UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UCONN

YEAH BUT ITS IN PHILLY!!!!!!!

12880[/snapback]

I need 1 ticket......the one that gets me in the building.

Already have my flight booked...just did it on Orbitz.

Sarge...how come I didnt meet you yesterday?!

Uconn is the one team I didnt want UA to draw. They are going to be fired up after getting beat by Syracuse early in the Big East tourney. Lets just hope they laugh and try to look past us.

But yeah seeing Albany on national tv twice in one season is a gift enough! Bring on the Huskies! This has been a season of firsts, why not be the first 16 seed to upset a 1 seed?

LETS GO DANES!

Any inside info or rumors as to how the University's tickets will be given out?

12886[/snapback]

Probably to longstanding season ticket holders and BIG TIME donors. Hence, most of us (including myself) probably do not qualify. But, to build the program these are the necessary problems that arise.

No matter what, we should be proud of the team, coaches, and the way the school has handled themselves in putting on a FANTASTIC show the last two weeks.

12886[/snapback]

Probably to longstanding season ticket holders and BIG TIME donors. Hence, most of us (including myself) probably do not qualify. But, to build the program these are the necessary problems that arise.

No matter what, we should be proud of the team, coaches, and the way the school has handled themselves in putting on a FANTASTIC show the last two weeks.

12887[/snapback]

7 or 8 year ticket holder. Small time donor.

I hope some weight is put on the tenure of season tickets.

The thing we can be sure of is that Albany is going to be loose. They have absolutely nothing to lose, so Im sure it will be an interesting game regardless of the outcome. This will be a springboard for recruiting (which is already reaching nice levels) and a chance to really get UA on the map. Btw...its nice to not see Albany (NY) on the bottom line anymore...just kind of a funny way to see how far we've come. Haha

12886[/snapback]

12887[/snapback]

7 or 8 year ticket holder. Small time donor.

I hope some weight is put on the tenure of season tickets.

12888[/snapback]

LOL...small time donor...no season tickets yet (tough when you live in Boston). I have, however, decided to purchase seasons for next year and have UA donate the games I cannot attend (e.g. weekday games).

I will get into that building somehow, however I dont have the moxy anymore to "scam" my way in. Oh yes, those were the days. I convinced a ticket person I was UF recruit back in the year they played BC in the regional final in Miami. Helped that I had the team's tutor with me...so I knew what I was talking about. Funny part of the story came after the game. We were in Bryan Thompson's room, chowing on Pizza, while Da Meat Hook (Dimitri Hill) pummelled me in Sega Basketball.

Lon Kruger opens the door to tell them about meeting times and curfew stuff and goes "who the heck are you." The guys tell him my story, he laughs and goes "BE AT THE BOX OFFICE TOMM...you got yourself two tickets." I got to see not just two games...but the Regional final as well.

Moral of the story: TO the UA Students, my message is get your butts down to Philly. Great college town, great bracket (UCONN AND 'NOVA will bring a ton of fans), and, if you do it right...you may have a great story like I have. Scalping is more than possible (wait until after the first game starts BEFORE you purchase.) Even if you cannot get in......you will have the time of your life.

If I cannot get a ticket through school...I will look to scalping myself. If I cant get in I will find some local bar and befriend 'Nova fans. You know they WILL ROOT FOR US because of their hatred for the Huskies.

I think UCONN was the best draw we could have had. I know your all saying I must be an idiot. However Villanova, Memphis, and Duke to an extent with J.J, there main focus is strong guard play. If we played them it would have been like playing UNH only 100 times harder. The best player for UCONN is Rudy Gay who is a 6'9 foward. If Brent and Zoe can play amazing defense and limit the front court game then we might have a chance with our guards.

I find it intresting two out of the three teams to beat UCONN this year Cuse and Nova, had amazing guard play. If we played the way we played on Saturday with Jamar, Jordan, Iati, Siggers, Lillis and Levine all contributing from beyond the arc we might have a chance. Now I know I have left out alot about UCONN there guards could probably beat us by themselves. But I think it is possible that we could be the first 16 seed to ever beat a number one. Hey someone has to do it eventually no one thought a 2 could defeat a 15.

Dane96

My wife has been sick since before the tourny in BINGO, lost her voice but got out of bed to go to game. Had to get her home right away, she still can't talk but we will be in Philly no matter what.

Still no word on if the game will be in the early or late session.

Dane96

My wife has been sick since before the tourny in BINGO, lost her voice but got out of bed to go to game. Had to get her home right away, she still can't talk but we will be in Philly no matter what.

Still no word on if the game will be in the early or late session.

12894[/snapback]

NOW THAT IS A WOMAN WHO BLEEDS PURPLE (the fact she even went to the game!!!!).

GET BETTER SOON MRS. SARGE!