this year... This is how you build a program, you look to execute a long term vision and that starts with respecting yourself and not allowing Siena to always dictate terms... Even if they get 1500 in the door... Who cares long term?

Edited by Clickclack

Make no mistake...we will be heavy dogs next year as we graduate so many kids and they return most of theirs. That's OK though...long game. Keep building a program. Next step has to be to increase financial support for the basketball program and do something with SEFCU. I know the AD has very very grand plans...we'll know in the next few years of where this program is heading long term. Is the AE the ceiling or do they aspire to go higher.

I feel comfortable with all 4 Bigs returning and Dallas plus BJ Jenkins, Jamir Andrews, and Cremo ( if he only shoots at our basket) will be a pretty good foundation.

If Andrews can pick it up on the defensive end I still think he'll be a good one, even though he hasn't shown it much in games he is suppose to be a pure shooter.

I haven't seen much of Nichols but I believe he can play and is very athletic!

Edited by Patch

There was issues last year with sched and we screwed them with their students being out of class. We pulled out of the cancun tourney if I recall corectly.

I don't think you recall correctly. They've had the game on their home floor, as part of their season ticket package for over a decade. They've haven't been "screwed" out of anything.

Edited by Dane Pound
  • Like 2

There was issues last year with sched and we screwed them with their students being out of class. We pulled out of the cancun tourney if I recall corectly.

I don't think you recall correctly. They've had the game on their home floor, as part of their season ticket package for over a decade. They've haven't been "screwed" out of anything.

And they have been able to keep the bulk of the profits from the game.

and Cremo ( if he only shoots at our basket) will be a pretty good foundation.

Every good rivalry needs good lore and that was one that will be remembered for a long time. Hopefuly Cremo forgets it sometime but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

I feel comfortable with all 4 Bigs returning and Dallas plus BJ Jenkins, Jamir Andrews, and Cremo ( if he only shoots at our basket) will be a pretty good foundation.

I heard Dallas may graduate early, so if he doesn't get enough playing time he may just move on.

For those who didn't see Cremo's own goal on the AE board:

giphy.gif