UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UVM Post game thoughts

was at the game. There were only 2 offensive options today, and it hurt. Brent was never really in the flow. the team was very physically tired in the second half. This stretch of games and travel took its toll. UVM is a very good team, but they can be had

Jamar stands alone----1861 points--------------139 to hit 2000

Watched the game on AETV on the web. Just a few observations and I hate to be critical but the team is having several glaring problems that will haunt them the rest of the way. We don't want to go back to Patrick gym in March so we better take care of business the rest of the way figuring Vermont may end up somewhere around 12-4, 13-3 or even better.

--Jamar and Siggers scored 56 of the 66. no balance at all. Jamar had too many dippsy-doodle moves in second half against 4 defenders and the blown dunk was inexcusable when we need a bucket. Screw trying to silence the crowd and lay it in. Siggers was a warrior, imagine him at full strength, but he was tired at the end

---NO production at center, Covington/Gifford had 2 points and 2 rebounds!! Miss "K" even more now. Holm(12 pts, 11 boards)was a stud compared to our guys. Coach has to find an answer.

---I'm sorry, but I have to criticize Brent. If he doesn't get open looks from the perimeter, he has no chance of scoring. He has to be more consistant, for every game he has 15-20 points, there is another with 3-6 points. Look at the box scores.

---Iati has no chance to heat up and break a sweat with 2-3 minutes a game

---the bench. look at Vermonts bench yesterday compared to ours. Except for Connelly, we are getting nothing.

I know we are dealing with this season, But we know Coach has to to always look forward for the program with his 5 year deal. If you subtract Jamar and Jasons scoring next year, who the heck will score any points next season? The reason I mention this is something that happened last season with Siggers. Played more and more as time went on and we realized he can score and that has helped him this season. We need to find that guy on the bench who can start that climb up the ladder, help us now and help us next season. Can't rely on Raffa and Allen to provide that as freshmen.

No one on the schedule in the next 8 games is that good where we can't beat them all if we play a solid game of 40 minute defense along with balanced scoring. The season depends on this stretch.

GO DANES!!!!

Fantastic post NYSteve; I had the same feelings about Brent while watching the VT game yesterday. He can get very hot, but there are times when he is ice cold for long stretches of the game. The team really needs to give everyone else a few more touches. I've gone to every home game this year and watched the VT game yesterday and i can't help but scream for someone to give the ball to Gifford. I was very excited to see what this kid could do and i know he's a freshman and he's been hurt and has been adjusting to weight loss and the speed of the game, but please just toss it in there to him! When he does take his shot it looks gorgeous (a hook shot in the Siena game comes to mind). I want him to get some looks and see what this kid can do for us.

Not a catastophic loss, especially considering the venue and the competition. Once Brent gets back into rhythm the team will be much better. Hopefully go 8-0 at home, win half or more of the games on the road, and go 12-4 or 13-3. If not, there is a harder trip to the conference final, but nothing I think the team cannot handle.

And before anyone confronts me (DanePound, stuck in Vermont) about 'Freeing Carl Ross', I know he had a bad game, but I hope the future is a bit brighter.

Stony Brook.....get ready.

And shouldn't UVM be UVT, or is the community too far removed from a real academic institution, such as UAlbany, where they teach state abbreviations?

Not a catastophic loss, especially considering the venue and the competition. Once Brent gets back into rhythm the team will be much better. Hopefully go 8-0 at home, win half or more of the games on the road, and go 12-4 or 13-3. If not, there is a harder trip to the conference final, but nothing I think the team cannot handle.

And before anyone confronts me (DanePound, stuck in Vermont) about 'Freeing Carl Ross', I know he had a bad game, but I hope the future is a bit brighter.

Stony Brook.....get ready.

And shouldn't UVM be UVT, or is the community too far removed from a real academic institution, such as UAlbany, where they teach state abbreviations?

The University of Vermont and State Agricultural College, or simply "The University of Vermont," is a public university located in Burlington, Vermont. The university was chartered at the impetus of Ira Allen in 1791, under the name "University of the Green Mountains," or in Latin Universitas Viridis Montis (UVM),

The University of Vermont and State Agricultural College, or simply "The University of Vermont," is a public university located in Burlington, Vermont. The university was chartered at the impetus of Ira Allen in 1791, under the name "University of the Green Mountains," or in Latin Universitas Viridis Montis (UVM),

Nice research.

I just felt like providing some levity in light of the recent loss, but it is good to know that there is some reasoning for this apparent error.

Thank you.

Nice research.

I just felt like providing some levity in light of the recent loss, but it is good to know that there is some reasoning for this apparent error.

Thank you.

The University of Vermont, or UVM. Also, known as one of the "Public Ivies"

UVM is a veteran team with a lot of young talent. Not sure if Brent Wilson was 100%. He was substituted for early in the first half and second half and that is not usual. He played smart but not with his usual energy. In defense of Gifford and Covington--they are 1st and 2nd year players against Holms and Klimes who are 5th year Seniors ---McIntosh and Trimponi are another story.

Admittedly I was frustrated with the way Ross played in the minutes he recieved. I guess I'm still waiting for him to provide the spark Siggers did last year when he worked his way into the system. He can still help us and hopefully does (soon).

The last 8 minutes of that game just about everyone on the court looked physically drained to me. UVM had some guys come off the bench to deliver the finally knock out punch and we didn't have anyone. Really not the position I thought we'd be in come January but there's still a long way to go. Our head is bloody but unbowed.

Got a better look at Gifford yesterday than I have in a while. It's an amazing difference from when I saw him in October. That was a fine looking move he put on Holm yesterday, I'm with those who'd like to see him get the ball a little more.

Admittedly I was frustrated with the way Ross played in the minutes he recieved. I guess I'm still waiting for him to provide the spark Siggers did last year when he worked his way into the system. He can still help us and hopefully does (soon).

The last 8 minutes of that game just about everyone on the court looked physically drained to me. UVM had some guys come off the bench to deliver the finally knock out punch and we didn't have anyone. Really not the position I thought we'd be in come January but there's still a long way to go. Our head is bloody but unbowed.

Got a better look at Gifford yesterday than I have in a while. It's an amazing difference from when I saw him in October. That was a fine looking move he put on Holm yesterday, I'm with those who'd like to see him get the ball a little more.

Once Gifford is 100%--Will needs to give him more minutes. The noticeable thing yesterday was that we have a bench that is not used. Lonergan was running them in and out. That helped provide the knockout punch.

UVM is going to struggle at some point of the year. Two key stats that the announcers during the game pointed out Vermont is last in Free Throw percentage, and they lead the league in turnovers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Maine beat them at home on Thursday and for Bing to win on Saturday. UVM plays 3 out of their next 4 games on the road which in our confrence road games are going to be hard to win this season. We need to focus on SBU tomorrow and protect the house.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Maine beat them at home on Thursday and for Bing to win on Saturday. UVM plays 3 out of their next 4 games on the road which in our confrence road games are going to be hard to win this season. We need to focus on SBU tomorrow and protect the house.

I hope the weather doesn't get so bad that people can't come out.

Not sure if Brent Wilson was 100%. He was substituted for early in the first half and second half and that is not usual. He played smart but not with his usual energy.

The T-U said yesterday that Brent hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days, and he was seen to be asking to come out a few times.

Archived