UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lance James is on the roster

#5 he is on the roster

http://www.albany.edu/sports/mens/basketball/roster.htm

so much for Prep this year, and I know Ambrose is on campus

16603[/snapback]

Good catch B. That's some bittersweet news I think. Obviously he sounds like a strong recruit, so that's good to see him on a UAlbany roster, but we're also pretty stacked at the guard spots already so it'd be tough to use a year of his eligibility. I wonder if a red-shirt is a possibility?

From NJ Rivals......A big time athlete, James can play above the rim despite his small size. Explosive with the ball, he mixes it up with a dependable jumper and smart with the ball in his hands. Marcos said James battled against Jersey's best all season long.

"Miles Beatty, Corey Fisher, Eugene Harvey. You name it, he put up big numbers on them. 35, 41, 47, 37, 33. Lance put up big time numbers against anybody we played," Marcos said.

Since moving to New Jersey from Chapel Hill High School in metro Atlanta last year, James fell off the recruiting radar. But word is getting out on James. Marcos said Wake Forest, St. John's, Drexel, James Madison and George Mason have all shown interest of late.

I don't know how good he is but he seems to be somebody who can play atleast at the AE level. Somehow we've got him a year before we expected.

When a number of teams the from higher conferences are interested I would expect you must be pretty talented especially if you're under 6'.

Maybe he is doing a similar thing to Ambrose. Attending Albany this year with financial aid and then next year receiving one of the available basketball scholarships. Since he is eligible academically to play this year (unlike Ambrose as a partial qualifier) he can play for the team. Not sure if that is exactly what is taking place, but it's probably something like that.

you want to hear how maybe that NCAA game helped in getting James (THIS IS JUST A THEORY):

TU says that he picked UA over a walk-on spot at UAB. Who played in the NCAA Tournament right after UA in Philly? UAB. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hahahaha

I've been away for a couple of days and haven't had a chance to post. Just read the article about James being on the roster with the quotes from Coach Brown.

James seems like a very exciting possibility on this years team. A lot of the time last year when Lillis went to the bench Jamar did a lot of the ball-handling. If ( a big IF considering he's a freshman) James can run the point off the bench that should take some of the load off Jamar. I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into James but you don't see a lot of guards coming into the AE being described as "explosive with the ball." I'm pretty sure he was a second-team all state selection in New Jersey which is pretty good company.

I've been away for a couple of days and haven't had a chance to post. Just read the article about James being on the roster with the quotes from Coach Brown.

James seems like a very exciting possibility on this years team. A lot of the time last year when Lillis went to the bench Jamar did a lot of the ball-handling. If ( a big IF considering he's a freshman) James can run the point off the bench that should take some of the load off Jamar. I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into James but you don't see a lot of guards coming into the AE being described as "explosive with the ball." I'm pretty sure he was a second-team all state selection in New Jersey which is pretty good company.

16680[/snapback]

Can you post the link? Was it on TU or somewhere else, I'd like to read it.

DP -

James averaged 17.9 points and 9.2 assists per game last season for LEAP Academy, a charter school in Camden, N.J., that went 25-4 and won the South Jersey Group 1 title. from TU article

LEAP Academy played some pretty good comp. In fact they played Our Savior (Tim Ambroses HS team).

From all I've heard Lance is super quick and is strong and an explosive leaper.

COLLEGE CHOICES INTEREST 

St. John's        Medium   

Wake Forest    Medium   

George Mason  Medium   

James Madison Medium   

Drexel            Medium

from Rivals

evidently some pretty good schools atleast showed an interest.

GDG - Connelly was on campus last summer before Lance relocated to NJ from Georgia, so I doubt they knew each other.

16692[/snapback]

Gotcha, thanks for the info!..thought that was kinda cool to see. And DP, if you want to move this to the current Lance James thread, go for it..I thought I posted it there and then couldn't find it at all..haha. I knew I posted soon after I woke up, but I didn't think I was that out of it! :P