UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX - at UMBC Retrievers, UMBC Stadium, Baltimore, MD Saturday, March 30 @ 12:00 PM

9 minutes ago, jimbo said:

OMG this UMBC announcer is annoying. Show a little control dude!

As I said to my wife earlier in the game, these local ESPN+ productions can be bit amateurship.  Today's production is a fine example, including the camara work at times.

Good game. Should not have been that close. A fluke goal on a deflected high bouncer and the problem with #26 being left totally uncovered on at least 2 of his 7 goals. But a good win on the road. 

Edited by dslyank

Watched last 10 minutes, easily could have given this game away.  That Palumb  drive to net with 10 seconds left is what a Thompson or Fields would have done, no pussyfooting around trying a pass, put your head down and head straight for net.  Game over.

Edited by nysteve661

15 hours ago, ctdanes said:

That’s not a game we win last year or even earlier this year. Solid W

100% agree with you. I have not been happy with this staff for a while, but I do have to say this team is showing much more grit and has improved through the season as opposed to what we have seen the last several years. This is the weakest the AE has been in a while, but a nice road win for sure.

3 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

100% agree with you. I have not been happy with this staff for a while, but I do have to say this team is showing much more grit and has improved through the season as opposed to what we have seen the last several years. This is the weakest the AE has been in a while, but a nice road win for sure.

Just to restate from previous threads, the America East Conference has faced big time competition from the Ivy, B10 and ACC Conference, as well as the transfer portal.  However, as yesterday's announcer pointed out, UAlbany is rebuilding by recruiting freshman.  He noted the number of sophomores and freshman on the team and they were contributing to the success of our team and did not seem affected by the three one-game losses. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

This is the weakest the AE has been in a while, but a nice road win for sure.

Not sure the announcer for UMBC is a reliable source; but he was promoting the opposite several times yesterday. Claimed one or more of the league blue bloods could be on the outside looking in this year for the AmEast tournament. Not saying he is right, but he was praising the league heartily.

On the other hand, while praising the current UMBC coach, he was saying UA and UMBC have played some of the greatest games of all time. Again not arguing that , but pretty sure many of the games he referenced were with UMBC former coach I believe.

Personally, I cannot say if the league is weak or not this year, but it does seem pretty balanced overall, more so than ever perhaps. For a 5 or 6 year period UA pretty much crushed "everyone" in the league. No one has done that since or perhaps ever? So was the league weaker than or was UA just in a league by themselves ??

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dslyank said:

Not sure the announcer for UMBC is a reliable source; but he was promoting the opposite several times yesterday. Claimed one or more of the league blue bloods could be on the outside looking in this year for the AmEast tournament. Not saying he is right, but he was praising the league heartily.

On the other hand, while praising the current UMBC coach, he was saying UA and UMBC have played some of the greatest games of all time. Again not arguing that , but pretty sure many of the games he referenced were with UMBC former coach I believe.

Personally, I cannot say if the league is weak or not this year, but it does seem pretty balanced overall, more so than ever perhaps. For a 5 or 6 year period UA pretty much crushed "everyone" in the league. No one has done that since or perhaps ever? So was the league weaker than or was UA just in a league by themselves ??

UVM is down this year for sure after a good run, Stony Brook is no longer in the conference. I guess you could say Bryant is solid, but other than that Bingo is what Bingo is, NJIT is a bit better but still not a top team, and UMass L is bad. I don't think how the announcer could make the case that the AE is a good conference. I'll stand by the fact that this is probably the first team in 4-5 years that is showing some serious grit and getting better.  The defense to include D middies needs to get better, but this team could definitely get into the tournament with winning the AE conference tournament. 

• Like 1