UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany has no tickets left for Vermont game

This was just emailed to all students (both undergrad and grad)..

"To All Students:

As most of you know, our men's basketball team will take on the University of Vermont Catamounts for the America East Men's Basketball Championship this Saturday at Vermont. Student Association has purchased tickets for students and will begin selling them tomorrow, March 7th, starting at 12:00 p.m.

Tickets will be available for $10 at Copies Plus on the first floor of the Campus Center. Students can pay by credit card, cash, or Podium account. Tickets include optional bus transportation (compliments of the Division for Student Success) and are available on a first-come first-served basis, one ticket per student. Please have your SUNY ID available.

The buses to Vermont will leave campus Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m. from the Science Library Bus Turnaround and will depart for Albany 30 minutes after the game ends.

Please note that a limited number of tickets are available and are expected to sell quickly.

GO DANES!

Nicholas Chiuchiolo

President, Student Association

University at Albany

(518)442-5640"

"To All Students:

As most of you know, our men's basketball team will take on the University of Vermont Catamounts for the America East Men's Basketball Championship this Saturday at Vermont. Student Association has purchased tickets for students and will begin selling them tomorrow, March 7th, starting at 12:00 p.m.

Tickets will be available for $10 at Copies Plus on the first floor of the Campus Center. Students can pay by credit card, cash, or Podium account. Tickets include optional bus transportation (compliments of the Division for Student Success) and are available on a first-come first-served basis, one ticket per student. Please have your SUNY ID available.

From what I understand, there are only about 100 student tickets available as described above. If you are eligible for a student ticket - it's a good idea to get there early. (The Campus Center opens @ 7:30.)

Good luck & CU in the land of Ben & Jerry

OOps Forgot to mention. There will be 2 large screens in the Campus Center Commons & a brand new 42" LCD HDTV in the Main Lounge for those who want to watch it in the Campus Center Saturday

If I were a current student, I'd be camping out in the Campus Center the moment that message was sent out to the student body! Does anyone know whether there are students camping out already?

This just plain blows for us who live off-campus and who have classes in-progress at noon (ones where papers are do no less). I'd love to go, but what's worth the sacrifice?

And to boisydid, I'd be rooting for the Danes all the way...and booing UVM.

If I were a current student, I'd be camping out in the Campus Center the moment that message was sent out to the student body! Does anyone know whether there are students camping out already?

Oh geez, now you're tempting me to walk over there to check and see. Although I don't think there would be any because, as GDBD mentioned, the CC opens at 7:30a..and it closes at night. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a line start early tomorrow morning.

i can tell you push-up guy and the rest of the insane asylum have come to the conclusion that they are just gonna watch the game either in the campus center or in their appartment together. I will be joining them. GBDB, ignore the PM I sent you.

Oh geez, now you're tempting me to walk over there to check and see. Although I don't think there would be any because, as GDBD mentioned, the CC opens at 7:30a..and it closes at night. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a line start early tomorrow morning.

i can tell you push-up guy and the rest of the insane asylum have come to the conclusion that they are just gonna watch the game either in the campus center or in their appartment together. I will be joining them. GBDB, ignore the PM I sent you.

It's too bad that push-up guy and his crew won't be there. They are great fans! You guys will be missed in Burlington, but, of course, I'd ask you to reconsider the attempt to get tickets. Perhaps getting to sleep early tonight and hitting up the line in the AM? :unsure:

My only thought is that while there are only 100 tickets for students, it is 7:30am and $25 and involves a 3-hour trip on Saturday. Perhaps the student demand won't be that profound (meaning there won't be an immediate rush to get in line at 7:30am?)? Hmmm ....

This just plain blows for us who live off-campus and who have classes in-progress at noon (ones where papers are do no less). I'd love to go, but what's worth the sacrifice?

And to boisydid, I'd be rooting for the Danes all the way...and booing UVM.

As for the paper due at noon, could you turn the paper in with the professor's secretary or mailbox prior to 12noon? If it were me, I'd hand deliver the paper to the department secretary/assistant, or the professor's mailbox (or have a friend in line do it for you --- or even e-mail it as an attachment if the professor accepts attachments), and send an e-mail tonight explaining why you won't be in class or why you will be late. You could be honest or simply state that you can't make the class for personal reasons? I'm not advocating that students should skip classes (well, heck yes I am actually); I'm simply discussing what I'd do, but I, of course, don't know the situation for those who have classes or work that has to be turned in! I would also love to see the students who put the time and effort into posting messages on this forum (and who read the posts) to get tickets. You student fans are great, and you deserve to go!

As for the paper due at noon, could you turn the paper in with the professor's secretary or mailbox prior to 12noon?

I could drop it off at the start of class, problem is the class for that day is a small group critique of said papers. I could find some loophole or hope people are dumb and don't check their school e-mails. If there's no line or a small line, a well-timed "bathroom break" could be the ticket:).

As for the paper due at noon, could you turn the paper in with the professor's secretary or mailbox prior to 12noon?

I could drop it off at the start of class, problem is the class for that day is a small group critique of said papers. I could find some loophole or hope people are dumb and don't check their school e-mails. If there's no line or a small line, a well-timed "bathroom break" could be the ticket:).

Haha, now that's some good thinkin'! How funny would that be; hit the b-room up and score a ticket?!

Archived