UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Barbados

I was under the impression that the team is heading of to China this year. Is this not the case? I know there are limitations on how many trips of this kind a team can go on in a span of a year or two. Perhaps the China trip is off.

I don't totally remember what I heard on this a while back. I can't make either the trip to China or the Barbados trip so I didn't mark this on my calendar. But, I thought the Barbados trip right after school starts replaced the other planned trip because the new players were allowed to go on a trip after school starts as opposed to only returning players going on a trip during the summer. Also expect this to be around the labor day holiday as there are rules to not missing classes for a trip like this.

1. Teams can take a trip such as this one no more than once every four years.

2. Trips can only take place when classes are not in session, so if it is taken on Labor Day weekend it presumably can't be for more than three days.

3. As the article says, incoming freshmen can participate, but they cannot practice with the team until after classes start.

Hope everyone obtained their passport; I hear there is a couple-month wait right now for passports.

I think if you're willing to pay the higher fee you can get them fairly quickly. I know people traveling on business can get the expedited package in two weeks or so although that may have changed.

With so many new faces on the roster this kind of trip seems like a great idea for guys to get to know one another and play together. A great trip except maybe for Coach Brown who doesn't like the beach and doesn't like seafood.

Last I heard, expedited passport apps were taking over 6 weeks to get. Regular applications were pushing 3 or 4 months (not enough staffing to process them and new procesing centers on the way).

But you can use your passport application to travel to Canada, Mexico and the Caribean if you got screwed because of the gov'ts inability to predict everyone wanting one.

You can always drive to Conn. and get it same day! For about $300 i think and the thought of a Passport office makes the DMV look tame.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO this trip and the practice leading up to it....AUG 25th can be a huge boost to the team. Not only will they get that much more practice time but will also get into some real/competitive games to sort out some of the new guys and see who falls where. It was a great move to schedule this trip for this year. I can't see a better year to use this opportunity on then this year, as you are allowed to do it once every 4 years.

Archived