UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Times-Union Running Score Prediction Contest

I read the Times-Union today, and I saw that the paper is conducting a contest where a $100 gift card is given to somebody that accurately predicts the score of this Saturday's game. On the day of the game the Times-Union will print all of the predictions that it receives, and the tie-breaker will be the combined points of Haddix and Jamar.

I think this is an interesting way to get the region involved, and I wanted to know if anyone is interested in a UAlbany community side-bet. If there is interest we could play for an ale of choice at the Across the Street Pub before the next home game, or something like that.

For me:

UAlbany 73

Siena 66

Haddix (14) + Jamar (22) = 36 combined points

As for the Times-Union contest, hopefully a lot of UAlbany supporters will make their presence in the Capital Region shown.

Of course, I would like to see how well Hofstra plays tonight before finalizing anything....

The $100 gift card at Mark Thomas should get you about two-thirds of a tie.

18029[/snapback]

I do not need another tie, let alone 2/3 of one, so I was thinking I could get 85 cents on the dollar for the gift card on EBay. (Or maybe give it to my father for Christmas.)

I submitted..

UAlbany 73 - Siena 64 ... total points 38.

18074[/snapback]

Nicely done, GODANESGO. Now the only problem is finding the logisitcs of determining a winner out of a contest with an open format, but I will figure something out.

As for the 'prize', do you want a nominal contribution to a UAlbany slush fund to be used at the winner's discretion, or do you want to stay with the ale of choice?

As for the rest of you, I can make up a nice little spreadsheet with everybody's picks, and we can go from there. Also, the first three have picked UAlbany, so if you want to hedge (and lose your credibility), take the other team...

I submitted..

UAlbany 73 - Siena 64 ... total points 38.

18074[/snapback]

Nicely done, GODANESGO. Now the only problem is finding the logisitcs of determining a winner out of a contest with an open format, but I will figure something out.

As for the 'prize', do you want a nominal contribution to a UAlbany slush fund to be used at the winner's discretion, or do you want to stay with the ale of choice?

As for the rest of you, I can make up a nice little spreadsheet with everybody's picks, and we can go from there. Also, the first three have picked UAlbany, so if you want to hedge (and lose your credibility), take the other team...

18075[/snapback]

I AM LEAVING FOR THE PURPLE KINGDOM IN TWO HOURS....seats are in 101, Row F (1-6)...

Albany 71- Siena 66

41 points combined.

5 Scores so far.....

Member Albany Siena Combined

Haggyland 72 66 35

B9j2j6s 78 70 44

GODANESGO 73 64 38

Dane96 71 66 41

GreatDanes84 72 69 ??

With apologies to KenPom, he does not make the list.

Dane 96, your score looks surprisingly familiar (One less free throw.)

As for the rest of you, 23.5 hours to go....

well us broadcasters are suppose to take even sides, but after hearing roger this morning....

UALBANY 72-69, ualbany wins a last second three.

18093[/snapback]

For the record, 67 readers submitted score predictions in today's TU.

37 picked the good guys and 30 picked the aints.

Because of the time-stamp feature on the message board, there is still nearly four hours to register your picks, so here's to hoping for more volume.

It has been mentioned that UAlbany was picked 37 to 30 by the T-U readers. I see that they got Mr. Gersztoff's pick, which I am hoping does not beat mine.

Go Great Danes.

Archived