UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Anthony Raffa

• 3 weeks later...
from the TU Blog==Insight on the Raffa "Situation" will he or won't he be a Great dane next season???

http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?cat=6

BAD NEWS! Raffa is a academic nonqualifier as per Singelais Blog. His letter of intent is void and he is free to sign elsewhere if he chooses after prep school. So much for our "point guard of the future". How does this affect our roster? can we add another athlete? more minutes for Iati or back to Lillis at the point? the plot thickens.

Hope my fellow boards mates are having a great summer! sorry to break this news to you all.

Josh Martin will run the point, and probably was signed because Raffa's status was unclear. I'm not terrible worried, and I don't think it's a total leap of logic to suggest that when coach said he had two players signed for next year, he meant Raffa and Chauncy Gilliam. Coach Brown has a great record of sticking with recruits, from the early get go, I think there is a great chance he'll simply come next year. Now we just need to find a replacement for Brent Wilson (per Coach Brown). This isn't the end of the world as far as I'm concerned.

Josh Martin will run the point, and probably was signed because Raffa's status was unclear. I'm not terrible worried, and I don't think it's a total leap of logic to suggest that when coach said he had two players signed for next year, he meant Raffa and Chauncy Gilliam. Coach Brown has a great record of sticking with recruits, from the early get go, I think there is a great chance he'll simply come next year. Now we just need to find a replacement for Brent Wilson (per Coach Brown). This isn't the end of the world as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. I think Coach expects Raffa to stick to his word...though of course, the kid IS human.

Good luck in Winchedon...and I will go check out his game once in a bit

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the JUCO kids also a point (Robert Moores). This will add better balance to next years class as this years class was very large and one less isn't gonna kill us. Now I truly hope this kids sticks to his word but he is as Dane said only human. Howard Little also committed went to prep (in California)and changed his mind going to Valpo. Time will tell but this didn't send me into a panic. If he comes next year.....Great....I expect him to but what do I know.

P.S. Where is scrabble when you need to hear that the sky is falling.... :lol:

1. I guess the blog comments about the rumors on the internet boards were a bit premature...

2. Josh Martin is supposed to be very good, haven't heard as much about Moores but there have been some nice comments about him as well. That said, even if Raffa were attending, it would still be unreasonable to expect any of these young players to make a significant difference. IMO, this year will be about improved post play, leadership from Brent Wilson and Brian Lillis and finding a player or two that can contribute from the transfers / freshmen.

In addition, ESPN's recruiting service to which I have full access rates both Raffa and Josh 75. We don't know if Raffa is better then Josh or vice versa since we haven't seen either play, but for what it's worth (not much) they are similarly slotted in the recruiting ranks.

Re: Raffa, not the best news of this morning, but I agree that every recruit, regardless of hype and high school stats, is a crap shoot.

With such talent in the small men the past few years the offense was understandably designed to accentuate that. I'd like to see a commitment to moving some of the offense a little closer to the rim this year. Hopefully Gifford has added bulk. He's demonstrated a soft touch that Zoellner never had and once in a while some great potential was very visible. If he brings some new size, he brings a lot of new possibilities both ways. And if the 6-8, 270 kid from Houston shows something (wasn't he top 40 Texas HS), that will be a lot of beef inside.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the JUCO kids also a point (Robert Moores). This will add better balance to next years class as this years class was very large and one less isn't gonna kill us. Now I truly hope this kids sticks to his word but he is as Dane said only human. Howard Little also committed went to prep (in California)and changed his mind going to Valpo. Time will tell but this didn't send me into a panic. If he comes next year.....Great....I expect him to but what do I know.

He's probably out stocking up on canned goods and bottled water!

He's probably out stocking up on canned goods and bottled water!

HA.... :lol: That actually got me to LOL.

Archived