UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany vs. University of Maine (02/07/07)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was your take on going into Vermont and beating them earlier this season? How does Maine matchup against Vermont?

The Maine win over Vermont was the Kevin Reed show at the end of the game.....he carried us to the win. I think that Vermont is the better team overall, but they are also more inexperienced and less athletic (especially inside) IMO. Maine seems to match up pretty well with the Catamounts (although Trapani was out) and seems to "have their number" as much as anyone else in the league. It'll be interesting to see how the game in Orono goes.

Gifford looked good.

That's all I have.

Thats ridiculous. The team is played hard, but Gifford is awful. He has NO hands. He gets the ripped from him all the time. When he tries to make a move he either travels or gets stripped. He got a few boards when the ball went right to him. He needs to do more.

Gifford looked good.

That's all I have.

Thats ridiculous. The team is played hard, but Gifford is awful. He has NO hands. He gets the ripped from him all the time. When he tries to make a move he either travels or gets stripped. He got a few boards when the ball went right to him. He needs to do more.

No offense, suffice to say, Daneaholic and Alexfamous no about this much (my finger an millimeter apart) about strategic hoops.

If you do know hoops, and I am wrong, I suggest you re-watch the game. GIFFORD PLAYED WELL...showed soft hands, did some good fronting, and made a great move out of the double to get the ball up the court.

HIS HANDS ARE VERY GOOD. If you are referring to that one rebound that went off his hands...OK...but that was one play. Yes he got stripped one time on a slap of the ball from the weakside. However, these are the types of comments Will is talking about. You people comment on basketball like you have a strategic understanding...when clearly you do not. The players dont need to hear stuff that is baseless. Granted, they are smart enough to brush it off, but I expect more out of Dane fans.

Gifford and Connelly combined for 11 and 9 after Covington went out with his foul trouble. The big men from Maine were neutralized. I will take that out of the 5 spot...any day of the week.

Yes, Gifford had some TO's...but so did the rest of the Danes. Gifford will be just fine...and those who truly understand the game...REALIZE THIS.

Before you respond with a "whatever guy...what do you know", why dont you FACTUALLY reply with what Gifford did wrong in this game.

Kinda like the fools who said Covington had a awful game versus Boston U. RIGHT......

I referring to him traveling when he makes moves. When he goes up for rebounds he gets the ball taken from him. Trust me dont question by basketball knowledge. He is so bad that when he does anything right you will applaud it. Look I want him to do good, but I not gonna love on him like you just because he plays for UA. He looks like a deer in headlights when ever he gets the ball. He is a turnover machine and a fouling machine. Check the stats.

Gifford looked good.

That's all I have.

No offense, suffice to say, Daneaholic and Alexfamous no about this much (my finger an millimeter apart) about strategic hoops.

If you do know hoops, and I am wrong, I suggest you re-watch the game. GIFFORD PLAYED WELL...showed soft hands, did some good fronting, and made a great move out of the double to get the ball up the court.

HIS HANDS ARE VERY GOOD. If you are referring to that one rebound that went off his hands...OK...but that was one play. Yes he got stripped one time on a slap of the ball from the weakside. However, these are the types of comments Will is talking about. You people comment on basketball like you have a strategic understanding...when clearly you do not. The players dont need to hear stuff that is baseless. Granted, they are smart enough to brush it off, but I expect more out of Dane fans.

Gifford and Connelly combined for 11 and 9 after Covington went out with his foul trouble. The big men from Maine were neutralized. I will take that out of the 5 spot...any day of the week.

Yes, Gifford had some TO's...but so did the rest of the Danes. Gifford will be just fine...and those who truly understand the game...REALIZE THIS.

Before you respond with a "whatever guy...what do you know", why dont you FACTUALLY reply with what Gifford did wrong in this game.

Kinda like the fools who said Covington had a awful game versus Boston U. RIGHT......

ok well if jimmy was in foul trouble then there is also yocum too who can come off the bench...i like yocum way better than gifford.

I referring to him traveling when he makes moves. When he goes up for rebounds he gets the ball taken from him. Trust me dont question by basketball knowledge. He is so bad that when he does anything right you will applaud it. Look I want him to do good, but I not gonna love on him like you just because he plays for UA. He looks like a deer in headlights when ever he gets the ball. He is a turnover machine and a fouling machine. Check the stats.

Trust you? No, I do not. My basketball instincts, knowledge, and ability to scout players tells me you are wrong.

As for Yocum, I do believe he should get some more time.

In perfect world, both would have red-shirted.

Again, Gifford is doing just what is expected from a 6'11 frosh in this league.

Taylor Coppenrath...a no name until his Soph (redshirt year).

In fact, go ahead, tell me all the things he does wrong. I know my own credentials and others on the board. I also know what members of the staff, and those close to the staff, think of the kid.

I TRUST ALL OF US BEFORE YOU.

Archived