UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next years preseason NIT

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...sdate=11/8/2006

According to the TU, there is a good chance that Syracuse will be here for the preseason NIT and LCC is being sent elsewhere for their NIT games. For a big sports fan and a taxpayer of Albany county like myself, that is a great "trade". We are getting an upgrade in the county owned arena and finally a couple of D1 games in Albany worth seeing when UA is not playing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is great news.  Like all NCAA basketball events held in our home arena, Siena season ticket holders will have first choice in tickets.  I'll look for you up in the rafters Bob.

'Bob'  What a great name.

17365[/snapback]

The arrogance of some amazes me. IF you havent noticed the writing on the wall, there is a school down the road from you who, in due time, will surpass the ENTIRE SIENA program in the eyes of locals. The fact that the CD is actually supporting the idea of a partially tax funded football stadium...says a ton about the changing feelings between the UA community and the CD.

When I was a frosh...we were voted the second worst TOWN-GOWN relationship in the country. Boy how times have changed.

73, enjoy the remainder of your time of glory given to you by the shills at the Times Useless; Even they will be hard pressed to ignore that ALBANY one day will become the CD's SCHOOL...not team....but SCHOOL!!!!

This is great news.  Like all NCAA basketball events held in our home arena, Siena season ticket holders will have first choice in tickets.  I'll look for you up in the rafters Bob.

17365[/snapback]

The arrogance of some amazes me. IF you havent noticed the writing on the wall, there is a school down the road from you who, in due time, will surpass the ENTIRE SIENA program in the eyes of locals. The fact that the CD is actually supporting the idea of a partially tax funded football stadium...says a ton about the changing feelings between the UA community and the CD.

When I was a frosh...we were voted the second worst TOWN-GOWN relationship in the country. Boy how times have changed.

73, enjoy the remainder of your time of glory given to you by the shills at the Times Useless; Even they will be hard pressed to ignore that ALBANY one day will become the CD's SCHOOL...not team....but SCHOOL!!!!

17368[/snapback]

If you wake up at some point Dane96, you will realize that I only post replies like the one above in response to inflammatory comments made at Siena.

BTW, your post only illustrates SUNY's inferiority complex when it comes to sports in the Capital region.

17365[/snapback]

17368[/snapback]

If you wake up at some point Dane96, you will realize that I only post replies like the one above in response to inflammatory comments made at Siena.

BTW, your post only illustrates SUNY's inferiority complex when it comes to sports in the Capital region.

17372[/snapback]

I see that you are a psychologist. Inferiority complex? No, my post indicates, my friend, the changing tide in the Captial District. It is clear, Siena had a stranglehold on the region that UA had to overcome. I think even a "Captain Obvious" person (not you...just in general) would agree to that...even the most ardent UA supporters.

Clearer, however is the changing times.

Finally, how can fans have an inferiority complex when we have made a solid move to DI...and boast more championship programs in the last 7 years than Siena.

Yeah, yeah, the MAAC is better. That may be true, but only in hoops.

Summarizing, you cant have an inferiority complex when you are clearly distancing yourself from the competition.

saints73,

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I really like your school's football team!

17383[/snapback]

I wouldn't go there olddog considering two of SUNY's players are accused of rape.

17384[/snapback]

Actually, it is three players...and what does that have to do with Siena not having a football team?

Great logic.

saints73,

17383[/snapback]

I wouldn't go there olddog considering two of SUNY's players are accused of rape.

17384[/snapback]

Actually, it is three players...and what does that have to do with Siena not having a football team?

Great logic.

17385[/snapback]

Here's the logic: I would rather have no program than one that has produced potential criminals.

saints73,

17383[/snapback]

17384[/snapback]

Great logic.

17385[/snapback]

Here's the logic: I would rather have no program than one that has produced potential criminals.

17386[/snapback]

Let me get this straight. NOT ONE SIENA TEAM...in any SPORT...has had a player accused of crime.

Even better, has one Siena student ever been accused for a time.

Tool.

'aint73,

Even if you tried you probably couldn't stoop any lower then you just did. What an F'in loser! Nothing like smearing the name of Bob Ford and the program he's built over time in order to get to the posters on this board. I swear 'aints fans are some of the most ignorant/arrogant ass whipes I've ever come across. Why don't you go and get together with the other hayseeds and pat each other on the back 'till your palms are raw. Because we all know that your one sport program is the "Crown Jewl of the MAAC"

Honestly, there are some serious anger issues on this board. As I said, every post I made is a reaction to a negative post about Siena. Go back through the threads if you don't believe me. Furthermore, how often do you see a negative SUNY post on the Siena board. Siena fans have other things to discuss and focus on besides smacking around SUNY's basketball team down at the Pepsi!

Honestly, there are some serious anger issues on this board.  As I said, every post I made is a reaction to a negative post about Siena.  Go back through the threads if you don't believe me.  Furthermore, how often do you see a negative SUNY post on the Siena board.  Siena fans have other things to discuss and focus on besides smacking around SUNY's basketball team down at the Pepsi!

17393[/snapback]

You have an obligation to post here with useful and honest information. That means you should contribute in a positive manner.

If you want to post negative stuff here about UAlbany, then do so in a respectful and logical manner.

I have a real concern about obtaining tickets for the UAlbany-Siena game. I'm concerned that these tickets still aren't available when they have been in the past. Instead of responding to this concern, you go off on a tangent.

Then you proceed to do the same thing with other posters.

Everybody here knows what would have happened to us if we had done the same thing on your forum that you did to us in the last couple days.

We tolerate differences of opinion here, but we do it respectfully and with facts. On the other hand, if you choose to post stupidity here, be prepared to get hit hard.

Archived