UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Delaware: Game Thread

I'm starting this thread so we can kind of keep all Delaware game related content, impressions and after the game discussion in one place.

I really think that if our offense shows up today we should be able to beat Delaware going away. I know they had a guy hit for 27 point against a MAAC team, but overall they are coming of two 20+ loss seasons. They are picked to finish last in the CAA so obviously the coaches in their league don't think to highly of them and we are at home. If we somehow manage to lose this game it would be a shame.

Based on what coach Browns has said, look for Gifford to get allot more then 7 minutes tonight. Lillis will be looking to score. I know Brent is nursing an injure but is anyone else kind of disappointed in his production so far? I know he didn't do much in the Bucknell game and I was also at the exhibition game and he was mediocre. I'm looking for him to show up today and do his thing.

Jamar should rebound and put up good numbers. Looking for Albany to run past Delaware!

Brent did a lot on defense against McN during the Bucknell game. IMHO we need him as a down low presence more then we do at the 3-line.

I'm starting this thread so we can kind of keep all Delaware game related content, impressions and after the game discussion in one place.

I really think that if our offense shows up today we should be able to beat Delaware going away.  I know they had a guy hit for 27 point against a MAAC team, but overall they are coming of two 20+ loss seasons.  They are picked to finish last in the CAA so obviously the coaches in their league don't think to highly of them and we are at home.  If we somehow manage to lose this game it would be a shame.

Based on what coach Browns has said, look for Gifford to get allot more then 7 minutes tonight.  Lillis will be looking to score.  I know Brent is nursing an injure but is anyone else kind of disappointed in his production so far?  I know he didn't do much in the Bucknell game and I was also at the exhibition game and he was mediocre.  I'm looking for him to show up today and do his thing. 

Jamar should rebound and put up good numbers.  Looking for Albany to run past Delaware!

17738[/snapback]

I heard from the ticket office yesterday afternoon that there were about 1200 tickets still available. I hope the community and the students show up. It would be very nice to continue the momentum that started late last season.

17741[/snapback]

Does that include student tickets?

Still, 3300 sold tickets is pretty damned good. Remember, until about BPG, selling 3300 tickets was a miracle.

I cannot attend, but two people are using my seasons....

Nice 20 point victory. We got very sloppy after getting up 20, but we were firmly in control from the 10 minute mark on. Carl Ross is quite an athlete, but will be even better when he is more in the flow. I'm sure the injury slowed his progress. We missed to many free throws. Jamar was fabulous (33). Siggers was also great. Lillis spent the whole first half on the bench after getting 2 quick fouls. Iati was steady again.

tons of fouls this game...

Jamar and that kid Johnson where getting into it all night. The entire Blue Hens team was trying to get physical with him, and he showed them up every minute.

Solid victory, yea sloppy, but what are you gonna do when you have that kind of lead.

Wow, I didn't realize Jamar had 33....NICE! He was going at #5 and #5 at him. Overall it was a sloppy game, a ton of fouls. Once we went up by double digits we put it into cruise control, I saw coach trying to push the guys but they were kind of sleep walking through it. Lillis was in foul trouble most of the first half and couldn't get into the flow. Siggers once again had a fantastic game, he is really bringing it night in and night out! Carl Ross showed flashes and I was again impressed with Conelly he is gona be a baller with a little more experience. I have to mention the great pass by Jamar on the first possessions of the game.

Overall I don't think the offense was crisp, as they were sleep walking once we went up big. Deffense was solid but not Bucknell defense. Delaware was very very quick and we managed to stay in front of them. I'm happy with the performance of the team but I think offense needs some fine tunning. We are fine on defense.

More articles about the Delaware game, this time from the Troy-Herald.

Pre-game article:

http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news.cfm?ne...id=523732&rfi=6

Average attendance at the two home games so far is 4210. Nice start to the season.

Post-game article:

http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news.cfm?ne...id=523732&rfi=6

One quotation from the latter article: "Once you get a lead on them, you've got to put your foot on their throat," Siggers said. "You have bury them and demoralize them." Wow!

Did anyone else notice that Gifford had a pretty solid game in 14 minutes?  3pts, 2reb and 2 blocks.  Not bad for his second game and only 14 minutes.  It's gona be a pleasure to watch him develop.

17772[/snapback]

I thought he had a steal as well. Looks like he'll have to score a couple of baskets to get some confidence; it looked like the team was really trying to get the ball in to him, but he was blocked when he went up, until he hit the short jumper. He's still trying to get the feel of the college game.

Archived