UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Murph

Isn't this guy a UA alum. He is a total Siena homer, despicable. The only people he EVER has on his show are Siena writers, coaches and players. I suppose you could say Wyland is biased the other way but at least he has both sided represented. I find Murph totally a Siena homer. I hate listening to anything he says about UA.

I don't much like him, but he had Will on last week, and he's had McElroy, Ford, Jamar, Blair Buchanan, and others on in the last few months. If you can stand his ego and slow-motion delivery, you can continue to listen to the first 20 minutes until he finally gets to his guest list to see if it's worth waiting for the rest of the show.

I don't much like him, but he had Will on last week, and he's had McElroy, Ford, Jamar, Blair Buchanan, and others on in the last few months. If you can stand his ego and slow-motion delivery, you can continue to listen to the first 20 minutes until he finally gets to his guest list to see if it's worth waiting for the rest of the show.

18267[/snapback]

Funny you guys thought that.. I always thought Murph was an Albany guy. although in fairness I do think he has Amedio on as analyst allot

On a side note anyone hear Wyland today, how was he? Hopefully his wife kelly busted his chops a bit ;-)

Our late President Hall put Murphy in his place prior to the UVM game last year at the Varsity Club function.

IT was BEYOND hillarious...and I think Murphy $iena himself.

18275[/snapback]

I realize the frustration you guys feel...I feel that way about Wyland. However, you have to realize that Murph has a long history with Siena Basketball that dates back to the '89 NCAA team.

Our late President Hall put Murphy in his place prior to the UVM game last year at the Varsity Club function.

18275[/snapback]

I realize the frustration you guys feel...I feel that way about Wyland. However, you have to realize that Murph has a long history with Siena Basketball that dates back to the '89 NCAA team.

18277[/snapback]

No frustration here. No matter who it was, if you were there to see what Hall did to Murphy....you would have peed yourself. He completely embarrassed him in the most classy and educated way possbile.

It was truly funny.

18275[/snapback]

18277[/snapback]

No frustration here. No matter who it was, if you were there to see what Hall did to Murphy....you would have peed yourself. He completely embarrassed him in the most classy and educated way possbile.

It was truly funny.

18280[/snapback]

I also have no frustration with him as I never listen to any of those shows and as far as I know he doesn't broadcast games. As a matter of fact, one of my only interactions with Murphy was before the Vermont game and I remember thinking Murphy was an ass.

The only area sportscaster who bothers me is Doug Sherman because he is brutal during maac games whether on TW3 or ESPNU.

18267[/snapback]

Funny you guys thought that.. I always thought Murph was an Albany guy. although in fairness I do think he has Amedio on as analyst allot

On a side note anyone hear Wyland today, how was he? Hopefully his wife kelly busted his chops a bit ;-)

18273[/snapback]

I listen to all those shows but Wyland is terribly annoying with the "how you doing buddy" every other word or the other one "partner". The only reason I even listen to him because he is an UA homer! :P I guess we both need one.

18275[/snapback]

18277[/snapback]

It was truly funny.

18280[/snapback]

I also have no frustration with him as I never listen to any of those shows and as far as I know he doesn't broadcast games. As a matter of fact, one of my only interactions with Murphy was before the Vermont game and I remember thinking Murphy was an ass.

The only area sportscaster who bothers me is Doug Sherman because he is brutal during maac games whether on TW3 or ESPNU.

18287[/snapback]

I don't think too much of Wyland or Murphy, both shows are unlistenable. But, I like Sherman as a play by play guy, he's as good as just about anyone I've heard doing college basketball games in the Northeast.

18275[/snapback]

18277[/snapback]

It was truly funny.

18280[/snapback]

18287[/snapback]

I don't think too much of Wyland or Murphy, both shows are unlistenable. But, I like Sherman as a play by play guy, he's as good as just about anyone I've heard doing college basketball games in the Northeast.

18290[/snapback]

We will have to disagree on that one. I remember too many times Sherman gives just one teams lineup in the game or goes off on a tangent.

Also, not that they were local, but I remember watching some of the replay of the Albany at UCLA game last season after getting back to the hotel and being impressed with how much those guys knew about Albany.

But , sorry I am getting a bit off topic.

It makes me wonder about the quality of sportscasters around the country. After one of our big football wins this fall, some people on the AGS board were commenting on the high quality of Albany’s announcers.

Rodger’s too much of a TV guy to do radio play-by-play. Too many times I’ve heard him call a running play, the guy gets tackled, but it takes 30 seconds for him to say it was a 23-yard gain for first-and-goal. You can see that on TV, but on radio we need to be told.

Archived