UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

If you didn't know TU sucked A$$...

Siena Tony,

I'm glad you deem it necessary to come over here and post, but I would truly appreciate it if you would leave your condescending attitude on your own board.

Next years game is a long way off, who knows if we can replace our losses and who knows if Haddix will be healthy or your recruits are as good as expected.

The UA team you beat at HOME last year and the team that ended the year were significantly different teams.

Enjoy the off season and pray that Haddix stays healthy for a full season, Haddix and Siena deserves that much.

Siena Tony,

I'm glad you deem it necessary to come over here and post, but I would truly appreciate it if you would leave your condescending attitude on your own board.

Next years game is a long way off, who knows if we can replace our losses and who knows if Haddix will be healthy or your recruits are as good as expected.

The UA team you beat at HOME last year and the team that ended the year were significantly different teams.

Enjoy the off season and pray that Haddix stays healthy for a full season, Haddix and Siena deserves that much.

13824[/snapback]

Patch,

I don’t mind him here.

Siena Tony,

13824[/snapback]

Patchy are you a little testy today? Is it that time of the month for you? Its all in good fun, some of you take this stuff way too seriously, its college basketball not life or death. As for your post, I hope Haddix is healthy also, but keep in mind we already beat you without Haddix. As for condescending? Where was I condescending? Ask your coach who will be favored next season? And as I have stated many times in a rivalry game anything can happen, but for Albany to win, the Danes will have to play very well, Siena is a better team on paper ( and yea I know the games are not won on paper) Siena will be favored going into the game , well if you consider that condescending, perhaps you have other “issues”

And Oh yea.. you enjoy the off season too Patch!!!

hugs and kisses Tony!!

Tony is so creative (cough, cough) that he even stole my "MTS versus Boysid" steel cage match idea.

TONY...come up with your own creative thought...thank you very much.   And yes, i posted that on the Siena board a few days ago.

At least ask me for the rights to my phrase.  Plagerism is pricey these days...up there in the 5 figure range.

:rolleyes:

13820[/snapback]

Dane96 or Tony,

Explain to me what it is about my posts that remind you of MTS. Is he smart, stupid, belligerent, annoying, condescending, funny? I haven’t read enough of his writing to understand the significance of the comparison. And what’s with the love of wrestling?

13823[/snapback]

Nothing Bosydid...i just think it would be funny. Our boy Jon is a wee bit too angry...and fighting never solved anything...so I figure your cage match could be fun.

Jon, on the other hand, seems to be on the path of eventually calling me or statefan from Albany 1 to get him out after the Siena game.

Patch, I won't argue with your reference to Loudonvile Tony being condescending but I think he certainly is disingenuous. His "complements" to UAlbany are always backhanded as per qualifiers such as "for your level." If compliments are meant to be compliments, you don't add the qualifiers. It reeks of hypocrisy, but isn't that we have come to expect from that source.

Tony, as well as others, always comments about our being at such a low level. He essentially assigns us guilt by our association. The flaw with that argument is that the top team of a certain low conference may be superior to a mid-level team of another supposedly higher conference. Obviously, the best way to compare fruit is to compare apples with apples, instead of apples and oranges.

The other flaw with the argument is that some high-level conferences certainly did not do well this year in the NCAA tournament. The perennial high-level teams of supposedly high-level conferences quite often bowed out early this year. I need only point to Syracuse and Duke as examples. So Tony's argument that Siena is superior to UAlbany because they're in the MAAC and we're in the America East just simply doesn't wash any more. This argument is bolstered by the admission of their own posters who have been celebrating like mad the triumph of mid-major teams over "high"-major teams in this year's tournament.

I personally don't care where each of the two local teams ended up this year, in terms of RPI. The primary purpose of the RPI is as a tool to measure where to place tournament teams. The RPI is only a means to get to your goal, and that goal is to get to an end-of-year tournament.

I personally don't care whether both teams made it to the Big Dance this year or not. I am mostly concerned about UAlbany, and we accomplished that goal, along with several others along the way and afterward. UAlbany's performance for this year far exceeded the expectations I had for us at the beginning of the season. That's all that counts.

I'm afraid, though, that for several Siena fans this year's their jealousy of our achievements has gotten the better of them. (And, once again, I am not branding all Siena fans, even the majority of them who seem to offer genuine good wishes for our accomplishments, with this characterization.)

Our game against UConn is an experience that no one can take away from us. UAlbany was able to go to the Big Dance, and for over 35 minutes, we were wearing Cinderella's shoes in front of millions of people - our fans, new fans, neutral newscasters and analysts - who were pulling with everything they had for us. And we were wearing those shoes very well while the wicked stepsister of Loudonville sat home dejected - and pouted.

Tony likes to bust my chops. I can probably get on his nerves at times. Albany will have a good team next year but I would give a "slight" edge. Siena will have Haddix back along with very very good players in Kojo Mensah and Kenny Hasbrouck. Not to mention solid role players like Dave Ryan and Tay Fisher. The recruiting class will be VERY good.

Of course, nobody gave Siena a shot to win last year and they did so obviously anything can happen. If Siena is dumb enough to look past Albany (I seriously doubt Fran McCaffery would allow it) they could easily lose to Albany.

Siena and Albany both should be pretty good next year. Both have legit shots at postseason play.

It's funny that Zo is such a loss for us after hearing for three years that he's such a stiff. (Maybe like a lot of us, the older we get the better we were). And while Levi and Lu are good players, the biggest stories the T-U did on both of them this year was how they were coping with their loss of playing time and Lu's shooting slump. They provided leadership and depth, but for most of this year the team didn't revolve around them.

Tony is so creative (cough, cough) that he even stole my "MTS versus Boysid" steel cage match idea.

TONY...come up with your own creative thought...thank you very much.   And yes, i posted that on the Siena board a few days ago.

At least ask me for the rights to my phrase.  Plagerism is pricey these days...up there in the 5 figure range.

:rolleyes:

13820[/snapback]

Dane96 or Tony,

Explain to me what it is about my posts that remind you of MTS. Is he smart, stupid, belligerent, annoying, condescending, funny? I haven’t read enough of his writing to understand the significance of the comparison. And what’s with the love of wrestling?

13823[/snapback]

Nothing Bosydid...i just think it would be funny. Our boy Jon is a wee bit too angry...and fighting never solved anything...so I figure your cage match could be fun.

Jon, on the other hand, seems to be on the path of eventually calling me or statefan from Albany 1 to get him out after the Siena game.

13827[/snapback]

It sounds like a fund is already being established for me in November....

It's going to be a long off season. Hopefully Coach Marr and Coach Ford's teams can keep me occupied unitl then.

Siena Still Sucks

(like the flowbe hair cutting system)

UAalum72

I must repectfully disagree. Each of the three you mentioned brought a great deal to the table, in my opinion

1. Though many on this board didn't see ZO as a real contributor the coaches in the league selected him 3rd Team All AE - they're the ones that had to plan a strategy against us. Evidently ZO's presence was appreciated by the opposing coaches more than some UA fans.

2. "Sweet LU" even when he was struggling was a physical presence who became pretty much a defensive stopper. In our drive to glory, our last four wins came by double digit margins - LU evolved back to the guy we expected early in the season, avg. 15ppg. He was instrumental in UA getting the AE Regular Season Title outright at UMBC and winning the AE Tourney to clinch both a NIT and NCAA invite.

3. Levi is just a "Warrior" he contributed in so many different ways, tip ins, three point shots, hustle and physicality to to name a few. I'll bet the coaching staff is out trying to get a physical forward right now with the remaining scholarship.

Remember 3 of the 4 players we have coming in are freshman. Who knows how they will do at this level?

There's alot of work to be done - this season's new guys Siggers, Connelly and Covington must show considerable improvement and so must Lillis and Brent, just for us to think about repeating the carpet ride next season.

Just my opinion.

Patch, it wasn't me calling Zo a stiff, that was $T and others. And I agree that L & L will be a loss, like any graduating senior contributors, but the team has grown enough that it can absorb the hit.

College players are always here for a limited time, and the coaching staff is always working on replacing current players. I'm just not going to expect the team to hit the skids.

JonUA97, are you the fat guy the paints himself purple at the Smallbany games?

13851[/snapback]

No, sadly I am a different fat kid.

But thank you for your compliment and your obnoxious smallbany remark all in one post. I am much bigger and more of an (what is a nice way to put this) obscene (I guess) fan. Maybe some of the guys on here can come up with a better descriptive adjective for my game time behaviors.

I am not nearly as creative or good looking as Adam. If I painted myself for the games we all should buy stock in Glidden or Benjamin Moore as it would take at least one gallon of both purple and gold to cover the surface area on this fattie.

Here is a link from another thread about Adam:

http://www.cstv.com/coca-cola/

Just click on the Albany button at the bottom and you will get a 30 second education about Adam and his love of Albany Great Danes Basketball.

Like a working girl on 11th Avenue...

Siena Still Sucks