UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown with Vandenburgh

I heard Vandenburgh say that Coach Brown would be on his show tomorrow. I guess this comes under the heading of any publicity being good publicity. Vandenburgh generally trashes the University, and from his few comments this morning, he is going to try to get Coach to say something negative about Lee McElroy. I know Coach Brown can handle himself.

I hope someone who listens tomorrow can post the tenor of the interview. I have a business obligation which will probably prohibit me from listening.

GODANESGO ... 590 AM WROW ... Paul Vandenburgh 6am-10am

13631[/snapback]

Thanks for the info '92...anyone familiar with the show know what time during those 4 hours he might be most likely to have Coach Brown on?

13632[/snapback]

Have not found the info yet. But I am told guest generally don't go on real early. I'll put the show on when I wake up at 7 tomorrow morning and if they give the time before I head to work at 8 I'll post it.

Edited by bob87

GODANESGO ... 590 AM WROW ... Paul Vandenburgh 6am-10am

13631[/snapback]

Thanks for the info '92...anyone familiar with the show know what time during those 4 hours he might be most likely to have Coach Brown on?

13632[/snapback]

He has been cancelled until next week.

Vandenburgh was moaning this morning that Will Brown "stiffed" him. He then went on to say that they still had to get Will on because he had some important questions to ask him. He then revealed his important questions: Why does your AD hate you so much? and, How did you manage to blow a 12 point lead?

Vandenburgh was moaning this morning that Will Brown "stiffed" him.  He then went on to say that they still had to get Will on because he had some important questions to ask him.  He then revealed his important questions:  Why does your AD hate you so much? and, How did you manage to blow a 12 point lead?

13764[/snapback]

Pardon me for being out of the area for the last 8 years, but who is this d#&k Vanden"puke"?!

What's the show he hosts?

Vandenburgh is the Program Directior at WROW AM590 and hosts the morning drive time (6 AM to 10 AM Mon-Thur and 6 AM to 9 AM Fri) talk show. He is a Siena grad and his politics are hard right. While I personally disagree with about 95% of his positions, his is the only show that covers local topics and politics.

Having listened to him for many years, I could almost guarantee that as soon as Will is off the air, no matter how well he comes across, Vandenburgh will complain about a taxpayer funded public institution spending so much on a coach's salary.

U know what I think Brown is being the bigger man by not talking with this A-hole. Anyone who would ask those type of questions dosn't deserve our time. Besides who listens to 590 am? There is probably a reason why this guy is on the end of the radio dial.

Perhaps some of these shows are worthwhile but the times I've listened they have not been worth the effort to turn on the radio.

Instead of asking question I'd really like to know about recruiting, how people roles are going to change next year, scheduling the radio guys generally just try to play verbal gotcha with the coach and get him to try and say something controversial. I realize the exposure is worthwhile but from my perspecitve the Q+A sessions Brown has done with the fans have been far more informative.

• 2 weeks later...

About - face.

I heard Vandenburgh on with Mayor Jennings this morning. Vandenburgh mentioned he had lunch with Lee McElroy this week and found McElroy to be one of the hidden gems of the region. Vandenburgh said that he came to the lunch only knowing 2 things about McElroy, one that he heard an interview once where McElroy was evasive and two, that he never saw McElroy smile and he came away from the lunch wanting McElroy to adopt him - to which Mayor Jennings replied "Paul, he's far to smart to do that" Vandenburgh and the Mayor then each added that McElroy has been able to lead an athletics department which recruits athletes who are good academically and of good character. A very positive 5 or so minutes of radio.