UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Racc Rowdies

Can someone give us a RACC Rowdy update? Please answer the following questions for me:

1) Have new shirts been ordered for this final stretch of home games?

2) What kind of outreach has been done to recruit new members?

3) Does the athletic dept supply pizza like they have in the past? I am pretty sure members of the pep band get fed before each game.

4) Where is the flag????? We need a new one ASAP!!!! We should have a flag, but need a new pole. How hard is it to replace???

To be honest, I really think the RACC Rowdy concept has fallen off the face of the earth for whatever home games we have had thus far. I realize most of our home games students have been on break.

Speaking of attendance, besides the BPG, it would be nice to get 3,000+ for UNH, UMBC or Stony Brook. I think we can expect it for Vermont (heck, 500 will probably drive down from Burlington).

How do I become a part of the Racc Rowdies and where can i get one of those shirts?

11264[/snapback]

Get 20 friends...and we'll tell ya'! Just kidding...well, not about getting 20 friends to the games, but I am sure the men behind the rowdies will be getting in contact with you shortly.

PM GreatDane84 or GoDanesGo....

'08, joining is pretty easy. Basically you can send me your email and, most importantly, sit on the far end of the RACC under the hoop (by the other team's bench) with the rest of the RACC Rowdies and poof!..you're a RACC Rowdy. :) You can email raccrowdies@hotmail.com to get on the list.

I haven't made second round of t-shirt orders, but hopefully I can get some by the BPG if not in time for a big close out with the final regular season home game against UVM.

The Athletic Dept. hasn't had pizza for a game for us this year yet, but I would assume that it would only be a phone call/email away.

Over the summer we recruited the new frosh during Orientation a TON..with me as the mascot handing out about 2,000 mini flyers with RACC Rowdies info and the football schedule. From there, it's mainly relied on word of mouth, but the email list has been growing. It's kinda tough, including being able to get a lot of t-shirts, because since we are a brand new group, our budget isn't exactly something eye-popping. We actually got nearly double what a new group usually gets.

I'm not surprised at all that a RACC Rowdies turn-out has been low because, well, the student turn-out obviously has been low with it being break and there being really only 1 home game (Sacred Heart) when the students were in regular session. For Harvard and Bingo, students were either gone or concentrating on finishing their last final. Hopefully the long win streak and first place AE standing will peak their interest when they get back this week.

Either way, I've had my Rowdies t-shirt on every single game!!

they should get rid of those 20 dollar seats on the court and make that part of the student section  - UAlbany09

after bagging the courtside seats and the revenue they generate, scratch the hall of fame room and turn it into a student lounge, bump wyland and tobbin (they're taking up center court seating), and swap the sponsor billboards for works from the art dept. ... $$$$, you've got to have some coming in ... just some friendly banter to welcome you aboard UA09 ... go Danes ;)

they should get rid of those 20 dollar seats on the court and make that part of the student section  - UAlbany09

after bagging the courtside seats and the revenue they generate, scratch the hall of fame room and turn it into a student lounge, bump wyland and tobbin (they're taking up center court seating), and swap the sponsor billboards for works from the art dept. ... $$$$, you've got to have some coming in ... just some friendly banter to welcome you aboard UA09 ... go Danes ;)

11284[/snapback]

I don't think they should go that far. I just think if you put the students on the court near the center, maybe you generate some more interest for the students. It could be a good time being so close to the action, and maybe students will start to look forward to having a chance to rattle the opposing team because they'd be right in their faces as they run by. I know that the 20 dollar seats generate good money, but I think giving that area to the students would be a nice gesture. Give them a chance to make that area a killer student section, and if they don't, go back to the 20 dollar seats.

I' m with Alum72.  Fill in the area by the visitor's bench.  That would be a killer student section.

11292[/snapback]

That will only happen when Albany puts some banners up in the RACC. Now I go to games when I'm not doing anything, so that's not a problem with me. But here's my idea. This is sort of like the trickle down effect. Make more alumni donations from your lucrative incomes that your SUNY Albany degrees provided you, which leads to better facilities, which gives talented recruits good impressions, therefore leading them to sign with Albany, and inevitably causing Albany to go to the NCAA tournament year after year after year creating a TV deal with someone better then TWCrap. Next thing you know, the RACC is being sold out every game and it's the hottest sports ticket in town (like Fenway). People begin scalping tickets for 100-200 dollars outside. Next thing you know, you're in the Pepsi Arena with the Saints a long forgotten memory or you're in a brand new 10,000 seat Arena near the downtown campus, causing the property values to sky rocket which means a massive restoration to that area eliminating the ghetto and consequently all the attacks that UAlbany students on the downtown campus take. It's a win win situation folks.

I' m with Alum72.  Fill in the area by the visitor's bench.  That would be a killer student section.

11292[/snapback]

That will only happen when Albany puts some banners up in the RACC. Now I go to games when I'm not doing anything, so that's not a problem with me. But here's my idea. This is sort of like the trickle down effect. Make more alumni donations from your lucrative incomes that your SUNY Albany degrees provided you, which leads to better facilities, which gives talented recruits good impressions, therefore leading them to sign with Albany, and inevitably causing Albany to go to the NCAA tournament year after year after year creating a TV deal with someone better then TWCrap. Next thing you know, the RACC is being sold out every game and it's the hottest sports ticket in town (like Fenway). People begin scalping tickets for 100-200 dollars outside. Next thing you know, you're in the Pepsi Arena with the Saints a long forgotten memory or you're in a brand new 10,000 seat Arena near the downtown campus, causing the property values to sky rocket which means a massive restoration to that area eliminating the ghetto and consequently all the attacks that UAlbany students on the downtown campus take. It's a win win situation folks.

11324[/snapback]

I think '09 was being a little light-hearted here. I caught the sense of humor '09, don't worry. :)