UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

If you didn't know TU sucked A$$...

Now we get to read a two page article, on how Haddix is planning to put down the burgers and bacon bits. Someone please remind me of why we should fear this guy. The guy avaraged 15 and 9 in his best season.....and his sticks are always broken. :blink: Not to mention he is 6'6" and waighs like Shaq.

Edited by bosiydid

As per the Siena stats he is 6'6" and weighs 253.

03-04 Season - 28 games - 15.6ppg and 9.0rpg

04-05 Season - 12 games - 14.9ppg and 6.4rpg

05-05 Season - Red shirt due to an achillies injury

He had a huge game against us in 2004 grabbing 7 offensive boards. But I think this year we have the bigs to keep him off the glass. Remember a 6'6" guy at that weight can't have much vertical leap, I have to give the advantage to our big men this go around. If he is their biggest weapon then I think we should be in good shape heading into the game.

It's April and the Siena game is still more than 7 months away yet we are already disucssing it....this thing could get ugly!!!

He had a huge game against us in 2004 grabbing 7 offensive boards.  But I think this year we have the bigs to keep him off the glass.  Remember a 6'6" guy at that weight can't have much vertical leap, I have to give the advantage to our big men this go around.  If he is their biggest weapon then I think we should be in good shape heading into the game.

It's April and the Siena game is still more than 7 months away yet we are already disucssing it....this thing could get ugly!!!

13804[/snapback]

bosiydid are you related to MTS? You guys sound an awful lot alike. I think we should put the two of you in a steel cage before next season’s game and have a death match between the two of you ;-)

As for Haddix, If David West ( Xavier all American) and Ryan Gomes ( Providence All American) couldn’t stop him, I highly doubt Albany’s bigs will stop him. The goal with Haddix is to contain him; you’re not going to stop him period

The game is 7 months away. In a rivalry game anything can happen, but make no mistake about Siena will be favored in this game, perhaps by as many as 7 to 10 points. Albany can win the game, but they will have their hands full. Albany has a few question marks, you lose 3 pretty solid players in Jordan, ( my favorite Dane in Levine) and Zolener. Siena returns 4 double digit scorers and add a ALL MAAC center in Haddix, we also have the top rated incoming class in the MAAC, highlighted by top 100 ( per hoopscoop) recruit Edwin Ubiles I fully expect Siena to be a top 100 team next season, so if Albany wins it will be a good win for you guys

Fire away boys ;-)

Hey Tony how about approving my login over on your board so I can chime in over there too, give you guys some more targets.

As for the difference between stop/contain I think we would simply be arguing logistics...so I propose this question, and this is based soley on the play of players that we know, we all know that defense wins championships but who are you going to use to stop Jamar? You could try a zone and that might "contain" him because you can't stop him, but then you leave the window open for Iati to fire the 3, ala what he did against UCLA (yes I know its a loss).

Also we don't know what we will really get from the big men, and to be completely honest coming off two injury plagues seasons you can't really know what to expect from Haddix...the big men play could be the wild card.

Sorry I was distracted while I was posting, and my last post completely disregards the play of Lillis, Siggers, B. Wilson among others. Our team is exteremely talented and although we only lasted about 30 mintues against UConn it is hard to say that Siena is of that level so I would assume that we could last a full 40 against the 'aints.

He had a huge game against us in 2004 grabbing 7 offensive boards.  But I think this year we have the bigs to keep him off the glass.  Remember a 6'6" guy at that weight can't have much vertical leap, I have to give the advantage to our big men this go around.  If he is their biggest weapon then I think we should be in good shape heading into the game.

13804[/snapback]

bosiydid are you related to MTS? You guys sound an awful lot alike. I think we should put the two of you in a steel cage before next season’s game and have a death match between the two of you ;-)

As for Haddix, If David West ( Xavier all American) and Ryan Gomes ( Providence All American) couldn’t stop him, I highly doubt Albany’s bigs will stop him. The goal with Haddix is to contain him; you’re not going to stop him period

The game is 7 months away. In a rivalry game anything can happen, but make no mistake about Siena will be favored in this game, perhaps by as many as 7 to 10 points. Albany can win the game, but they will have their hands full. Albany has a few question marks, you lose 3 pretty solid players in Jordan, ( my favorite Dane in Levine) and Zolener. Siena returns 4 double digit scorers and add a ALL MAAC center in Haddix, we also have the top rated incoming class in the MAAC, highlighted by top 100 ( per hoopscoop) recruit Edwin Ubiles I fully expect Siena to be a top 100 team next season, so if Albany wins it will be a good win for you guys

Fire away boys ;-)

13812[/snapback]

Tony,

First of all I want you to know that I thought you had more class then you showed over the last day or so. I didn’t appreciate you personally attacking me and completely disrespecting me in the childish manner that you did. But, enough of me reading you the riot act, you are a big boy and you either have class or you don’t. Obviously you don’t.

As far as me being related to MTS…. I have no idea who he is, since I’ve only seen him a few times on your board. So can’t really comment on that point of your post. Evidently I’m now related to Soup and MTS, we are actually triplets separated at birth.

As far as your comments about your team next season, that’s fine and dandy. But you make no mention of what we have coming back and also what we have coming in. I attribute that to your lack of knowledge and complete and utter ignorance of UA and our roster. If you really want to have this discussion go read up on what we have coming in and then we can have this discussion. Haddix by all account should be a fairly strong player for you that is if his sticks hold up. On the other hand there isn’t a single player on your team that can stop Jamar so as far as I’m concern he is more then capable to neutralize Haddix. So this game will probably come down to the rest of the roster, and I personally think ours is stronger. I think you guys complete lucked on in winning last seasons game as there was obviously a foul at the end of the game where Jamar got knocked to the floor as the clock expired. Taking the game into OT. Keep that in mind before you talk about how dominating you were and how we are gona be your “bitches”

13804[/snapback]

Fire away boys ;-)

13812[/snapback]

Now that's just a pointless post. Instead of playing the "what the Aints gain and what the Danes lose" game, why don't you actually give a half attempted analysis.

Let me give you the exact opposite so you can see how (give me another word for dumb so that I don't get accused of name calling or throwing out insults..lol) your post was....

Siena loses by far their best and most consistent player in their leading point scorer, leading rebounder, and second leading assist guy. The Danes get all that back (Jamar for points and rebounds..Lillis as the second in assists) while adding much overall size, a 3 star recruit who was offered by schools in conferences better than the all-powerful MAAC, along with a proven JUCO scorer.

You think Siena will be favored by 10??? You and I know that's just a joke. The line will only be a couple points either way...favoring who is even a toss up at this point. And that's even assuming blogger Haddy can lay off the bacon cheeseburgers for long enough before the game to actually jump with his 6'6" 260lb frame.

Can't wait til November. :D

Guys,

Do you think it’s even worth mentioning that our starting center will probably be Gifford and he’s gona tower over Haddix, Probably by a solid 5 or so inches. Tony, since I know you have no idea who he is. He was recruited by teams with the RPI in the 50’s. Coach Brown has also called him one of the most important if not the most important recruit since Jamar. I know he is somewhat of an unproven commodity but what makes you think that Haddix is gona dominate him. Haddix by all accounts is a great player, but in my opinion you have as many if not more question marks at center then we do. At least we know our starting center is healthy.

Guys,

Do you think it’s even worth mentioning that our starting center will probably be Gifford and he’s gona tower over Haddix, Probably by a solid 5 or so inches.  Tony, since I know you have no idea who he is. He was recruited by teams with the RPI in the 50’s.  Coach Brown has also called him one of the most important if not the most important recruit since Jamar. I know he is somewhat of an unproven commodity but what makes you think that Haddix is gona dominate him.  Haddix by all accounts is a great player, but in my opinion you have as many if not more question marks at center then we do.  At least we know our starting center is healthy.

13818[/snapback]

Bosiydid, you are like MTS, don't get so mad, it was on the smack board where I busted your stones, not the main board... didn't you read the board, not for the faint of heart ;-)

As for the game lets see:

Lets see Albany loses 87 min( out of 225) from that game, 22 of your 47 rebounds, 42 of your 74 points, and yet you still think Albany will be as good? As for Siena you guys have a very short memory, Kojo Mensah was by far the best player on the floor that day, Albany had no answer for him. Unless you recruited a athletic point guard you’re gonna have the same problem

Jamar Wilson is a great player and all Siena can hope for is to contain him similar to last year where Jamar got his 20 points but had to take 21 shots to get his points. Siena will miss Scoop Jordan for sure, but we have everyone back but him from that team that BEAT you last year. Add a better rebounder and a sorely needed big man in Haddix. And Siena has the makings of a very solid ball club. If you can’t see that then you don’t know much about college basketball

Albany has a lot of question marks next season, you don’t lose 3 players the caliber of Jordan , Zoelner and Levine and not skip a beat. I don’t think Albany will fall off the face of the map, after all any team that has Jamar is a threat to win but in all likely hood Albany will not be as good as last year (although it is possible you are) I can’t see you any better though

Siena will much.. much better than last year. If you think not ask your coach he’ll tell you. And again I’m not saying Albany can’t win, only that Siena will deservedly be favored in the game. Jamar is as good as its gets at the AE level, after that I’m not overly impressed with Albany’s talent. That’s not meant as a knock, as most of those guys are very good AE level players

Tony is so creative (cough, cough) that he even stole my "MTS versus Boysid" steel cage match idea.

TONY...come up with your own creative thought...thank you very much. And yes, i posted that on the Siena board a few days ago.

At least ask me for the rights to my phrase. Plagerism is pricey these days...up there in the 5 figure range.

:rolleyes:

Tony is so creative (cough, cough) that he even stole my "MTS versus Boysid" steel cage match idea.

TONY...come up with your own creative thought...thank you very much.   And yes, i posted that on the Siena board a few days ago.

At least ask me for the rights to my phrase.  Plagerism is pricey these days...up there in the 5 figure range.

13820[/snapback]

Sorry Dane.. my apologies.. I thought I may have heard it before.. Good analogy, perhaps Albany has arrived since you now have your own "MTS"

Edited by SienaTony

Bosiydid, you are like MTS, don't get so mad, it was on the smack board where I busted your stones, not the main board... didn't you read the board, not for the faint of heart ;-)

As for the game lets see:

Lets see Albany loses 87 min( out of 225)  from that game,  22 of your 47 rebounds, 42 of your 74 points, and yet you still think Albany will be as good?  As for Siena you guys have a very short memory, Kojo Mensah was by far the best player on the floor that day, Albany had no answer for him. Unless you recruited a athletic point guard you’re gonna have the same problem

Jamar Wilson is a great player and all Siena can hope for is to contain him similar to last year where Jamar got his 20 points but had to take 21 shots to get his points. Siena will miss Scoop Jordan for sure, but we have everyone back  but him from that team that BEAT you last year. Add a better  rebounder and a sorely needed big man in Haddix.  And Siena has the makings of a very solid ball club. If you can’t see that then you don’t know much about college basketball

Albany has a lot of question marks next season, you don’t lose 3 players the caliber of Jordan , Zoelner and Levine and not skip a beat. I don’t think Albany will fall off the face of the map, after all any team that has Jamar is a threat to win but in all likely hood Albany will not be as good as last year (although it is possible you are)  I can’t see you any better though

Siena will much.. much better than last year. If you think not ask your coach he’ll tell you.  And again I’m not saying Albany can’t win, only that Siena will deservedly be favored in the game. Jamar is as good as its gets at the AE level, after that I’m not overly impressed with Albany’s talent.  That’s not meant as a knock,  as most of those guys are very good AE level players

13819[/snapback]

Tony,

Don’t put your own spin on it like I blew a gasket, picked up my balls and dragged them over to the DanePound. I know what the SmackBoard is all about since I’ve been reading for a solid month or two. There’s smack and then there’s classless, you can’t talk smack without losing class…. Any-who gives a flying crap I’m starting to sound like a little girl who got my feelings hurt so what ever.

Your entire post or two have been really giving me the feeling that you are back tracking from your earlier prediction of making us your “bitches”. I know you have no class but come-on have some backbone. Or is that also non-existent?

TONY...come up with your own creative thought...thank you very much.  And yes, i posted that on the Siena board a few days ago.

At least ask me for the rights to my phrase.  Plagerism is pricey these days...up there in the 5 figure range.

13820[/snapback]

Dane96 or Tony,

Explain to me what it is about my posts that remind you of MTS. Is he smart, stupid, belligerent, annoying, condescending, funny? I haven’t read enough of his writing to understand the significance of the comparison. And what’s with the love of wrestling?