UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bracketology - 1/3

Tell Lunardi to stop making predictions based almost entirely on the most recent game or games, and to consider the season as a whole.

(Not that Vermont is not a good team, but if one night UAlbany wins and UVM loses, I bet he will switch his pick. It is this type of reactionary journalism that reminds me to always form my own opinion.....UAlbany, all the time.)

Haggy,

I didn't say that I agree with him just reporting the facts. Also interesting to note that Siena got the 13th seed, from a league that is one below us in the overall RPI rankings. That alone makes this bracket crap!

Bosiydid-

Not a personal attack on you at all...I am just tired of everything and everyone associated with the Egregiously Self-Promoting Network, and wanted to vent (albeit minimally) about that flip-flopper Lunardi.

Haggy,

I didn't say that I agree with him just reporting the facts. Also interesting to note that Siena got the 13th seed, from a league that is one below us in the overall RPI rankings. That alone makes this bracket crap!

Seeding is based on the individual team, not the league average. Siena's RPI (and ours) will probably drop as the top teams play the bottom-feeders of our low-ranked conferences.

All of them? Interesting, considering it is not that much of a stronger conference (not exactly the Colonial.)

I would be interested in knowing who they are going to pick to face Iona....that should be riveting.

Anyways, I'm off to the Varsity Club pre-party with my newly printed "Free Carl Ross" T-shirt in tow.

Let's hope for the best tonight, and Go Great Danes!

All of them? Interesting, considering it is not that much of a stronger conference (not exactly the Colonial.)

I would be interested in knowing who they are going to pick to face Iona....that should be riveting.

Anyways, I'm off to the Varsity Club pre-party with my newly printed "Free Carl Ross" T-shirt in tow.

Let's hope for the best tonight, and Go Great Danes!

Yes all of the maac teams. It is the number one thing that has diluted the original intent of bracketbuster which is to showcase possible tournament teams. In any event I have a better chance of being on TV for bracketbuster at this point than Iona. Iona and most likely 8 other maac teams not named marist will be playing in the non Televised portion of the bracketbuster.

Siena over Marist?

Lunardi is a permanent slave to the temporary RPI.

Haggy

You are right there. And the RPI is a very flawed formula. I am not going to take the time to look it up , but I would think if you took the top team today in each conference in RPI, the Sagarin and the Pomeroy the RPI would have the fewest teams in the field of 64 come March .

You are right there. And the RPI is a very flawed formula. I am not going to take the time to look it up , but I would think if you took the top team today in each conference in RPI, the Sagarin and the Pomeroy the RPI would have the fewest teams in the field of 64 come March .

The RPI certainly has its problems until you get nearer the end of the season. However the RPI at season-end last year was more predictive than Sagarin or Pomeroy in terms of who got into the tournament. Of the Top 45 in the RPI, only five teams did not get into the tournament (Missouri State, Hofstra, Creighton, Cincinnati, and St Joes). Eight of Sagarin's Top 45 did not get in, and nine of Pomeroy's Top 45 didn't get in.

The RPI, of course, has the advantage of being the formula that was specifically created by the NCAA to evaluate teams and, as such, it carries a lot of weight in the selection process.

The RPI certainly has its problems until you get nearer the end of the season. However the RPI at season-end last year was more predictive than Sagarin or Pomeroy in terms of who got into the tournament. Of the Top 45 in the RPI, only five teams did not get into the tournament (Missouri State, Hofstra, Creighton, Cincinnati, and St Joes). Eight of Sagarin's Top 45 did not get in, and nine of Pomeroy's Top 45 didn't get in.

The RPI, of course, has the advantage of being the formula that was specifically created by the NCAA to evaluate teams and, as such, it carries a lot of weight in the selection process.

bison welcome to the board and thanks for your well thought out post.

SSS

Archived