UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women's Purple and Gold scrimmage

I'm a UA fan, regardless of which sport.

16971[/snapback]

Same here. A few of us who had never went to a field hockey game before went to the game eralier in the season to root for the Great danes over the Indians or whatever they are calling themselves these days.

I go to as many Danes games in as many sports as possible. This Saturday you will either see me at Game 6 of the World Series or at the Great Dane soccer game followed by the great dane football game followed by the great dane volleyball game.

I'm not saying I hope they do bad, I just really could care less. In my opinion the quality of the mens game is far superior to that of woman. I don't really want to say anything that might may upset some as I know people do watch, it's just I wouldn't spend my time watching it. I'm willing to go watch pretty much anything for a time or two, but I've had the "privilege" to watch the woman play and in my opinion it's unwatchable. On all levels.

Can't wait until you tell that to your daughter.

16980[/snapback]

I don't understand why you have to get personal and start talking/questioning my support for my daughter (by the way I have a little boy). I'm obviously not the only person that feels this way, look at the attendance of WNBA games. I respect it for what it is, and if I had a daughter and she wanted to play any organized sport be it water polo , synchronized swimming or chess I would support her. But I don't have to think much of the sport. Anyhow this post was not intended to flame womans sports or womans basketball, I just made the comment that it's very low quality of basketball and I would rather spend my time on something else. You on the other hand are within your right to support it with your time etc. I can respect that. I'm just no interested, and I simply pointed that out. No reason to get your panties in a wad.

I'm not upset in the least, I just wondered if you'd tell your daughter, if you had one, that her games ae unwatchable. I could say that the fact there is a wnba, mans it mst be watchable. It's certainly a different game than the men, without a doubt, but it is competitive and watchable. In Hartford, the women's crowds are larger than the men's. I guess I am slightly annoyed that you bother to post on a thread where people hqave an interest in the women, that you don't. Why not just ignore the thread entirely?

I hear in your voice/writen word that you are bothered. I was simply responding to the original question of why wasn't it advertised. Like it or not the interest is simply not there. If this year is anything like last year I'll probably arrive early for mens game to see the woman play a little, so maybe my mind will change. Anyway good luck to the woman I was simply making a comment from the peanut gallery and didn't intend to get you or anyone else worked up. Good luck to the woman.

I do think the University missed an opportunity to promote the womens team. I go to all of the games I can possibly attend but would not have known about the ladies scrimmage if it werent for the posts today. I think not mentioning it with other homecoming weekend info was a missed chance. Many people who went to the mens scrimmage would have undoubtably liked to have known that another game was being played.

Lets not jump on bosiydid for what he said. In my opinion last year's women's team was unwatchable. Their offense is unimaginative, boring and slow. Women's basketball can be exciting if the product is good. For example UConn v. Tenn., Women's final four and even Hartford v. BU. Im hopeful things have changed this season and they will be watchable.