UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Utah games

I see Utah lost to Northwestern 77-44 and allowed Northwestern to shoot 69% for the game. Utah is 5-7 and haven't beaten anyone good. We may be able to take them if we bring our "A" game. Actually Utah Valley State seems better this season and may give us a harder time than Utah.

P.S. Bingo beat Miami (FL) Wed. night 79-74, for a second AE victory over a ACC team this season. They held the ACC leading scorer, McClinton to 3 points!!

I also have been tracking the scores for the two Utah teams lately, and what I once thought was a possible two loss trip I now view as a hopeful two win trip.

I think the Utah Valley State game could end up being a tougher game, but hopefully the team will remember last year's game and know how to beat them again.

Anyways, it should be fun to listen to from afar.

I see Utah lost to Northwestern 77-44 and allowed Northwestern to shoot 69% for the game. Utah is 5-7 and haven't beaten anyone good. We may be able to take them if we bring our "A" game. Actually Utah Valley State seems better this season and may give us a harder time than Utah.

P.S. Bingo beat Miami (FL) Wed. night 79-74, for a second AE victory over a ACC team this season. They held the ACC leading scorer, McClinton to 3 points!!

Actually McClinton was Miami's leading scorer with 17, but it is always nice to see current or former Siena players on the losing side of the ledger.

http://admin.xosn.com/fls/14000/mensbasket...0607/mbb088.htm

I see Utah lost to Northwestern 77-44 and allowed Northwestern to shoot 69% for the game. Utah is 5-7 and haven't beaten anyone good.

Utah did beat Virginia 94-70 the day before. Albany is probably a 5-6 point dog to both of the UU and UVSC, so we've got at least a chance.

I see Utah lost to Northwestern 77-44 and allowed Northwestern to shoot 69% for the game. Utah is 5-7 and haven't beaten anyone good.

Utah did beat Virginia 94-70 the day before. Albany is probably a 5-6 point dog to both of the UU and UVSC, so we've got at least a chance.

Good chance if word of Dane Pound dying his hair purple inspires the team!

Pomeroy has Albany as the underdog in the next three contests: http://www.kenpom.com/sked.php?&y=2007...=Albany&t=p

In tonight's game we are predicted to lost by 2 (69-67).

Against Utah the next Thursday, the prognostication is a 10-point loss: 72-62.

And finally, against USVU, two days later, a 5-point defeat: 68-63.

Picking up two games on the road would make us 7-6 for the season, the same number of W's and L's at this point last year on our way to 21-11.

Actually, I'm wrong on this information. In addition to last night's victory, picking up only one of the two Utah games would make us 7-5 for the season so far. Last year, by the end of December, we were 6-6. It's nice to see that we have the potential to outpace our record at this stage of the season over last year's stellar performance.

It's also great to see that we are showing more grit at critical times in the game and finishing properly than we were earlier in the season. I think Coach Brown has to be pleased with how this year's team is progressing.

After looking a bit more into Utah's 33pt loss to Northwestern, I noticed Northwestern opened their season with a 3 point loss to Cornell, whom we beat by 3 on Friday. Unfortunately that obviously doesn't mean an easy win for us, but I think it shows that there's a bit of parity between our two teams. Like an earlier poster said, if we bring our A game and play to the ability that we have, maybe we'll be able to take more than 1 of the Utah trip games..because of course I'm looking forward to some dyed hair for the 3rd...

They've played pretty well at home (beat Washington St.) and poorly on the road. I'm wondering how big of a factor altitude is at Utah. Not sure how high it is at the their place but it has to be a signifigant different between Albany at about 350 feet above sea-level. Not to mention they have a 7 foot center as their leading scorer.

Here's a link to their message board.

Ute Fans

I thought the altitude thing was a little overblown until I was in California last year. We stayed in a town around 6,000 feet high. The first morning there I went for a short run and suffered through the whole thing. Granted the players are younger and in better shape but it still will probably be a challenge. Supposedly it takes two or three days to adjust so they should be good by the Utah Valley State game.

I thought the altitude thing was a little overblown until I was in California last year. We stayed in a town around 6,000 feet high. The first morning there I went for a short run and suffered through the whole thing. Granted the players are younger and in better shape but it still will probably be a challenge. Supposedly it takes two or three days to adjust so they should be good by the Utah Valley State game.

DP....that chest/headache altitude thing sucks.....been there man!!!

However, and with all due respect (mostly in deference to Coach Brown because he knows the players better than all of us), altitude physiologicaly SHOULD not play a part of this.

Most mountains in Vermont and New Hampshire are at 4000 (ski mountains) and to this day I have not heard of one altitude problem. Altitude issues usually crop up at or OVER a mile high

For example, (and including DP's story at 6000+ feet) I was ok in Denver, and two days later I got sick as a dog up in Breckenridge....until I acclimated, however we are talking 11,000+ feet. Ironically, I hiked the Flatirons in Boulder (infinitely higher than Denver at I believe 8k) without issue a few days after that, but got the icks again in Denver. Remember...I had acclimated for about a week prior to the back end illness.

Bottom line: Altitude issues can attack at any time...even to the most in shape players, however 4k is unlikely to have that kind of affect. The three players who may have an issue, unfortunately could be our most important ones: Connelly, Gifford (the kid is still working on getting his strength after losing that baby weight); and B. Wilson (the flu). All are important to us in the Utah matchup.

In reality, we are playing two very good basketball teams and the altitude, while an added impedament, most likely will not determine the outcome.

I HAVE FAITH THAT BROWN WILL HAVE THE BOYS READY.

BTW....I hope the training staff has the following three things on hand: Ibuprofen, Pedialyte, and EMERGEN C (those little packets...most mountain livers SWEAR BY THE STUFF). All combat the aftermath of an altitude attack. Those, and PLENTY OF FLUIDS BEFORE THEY EVEN BOARD THE PLANE!!!!

GOOD LUCK COACH BROWN, the staff, and most importantly the players; These could be two huge ones for the end of the year. I will be listening....from the lodge at 4241 feet up in Killington....altitude sickness free...snowboard and ONE BEER in tow.

Archived