UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

5 in a row!

Great team win tonight.

We were discussing on the way home that we couldn't pick out one player who was the best tonight. Coach Brown is always saying Lillis has the highest basketball IQ on the team but if that's true Lou is a close second. He really seems to have a knack for knowing when to drive and when to pass. Crashed the boards a couple of times to get some big offensive rebounds.

Lillis' stats for a PG

8 points

12 rebounds

6 assists

only 1 turnover

1 steal

Another great night for the Wilson twins. Jamar is making much better decisions and seems to have confidence in his outside shot again.

Just curious if anyone saw what happened with Brent and Bofia. I didn't see anything that should have gotten Bofia tossed. Big crowd to see him play tonight-pretty sure because he prepped at RCA in Troy. Looks like a really good player.

Considering the NFL playoffs not a bad attendance, just over 2K. I think they were saying on the news this is the second longest win streak in D-1 history. It was six games in 99-00 but I'm pretty sure on of those wins came over an NAIA school.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two questions about the game:

(1) What did Bofia do to get ejected from the game at the end? What are the rules about playing in the next game after an ejection?

(2) What did Brent Wilson do to earn the technical?

(3) Rhetorical question: What is the definition of goaltending?

He threw a elbow at Brent Wilson and slammed Wilson in the face. Wilson got a Technical when Bofia was on top of Lillis is the 2nd half on a jump ball. Wilson threw him off thinking he was getting to physical. They had it in for each other the rest of the way. Bofia slamed him, got alot of boo's and got kicked out...i expect the Maine AD or the AE to do something about it...i can see him being suspended for 1 game...

thats what i saw as i was broadcasting

It was a blatant punch to the face...it wasn't an elbow. It looked to me like he connected pretty good. He should be out more than 1 game I think. Very unsportsman like and the fans that were there watching him were applauding, not sure how you can applaud that. Great win for Albany though

Generally Statefan sits in the row in front of me. Last night he moved to a different section possibly because I haven't washed my Great Danes sweatshirt since the winning streak began. In any event he had a better vantage point than I did for those events involving Bafia and Brent. He has a post about what he saw on the AE Board.

Since Bofia is only a freshman I don't think he'll be looking forward to his trips to Albany for the next couple of years.

Generally Statefan sits in the row in front of me. Last night he moved to a different section possibly because I haven't washed my Great Danes sweatshirt since the winning streak began.

Since Bofia is only a freshman I don't think he'll be looking forward to his trips to Albany for the next couple of years.

11071[/snapback]

Dane Pound,

You did not tell me about that sweatshirt. I'm concerned because I sit in the same row as Statefan. I guess I want our streak to continue, but it will be at the cost of the streaks on your sweatshirt.

Thanks, however, for indicating Statefan's version of what happened. He has the most accurate and comprehensive view of what actually transpired. I know I certainly had questions as we left the RACC. Thanks for helping to clear some of them up.

Another good game all around. Nice win without much trouble. Until Maine lost control of themselves.

My only negative on the night was that the bench wasn't emptied a little earlier. I know this team has to win and learn how to win, but up by 18-20 with 2 minutes left. Empty the bench. We've lost palyers before (including this year) due to lack of playing time. You're not going to learn a lot about a player at that point but it may do them some good to see the floor. In particular, I saw 2 license plates in the parking lot with "Bauman" on them from PA. A long drive to see your son sit the bench even when its a blowout. Not a big deal, just an observation.

McFan,

My sentiments exactly. I did not know that the Baumans were at the game. What a shame. I hope we do not lose their son. I don't care how relatively poor a player that he is (and I'm in no way saying that he is poor), but you never know when someone who has not been playing will be called up to play. The Hartford game this week made me realize that two years ago when we played them, Albany had only 4 players on the court for the end of the game.

Another good game all around.  Nice win without much trouble.  Until Maine lost control of themselves.

My only negative on the night was that the bench wasn't emptied a little earlier.  I know this team has to win and learn how to win, but up by 18-20 with 2 minutes left.  Empty the bench.  We've lost palyers before (including this year) due to lack of playing time.  You're not going to learn a lot about a player at that point but it may do them some good to see the floor.  In particular, I saw 2 license plates in the parking lot with "Bauman" on them from PA.  A long drive to see your son sit the bench even when its a blowout.  Not a big deal, just an observation.

11076[/snapback]

So who besides Bofia "lost control" of themsleves???

Please don't exaggerate this incident. Although extremely inappropriate (and he should be suspended), I doubt that Bofia just decided to do this without some type of provocation.

Bofia lost total control. There was at least one other player that pounced on Lillis on the loose ball situation. Nothing too bad. I more specifically meant Bofia. And he did lose control and since that is all I have said I guess I havn't "exaggerated" the situation.

He wasn't provoked unless you call getting blown out of the gym provoked. I was on that side of the court and on the loose ball, which he never even had his hands on" he jumped on and was swinging away in the direction of the ball. Unfortunately it was in Lillis' hands the whole time. Not sure what B. Wilson did as I saw Levi step in to protect and was focused on him. Actually thought he had the T and it would have been a good one, as was Brents. Bofia and another player were on top of Lillis and did not stop at the whistle.

There was another rebound situation where Levine came away from an apparent shot to the groin. This was not to long after the loose ball and at the time I questioned wether somebody may have taken a cheap shot in traffic. Didn't see anything but thought it might be the case.

Just one other point.

Both coaches missed this opportunity to pull the involved players off of the court in a game that was over. Maine will now most likely play without one of their best players for at least one game and his reputation is now tarnished. And Albany could have lost Wilson or someone else in a retaliation.

I saw 2 license plates in the parking lot with "Bauman" on them from PA. A long drive to see your son sit the bench even when its a blowout. Not a big deal, just an observation

I don't know the situation with Bauman but if he didn't play in the last couple of minutes against Maine, I'm not sure when he'll play.

I remember when he was offered, there was an article in the Pittsburgh paper that talked about his brother who transferred from a D1 school to a D2 school because he didn't get any playing time. I also remember a quote from him saying that he was told that he would get minutes at the 1 and the 2.

It's amazing how we as "Fans" can all speculate on what is going on and what should be done and our decisions are meaningless personal opinions.

First off there was no pushing and shoving that I saw between Bofia and Brent. Brent was coming to Lillis's aid and was stopped short of getting involved but his actions or words got him a "T". From my point of view - There was nothing apparent to me that made me think that the situation would erupt into Bofia's reaction. Hindsight is always better than foresight.

Second most of us would have all liked to see Bauman get a few minutes but that's a coach's decision - we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Evidently Bauman and Brown know better than we do. Bauman if he was unhappy would have seen the handwriting on the wall last season. If he wasn't sure last year he would have known by now especially with the return of Iati and the addition of Siggers. I think his staying after the first semester informs us that he likes Albany as a school.

Third the whole coaching staff has their careers on the line. If the Head Coach is let go the new Coach will probaly bring in his own staff. A comfortable lead for us may not be so comfortable too the coaching staff. I would believe if my career was in limbo I would go with the guys who are my "security blanket" and stick with them probably to long in a semi blowout (last 6 minutes) and then feel some remorse that Jared, Bauman or Connelly didn't get a couple more minutes.

Just my thoughts, I'm sure there is alot of anxiety affecting the Men's Program.

First off there was no pushing and shoving that I saw between Bofia and Brent. Brent was coming to Lillis's aid and was stopped short of getting involved but his actions or words got him a "T". From my point of view - There was nothing apparent to me that made me think that the situation would erupt into Bofia's reaction. Hindsight is always better than foresight.

11091[/snapback]

I agree here, I think I made the post on the AE Board as well. During the whole situation, Brent was a good 2-4 ft. from Lillis and Bofia on the floor. I would assume it was something Brent said as the refs weren't restraining him from the pile-up or anything like that. It was an all-of-a-sudden T. Probably a curse that the refs didn't like.

As an interesting note along those lines, during the women's game I heard Hartford players on two occasions yell out s**t after unsuccessful drives at the hoop. Kinda surprised me how loud it was (although I was right near the floor under the hoop) and the fact that it came from the women's game.