UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Can we talk about how stupid it is that CAA, one of the "premier" FCS conferences has a TV contract with a company whose next biggest feature is like Richard Simmons School for Archery?

It sounds dumb but ESPN is the same price as NoFloSports and you get like 1000000 other thingss.

I wonder if that hurts recruiting? It reminds me of when the NHL took a buttload more money to go to NBCSPorts (formerly vs) and the only effect was ratings went WAAAY down.

I listen to Unnecessary Roughness podcast from Barstool Sports for college football fix. One of the guys was saying one of the best games last night was Youngstown St. vs. Villanova. But he even joked "to bad you and no one will be able to watch it because its's on FloSports".

It's beyond insane that the higher-ups in this conference look at this crap and are like "yup...we are doing what is best for the conference".

• Haha 1

From my understanding, FLOSports is the only partner that will allow teams to also negotiate their own local media deals - for example SBU had an agreement with SNY, which I believe expired, but now they are on YouTube TV. So while I WOULD much rather the CAA use ESPN instead of Flo, this does open UA up to negotiate a deal with a local cable provider or some other platform.  

17 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

From my understanding, FLOSports is the only partner that will allow teams to also negotiate their own local media deals - for example SBU had an agreement with SNY, which I believe expired, but now they are on YouTube TV. So while I WOULD much rather the CAA use ESPN instead of Flo, this does open UA up to negotiate a deal with a local cable provider or some other platform.  

My problem with that is...we are UAlbany. Heck it's the CAA. What local rights do you need? ESPN+ is going to give you all the marketing you can ask for and even more. It's national. Sorry, while I love UAlbany, I'm not going to be angry I can't find UAlbany on my local regional sports network.

Frankly, I have found my ways to watch the game without Flo, be it through websites that shall remain nameless. 

8 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

My problem with that is...we are UAlbany. Heck it's the CAA. What local rights do you need? ESPN+ is going to give you all the marketing you can ask for and even more. It's national. Sorry, while I love UAlbany, I'm not going to be angry I can't find UAlbany on my local regional sports network.

Frankly, I have found my ways to watch the game without Flo, be it through websites that shall remain nameless. 

100% agreed. I hate Flosports as much or more than any of you. I was just justifying why the CAA signed that deal. We don't have a local sports network, but UA could sign a deal with spectrum to have them broadcast the games. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough interest in the area for spectrum to care

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Share the wealth, please 🙏🏻 

39 minutes ago, ctdanes said:

Share the wealth, please 🙏🏻 

It says the game will be available. So we will see. Hopefully for my sanity because I suggested to my 6 year old we can watch the game, lol. We got bored rooting for our main team Tennessee (69-3 easy victory vs Chattanooga).