UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Doe anyone have a progress report on this alleged football facility we are building. We keep hearing about it over and over and over but nothing definitive. When, where, how any info would be nice. I donated some cash, but that’s it. How much more money do that need? Where do they have to be? Anyone know anything?

Doe anyone have a progress report on this alleged football facility we are building.  We keep hearing about it over and over and over but nothing definitive.  When, where, how any info would be nice.  I donated some cash, but that’s it.  How much more money do that need?  Where do they have to be? Anyone know anything?

15741[/snapback]

The football stadium project is nowhere yet. UA either has to get a big chunk of state money (like SB did) or a MAJOR donor. The status of the stadium seems to be in the same boat as the new building for school of business --- plans, but no significant money to move it along. The tragic circumstances of President Hall leave a vacuum as far as launching the next major fund raising effort.

All of this is IMHO of course.

Doe anyone have a progress report on this alleged football facility we are building.  We keep hearing about it over and over and over but nothing definitive.  When, where, how any info would be nice.  I donated some cash, but that’s it.  How much more money do that need?  Where do they have to be? Anyone know anything?

15741[/snapback]

The football stadium project is nowhere yet. UA either has to get a big chunk of state money (like SB did) or a MAJOR donor. The status of the stadium seems to be in the same boat as the new building for school of business --- plans, but no significant money to move it along. The tragic circumstances of President Hall leave a vacuum as far as launching the next major fund raising effort.

All of this is IMHO of course.

15746[/snapback]

This statement is far from accurate...and let's just leave it at that.

15741[/snapback]

Last I heard there was an environmental impact study being done on the proposed site (RACC parking lot). Something about the water table. They aren't gonna to release anything until they get the results.

Just to get things straight, the new stadium, whenever they start building it, is going to be in the RACC parking lot? Are they planning on selling the name rights? Price Chopper Field (The Chop Shop), Fuccillo Stadium (aka The Fuc), Boscovs Coliseum, or Red Bull Park wouldn't be so bad.

Just to get things straight, the new stadium, whenever they start building it, is going to be in the RACC parking lot?  Are they planning on selling the name rights? Price Chopper Field (The Chop Shop), Fuccillo Stadium (aka The Fuc), Boscovs Coliseum, or Red Bull Park wouldn't be so bad.

15754[/snapback]

I think there will be some naming opportunities, but with the public funding making up a large portion of the money I have to imagine there will be some restrictions thereon. Dane96 will be able to tell us wthether or not this is true.

How about GE stadium?????????? Maybe one of the largest company's in the world can give back to a community that it has benefited greatly from. What's a few million bucks to GE...a rounding error.

Edited by danefan

Dane96

Why don't you eleborate, If you know something then please share with the group.

15750[/snapback]

Young Dane, you can't show all your cards. Silence...is a premium sometimes.

15751[/snapback]

Dane,

You insinuate that you know something or are privy to more info then most here, but yet say zero. Who benefits from not saying anything? It’s not like this is some covert mission or something. Those who are diehard supporters of UA athletics and that have donated money to UA athletics (like I have) should have at least an occasional update. NO?

Boys....you are stepping on toes here. Just as there are some on this board who were diehards long before I got on campus, I think my ALLEGIANCE, DONATIONS, and DIEHARDNESS (is that even a word) for the DANES goes without saying.

Make a phone call to the school and ask them.

But don't call out another poster because they wont give you info.

It is what it is...I said my peace...and I think danefan summed it up best. You want more info...call the school.

G-d...you have some balls.

See y'all on the boards in a week...I am off to Spain!