UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Racc Rowdies

Would it be presumptous of me to assume there may be some razzing UMBC's locker room banishment by the Rowdies tonight?

11333[/snapback]

I would recommend nothing less! Hopefully I can make the game tonight. I have a class from 5:45-8:35 but it's the first one of the semester, usually meaning a fairly quick handing out of the syllabus and class intro...fingers crossed!

I have a little earpiece AM radio..half debating bringing it to class, just in case..lol.

So at tonights game I found out that the flag is GONE!!! :( I am very sad about this and then I was told that it was to much to get a new one and that it would be hard to get one right now. I wonder if I would be able to put a pic of the flag and I up on a big jug and start collecting $$ for a new flag... Do you guys think we could get enough money for it?! I will even go around the RACC during the half. let me know what you think!

I agree. Pass the hat around or do what the Pep Band did tonight with their 50/50 drawing. If you're going to pass the jug around you should probably start with the high rollers in the courtside side seats also know as millionares row.

Just curious about how much one would cost? $50? $100? I think they have them done at the place on Fuller Road.

That's ridiculous that the Athletic Department won't fork over the money and rush order it. I thought th Athletic Department was committed to be a true DI program.

Contact Coach Brown and check his thoughts.

Pass the Hat around at a half time with an explanation of what you need the money for and I'm sure the funds will be raised.

I wonder if I would be able to put a pic of the flag and I up on a big jug and start collecting $$ for a new flag... Do you guys think we could get enough money for it?! I will even go around the RACC during the half. let me know what you think! - AlbanysFlagman

would likely be successful ... i'm in

If you're going to pass the jug around you should probably start with the high rollers in the courtside side seats also know as millionares row. - Dane Pound

"high rollers" ... funny stuff ... just a bunch of middle class teachers down there (+ a few parents of kids we've taught), but i'm surely in ($) for any worthy project that supports our common goal ... stop by

A flag of the quality of the one that is missing will cost quite a bit BUT that is no excuse--get a can and the gal with the chalk board--go into the Hall of Fame Room before the mens game and all those free loaders should throw in ten bucks and you should walk out with a cool $1000 to cover the cost----------good luck!!

are the Racc rowdies an official student group? I think you can get more people if you made it official, and put out ads and have meetings and things like that. It should be done like this:    http://www.wvu.edu/~maniacs/

11552[/snapback]

Ya, we are. And have (a SMALL) budget and such. I had shyed away from having meetings (the group just formed towards the end of last season) because I figured it was hard enough getting students to the game that I didn't want to add on another that they'd have to go to.

But I'm no longer an undergrad after May, meaning I can't be officially in charge of the group (in terms of Student Association group status) after then. So we are going to need someone to "take over." You seem pretty interested???? ;)

Fan groups usually spread like a disease. As long as you look organized (have signs at every game, wear yellow t-shirts), people want to become a part of it. The basketball program has already done their part - they are winning games. Now, it is up to the students and athletic dept administration to capitalize on the concept.

If you watched the West Virginia game on ESPN last night, you saw a sea of gold on the student side of the arena. A pretty cool site and an intimidating one for the visitors.