UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach on Murph

Coach is on Murph, he said that he was on the phone right after the game calling some kids (recruits) and that they have allot of kids in the mix for that last scholarship. It sure looks like they will be using that last scholarship this year.

When asked the question, when will we hear word of a new contract. He stated that hopefully something will be completed within the next week. Will stated that he will be gone over the next few days on the recruiting trail. I bet we hear something beggining of next week.

Edited by bosiydid

My guess is:

1. Getting $ to pay Brown's new salary (assuming deal gets done)?

2. Fund a few football scholarships?

13366[/snapback]

It was my understanding football scholarships have already been provided for. That being said, the number of scholarships may be going up. Who knows?!

Well they have already set UConn and VCU (at home). I would think they gonna try for a tournament in their (maybe preseason NIT).

I think the days of Long Island, Lehigh, Sacred Heart and Army are done with.

OH.... Coach also stated that next year's out of confrence schedule is going to be brutal!  Can anyone explain to me in a paragraph how the whole scheduling thing works.  And why money is in the scheduling picture?

13365[/snapback]

Basically, teams that draw 15-20,000 fans will pay maybe $20-$40,000 for an opponent that's a likely win without hurting their RPI, and without requiring a return game. They get to play almost all their non-conference games at home, and the lesser team makes more money than they could by drawing 1,100 fans at home against somebody else. (Compare Syracuse or North Carolina vs. Boston U. or Albany last year). Smaller schools often need these games to help balance their budgets.

Well they have already set UConn and VCU (at home). I would think they gonna try for a tournament in their (maybe preseason NIT).

13368[/snapback]

And didn't we hear that they're working on adding in the University of Utah during the return trip to UVS?

And this year's schedule ended up packing some punch. Faced 3 teams with top 15 RPI (UConn #3, UCLA #9, Florida #15) and those teams are all in the top 10 with Pomeroy's ranking (UConn #2, Florida #3, and UCLA #9). All are also in the Sweet 16.

13368[/snapback]

And didn't we hear that they're working on adding in the University of Utah during the return trip to UVS?

And this year's schedule ended up packing some punch. Faced 3 teams with top 15 RPI (UConn #3, UCLA #9, Florida #15) and those teams are all in the top 10 with Pomeroy's ranking (UConn #2, Florida #3, and UCLA #9). All are also in the Sweet 16.

13371[/snapback]

My guess is we will also be a bracketbuster team as well.

So what you are saying is that money exchanges hands when a team like UCONN plays UA.  Since UCONN thinks it will be a win, and the only teams RPI that will be hurt is the losing team.

13373[/snapback]

Money definitely changes hands. Sometimes travel expenses too. There's a thread on the Siena board about a scandal with a middleman taking a cut of the money. Iona's one of the schools accused.

The losing team's RPI probably goes up too, because they're playing a much stronger team than they'd likely play otherwise. RPI depends more on who you play than on your own record.

This is the exact reason why Georgetown was dropped from our schedule during last season. When the preliminary schedule came out Georgetown was on it, however before it was finalized the University received a higher monetary offer so Georgetown was removed. Not sure exactly who replaced them as my memory fails me now, but I know it was because we got more money from another team.

Your right with that sched:

Some high profile preseason tournament

UConn

VCU

and a bracket buster game

I tell you the team i want them to play: HOFSTRA...i think that would be a great game to watch. The hype around that, since alot of UAlbany students know about Hofstra being from LI...

I'd look into Buffalo also