UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UNH Game

UAlbany needs to win this game tonight. Beating UNH will mean that UAlbany has beat everyone in the conference this year. It would also be the first time UAlbany has beat every other team in the league since we joined it.

This team needs to know that it can beat anyone in the AE as it goes to Binghamton next week, and hopefully return to Albany the following weekend.

We also need to let Blagoj and Herrion know that we are a force to be reckoned with. Let's just hope (difficult, as it may be) that the refs call this game consistently.

Go, Danes!

olddog,

I completelly agree, perosonally I just want to win the rest of the way so we can get the possibly the 15th seed in the dance. Not to mention the reason you pointed out, so our guys can have confidence that we can beat everyone in our confrence. Also, it would only reinforce the point that the road to the Confrence Championship goes through Albnay.

Go Danes!!!!!

Not that I expected him to get big minutes for some reason, but I was surprised that Jimmie didn't play a single minute. Was it just Brown's decision or is it something physical? Also a bit surprised Jon didn't get more than a few seconds of playing time. With us just not playing that well in the game, maybe I figured Brown would try to switch it up at least some, especially in the first half. But hey, I'm not the Coach and Brown has the Danes sitting pretty with a 13-3 AE record..so maybe I'll just keep my thoughts to myself..lol.

I think we all saw this loss coming. NH has our number. But if my calculations are correct, If BU beats Hartford Sunday and Vermont beats Binghamton (NH is 8-8, BU and Hart would be 9-7, Vermont 8-8 but beat NH twice), NH is then a six seed and less likely to face us in another game unless they roll thru and get to the championship game.

Do you think Jimmie's propensity for fouls had anything to do with Coach Brown's decision not to play him? (Connelly had no fouls in the same time Jimmie would have had two).

As of today Jimmie is averaging 8.37 fouls per 40 minutes.

Of course, Connelly's average is still scary, at 5.37, but he is improving.

I'm no expert but I don't think it was the type of game for Covington. The bigs for UNH can both shoot from outside and that's a tough matchup for Jimmie as it was for Zoeller.

In the four games I can recall this team has struggled with teams that have big guys that shoot from the outside.

In the four games I can recall this team has struggled with teams that have big guys that shoot from the outside.

Great point - I think this is the match up problem that Brown was referencing. I agree that this is probably why Connelly got the minutes. Covington seems to be a good low post player - I think Connelly might be better guarding players on the perimeter.

I think a great illustration of this was in the VCU game where their 6'6"center dribbled the ball almost to midcourt and Zoellner followed him out there until Jamar waved his hand and had Zoellner go back to the paint but it was too late as they made a pass to the low post and made a lay up.

On the bright side if you know what your weakness is you should be able to fix it. I'm sure the coaching staff is well aware and will have a remedy before the tournament.

Tough for Zo if his guy can shoot because he has to go out and guard him. Then his man can drive by him. Caterina did both of things a few times last night. One of these games when the other team is without a true center I'd like to see Zo have a big game offensively and punish them for it.