UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Miles Webb

This from a midwest newspaper column about Miles Webb. A 6'3 shooting guard who originally went to Minnesota. Column

"The season is over for the North Dakota State College of Science men’s basketball team, but the Wildcats’ six sophomores are still looking to prove themselves.

Each of the players has received interest from four-year colleges, with Miles Webb, Raed Mostafa and Jessie Burton looking to make the leap to NCAA Division I.

So far, only 6-foot-10 forward Thomas Dryburgh has verbally committed – to Division II University of North Dakota. Dryburgh joins former Wildcats teammate Mark Kruse, who will transfer from D-I Illinois State next year.

As for the others, the former Minnesota recruit Webb is scheduled to visit UC-Irvine during the first week of April. Albany has inquired about bringing in the speedy guard, and Colorado State is also in the mix, NDSCS head coach Craig Irwin said.

“He’s a good young man and he deserves another chance,” Irwin said of Webb. “He’s hungry and I hope he gets into a good situation.”

Webb committed to the Gophers early and played sparingly during his only season in Minneapolis. He averaged 18.5 points and five rebounds per game this year for NDSCS."

Profile from Minnesota

Edited by Dane Pound

This from a midwest newspaper column about Miles Webb. A 6'3 shooting guard who originally went to Minnesota. Column

"The season is over for the North Dakota State College of Science men’s basketball team, but the Wildcats’ six sophomores are still looking to prove themselves.

Each of the players has received interest from four-year colleges, with Miles Webb, Raed Mostafa and Jessie Burton looking to make the leap to NCAA Division I.

So far, only 6-foot-10 forward Thomas Dryburgh has verbally committed – to Division II University of North Dakota. Dryburgh joins former Wildcats teammate Mark Kruse, who will transfer from D-I Illinois State next year.

As for the others, the former Minnesota recruit Webb is scheduled to visit UC-Irvine during the first week of April. Albany has inquired about bringing in the speedy guard, and Colorado State is also in the mix, NDSCS head coach Craig Irwin said.

“He’s a good young man and he deserves another chance,” Irwin said of Webb. “He’s hungry and I hope he gets into a good situation.”

Webb committed to the Gophers early and played sparingly during his only season in Minneapolis. He averaged 18.5 points and five rebounds per game this year for NDSCS."

Profile from Minnesota

13682[/snapback]

Wow...ok....guy sounds solid...my only question is...where would he fit in the rotation. Actually, he WOULD be in the rotation...just who would be OUT....that is the question.

That being said....I would take him in a flash. Sounds like the type of guy we need to break down defenses.

I wouldn't mind bringing this guy in. Seems like he would continue to improve the teams overall talent and athletic ability. Scout had him rated as a 3 star recruit coming out of high school. I could see him getting some of Jordan's minutes now that he is gone (25 mpg last year).

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=447910

My theory...

The point guard position on 06/07 looks a lot like it did in 05/06. (a combination of Jamar, Lillis and Iati).

A guy like this or Knight is red shirted next year. Practices with the team for the entire season and then with a year under their belt, picks-up a large chunk of Jamar's minutes in 07/08 and 08/09. This keep's experience at the point guard position for at least three more years instead of two.

My theory...

The point guard position on 06/07 looks a lot like it did in 05/06. (a combination of Jamar, Lillis and Iati).

A guy like this or Knight is red shirted next year.  Practices with the team for the entire season and then with a year under their belt,  picks-up a large chunk of Jamar's minutes in 07/08 and 08/09.  This keep's experience at the point guard position for at least three more years instead of two.

13695[/snapback]

I’m intrigued. Would he be coming in as a junior or sophomore?

Does he mean another chance at Division I, because he didn't play much or have a fair shot at Minn., or was there something else going on? Anyone know why he left the Gophers? just playing time?

Does he mean another chance at Division I, because he didn't play much or have a fair shot at Minn., or was there something else going on? Anyone know why he left the Gophers? just playing time?

13697[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing when I read it. I think (hope) it means another shot at Division I. With everything the coaching staff has done over the past few years there's no reason they would take on someone with a reputation. Another story (Redemption) I found on him talked about how there was a logjam in the backcourt at Minnesota when he was there.

I'm guessing as a transfer he'd come in as a junior. It actually would set up pretty well for having senior guards for two seasons in a row. Jamar and Jason Siggers next year and then Iati, Lillis, Knight and maybe Webb the next year. You could bring in some freshman guards that year without having to rely on them heavily until they were sophs.

If he's as good as he looks on paper can you imagine him in the mix with the backcourt players there already?

Edited by Dane Pound

13697[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing when I read it. I think (hope) it means another shot at Division I. With everything the coaching staff has done over the past few years there's no reason they would take on someone with a reputation. Another story (Redemption) I found on him talked about how there was a logjam in the backcourt at Minnesota when he was there.

I'm guessing as a transfer he'd come in as a junior. It actually would set up pretty well for having senior guards for two seasons in a row. Jamar and Jason Siggers next year and then Iati, Lillis, Knight and maybe Webb the next year. You could bring in some freshman guards that year without having to rely on them heavily until they were sophs.

If he's as good as he looks on paper can you imagine him in the mix with the backcourt players there already?

13698[/snapback]

i just googled his name and found this-- kind of interesting. nothing but good things:

miles webb

My theory...

A guy like this or Knight is red shirted next year.  Practices with the team for the entire season and then with a year under their belt,  picks-up a large chunk of Jamar's minutes in 07/08 and 08/09.  This keep's experience at the point guard position for at least three more years instead of two.

13695[/snapback]

I’m intrigued. Would he be coming in as a junior or sophomore?

13696[/snapback]

By no means am I an expert but reading the article on Knight it says that he has 3 years to play 2. I am assuming Webb would be in exactly the same situation.

Pefect! Just what we need to make this an outstanding class of recruits. Although Colorado St might be tough to beat it sure would be nice.

A 6'3" guard with college playing experience will help. More for 07-08 than this coming year but it will give him a year in the system.

Since the late signing period is almost upon us. What two positions do you think coach will concentrate on filling with our last scholarship? I think first and foremost he goes hard after a freshman PG and if he can’t land quality there he goes after a 6’6” or better SF. In my opinion those are two spots where we are the thinnest at after this season.

It's refreshing to see a post that's not a reaction to some drivel on the Siena board.

I see Lillis and Iati at the point for the next two years. My guess would be another PG could wait until the next recruiting class unless a good one comes up. I agree we could use a SF or combo SG and forward with the last recruit. Hopefully a big-time scorer as we will be losing a lot of firepower after next year.