UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Yes...and No.

Masella is a great coach, Fordham is pissed, UA is not executing, players are commiting stupid penalties, and the QB situation isnt good.

Blasinsky, highly regarded, came in towards the end of the half...lets see what he can do...or if he even stays in.

ODog, check out the AGS threads.

BTW....CCSU is up 10-0 late in the 2nd over G. Southern :huh:

All I have to say is Fordham played well and we beat ourselves tonight. We had to many oppertunities to win this game, I expect Ford to give these guys a royal kick in the u know what and that this team will be ready to play against Central Conn.

Atleast this game in the long run didn't count towards the NEC standings

This was my first UAlbany football game.  Without knowing any names or players, the QB’s suck! That Bacanagra (sp?) guy should probably never get off the bench again.3 INT’s before the half?  On a side note, awesome crowd.  Announced was 5000+.

16076[/snapback]

The true frosh who finished does NOT suck...he is really good...big time DI schools were after him. That was his first game...SINCE HIGH SCHOOL.

That kid will be good.

This was my first UAlbany football game.  Without knowing any names or players, the QB’s suck! That Bacanagra (sp?) guy should probably never get off the bench again.3 INT’s before the half?  On a side note, awesome crowd.  Announced was 5000+.

16076[/snapback]

The true frosh who finished does NOT suck...he is really good...big time DI schools were after him. That was his first game...SINCE HIGH SCHOOL.

That kid will be good.

16078[/snapback]

He was better then the starter, I admit. It was just frustration to watch them unable to move the chains.

16076[/snapback]

That kid will be good.

16078[/snapback]

He was better then the starter, I admit. It was just frustration to watch them unable to move the chains.

16079[/snapback]

You should see what I wrote down on the AGS site. I think Ford stuck by, like he does so well, Bocanegra for long enough and then it was time for Blasinsky. This kid is going to be good.

He moved the chains in the second half. Unless you are the old school GSU or Navy, you cant rely on just the run at this level. Blasinsky provides that.

He went 9-16 for 108 yards and a TD in the second.

IDK if anyone has realized this but it is now been 4 years since we have won our home opener.

2006 Fordham 9-7; 2005 Hofstra 36-7; 2004 Fordham 14-0; 2003 Brown 21-3.

Over the past 7 years we are 2-5 for home openers so perhaps this isn't as bad as it seems.

Also we are 5-1 (Only loss was last year against SBU in the rain game) in the second home games over the past 6 years so watch out CCSU.

IDK if anyone has realized this but it is now been 4 years since we have won our home opener.

2006 Fordham 9-7; 2005 Hofstra 36-7; 2004 Fordham 14-0; 2003 Brown 21-3.

16083[/snapback]

Some people at the game last night were saying it's the Fireworks Night jinx.

For consistency sake I'll complain again about the concessions. Excellent crowd, probably a lot of fans and students there for their first football game who needed to pack a lunch to wait in line for a hot dog. It doesn't really affect me but I can't understand it. Don't they want to sell more?

It went unsaid here but I didn't get the fake punt early in the first half. Admittedly I'm fickle and had it worked I would have said it was genius. It seemed like a big gamble so early in the game. Without us helping them I don't know that Fordham could have scored on our defense if they had to go 50+ yards against them. To their credit they played well enough to win but it was frustrated to watch them hand over those 9 points.

I was impressed with Blasinsky as well. It's a pretty tough spot to make your college debut while trying to lead your team in a comeback. He looked really poised out there for a freshman. Another freshman, Colin Simmons looked right at home out there as well.

DP, "poised" is the first thought I had as I watched Blasinsky. You may also have noticed that the enthusiam level of team members picked up after he came into the game. He clearly has leadership quality. I was sure that he was going to lead us to a comeback victory but a few dropped passes (at least he was hitting his receivers and NOT their defensive backs), some poor play calling (why go for the long pass on the 4th and 6 on that last drive), some stupid penalties, and a few penalties resulting from confusion (I still hate the no-huddle) stymied his efforts. Now that I have recovered from the let down of that game, I feel confident that Blasinsky is going to do some very good things the rest of this year and the three afterwards.

A couple more points - on the ball that Dupont (?) picked up and ran back for a touchdown, he was about 6 yards in front of his nearest pursuer who had no chance of catching up. So why did one of his blockers feel the need to block - an illegal block as it was - the pursuer. At the time, several people around me commented that that penalty and lost TD could come back to haunt us. Prophetic.

Interesting that our biggest gainers seemed to come on the first play of a series, just after the offense had HUDDLED on the sideline. The no-huddle didn't do Texas any good either last night.

Edited by UA66

The concessions are an embarraaament. This game always draws a pretty big crowd, one single line for refreshments. Not the way to bring in the capital district fans. I can't believe we can be this unprepared.

We continue to commit some pretty stupid penalties:

Block in back on someone with no chance to tackle our runner scoring a touchdown on the fumble recovery.

Late hit or something after the whistle after we stop them on third down.

Face mask by an offensive lineman resulting in a first and 25 late in forth qtr.

Very frustrating. I believe we had 4 "stupid" penalties to Fordham's 1.