UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UCONN

I think UCONN was the best draw we could have had.  I know your all saying I must be an idiot.  However Villanova, Memphis, and Duke to an extent with J.J, there main focus is strong guard play.  If we played them it would have been like playing UNH only 100 times harder.  The best player for UCONN is Rudy Gay who is a 6'9 foward.  If Brent and Zoe can play amazing defense and limit the front court game then we might have a chance with our guards.   

I find it intresting two out of the three teams to beat UCONN this year Cuse and Nova, had amazing guard play.   If we played the way we played on Saturday with Jamar, Jordan, Iati, Siggers, Lillis and Levine all contributing from beyond the arc we might have a chance.   Now I know I have left out alot about UCONN there guards could probably beat us by themselves.  But I think it is possible that we could be the first 16 seed to ever beat a number one.  Hey someone has to do it eventually no one thought a 2 could defeat a 15.

12893[/snapback]

You are not an idiot, but your analysis lacks punch. UConn has one of the best freshman in the country, one of the best point guards in the country, and arguably a Top 3 front line in the country.

THIS IS A VERY BAD MATCH UP.

Brown, Williams, Armstrong, Gay, Boone....Anderson coming off the bench. ARE YOU JOKING ME?

I just edited to add this: ALL OF THOSE GUYS ABOVE WILL BE NBA players.

That being said....I think we can make a little run on them. I also think it will help the players for NEXT YEARS game at UCONN!

Edited by Dane96

I agree.

A big athletic front line. As tough as it gets.

The only thing worse would be Duke. I say that not for matchup reasons but because they always blow out their first round opponent. Two years ago UVM hung with UConn for a little more than a half in Buffalo

Thank you for not calling me an idiot D96 but, which one seed would you have perfered?

12899[/snapback]

Villanova or Memphis. Memphis would have allowed us to go to a region where people can learn our name. 'Nova's guards we can handle. Our big men would not have been overmatched. In essence, i would rather take a Guard vs. Guard match up then an athletic big man match up. For example, UCLA is an athletic squad, same as VCU, but not athletically gifted up front (some players are). We match up well versus those type of squads.

Hey, i am not saying we cant win (because the sun does shine on a Dane's butt once in a while) but I think the matchup itself could have (and deserved to be) better.

I am not convinced BELMONT is a strong 15. And dont get me started with a 13 seed Air Force.

Want 'em to learn Albany's name? If UAB beats Kentucky in the 8-9 matchup, our second round is Albany vs. UAB's interim athletic director, Rich Margison (Albany '69, our all-time per-game scoring leader)

12905[/snapback]

Wow...I forgot about Margy going down there. THAT WOULD BE SICK!

Want 'em to learn Albany's name? If UAB beats Kentucky in the 8-9 matchup, our second round is Albany vs. UAB's interim athletic director, Rich Margison (Albany '69, our all-time per-game scoring leader)

12905[/snapback]

Wow...I forgot about Margy going down there. THAT WOULD BE SICK!

12907[/snapback]

After the entire ESPN crew picked UCONN to win it all, Donkey V says (in your worst DV voice), "Hey, Jimmy Calhoun, you know what that means? A first-round loss." Maybe he's smarter than I thought!

To see Winthrop get a first-round matchup v. Tennessee (a 15 v. 2) then us get UConn definitely hurts.

12905[/snapback]

This is why I read this board. For stuff like this. Thanks 72.

I think UCONN was the best draw we could have had.  I know your all saying I must be an idiot.  However Villanova, Memphis, and Duke to an extent with J.J, there main focus is strong guard play.  If we played them it would have been like playing UNH only 100 times harder.  The best player for UCONN is Rudy Gay who is a 6'9 foward.  If Brent and Zoe can play amazing defense and limit the front court game then we might have a chance with our guards.   

12893[/snapback]

Reading this I started having visions of the refs calling fouls on Zoe and Brent. With that said I think Covington will need to play a lot and throw his body around. I can see Jimmie fouling out before half time. :huh: