UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2005-06 versus 2006-07

Okay so I was watching the 2006 AE championship game tonight and it made me think which team was stronger the 2005-06 team lead by Jamar, Lu, Levi, Zoe and the Iowa connection or 2006-07 with the Wilson's, Siggers, Lillis, Connelly, Iati.

My vote would be for the 2005-06 team what do other people think?

Okay so I was watching the 2006 AE championship game tonight and it made me think which team was stronger the 2005-06 team lead by Jamar, Lu, Levi, Zoe and the Iowa connection or 2006-07 with the Wilson's, Siggers, Lillis, Connelly, Iati.

My vote would be for the 2005-06 team what do other people think?

I think there is a football season around the corner...and people should start talking about it. No offense...but if we want to be the well rounded school we proclaim to be...it would be nice.

I think that is what the "crickets" and "Rashad" and "captains" posts were about.

That being said, totally different teams...but I vote for 05-06

I would also vote 05/06, that team was as good as it's been in the 3 years I've watched them. Don't laugh....I know it's only been 3 years but this will be number 4 and I'll have a bit more to compare that team to.

As to what Dan96 said.....strictly speaking about myself, but I really don't have the knowledge to hold even the most basic of discussion with anyone. I've never followed college football let alone FCS football. That will change this coming season as I'll try to soak in as much as possible. In the meantime I enjoy the insight you and others (danefan, reeder, ruler etc.) have regarding our football team. I also spend a decent amount of time reading the forums on AGS as there is allot of information there.

Also, if I may add....when the season starts be patient with us newbees and if any silly questions come up see them for what they are, questions from a very new audience. I know I'm one of the people in this position and I also remember UA_2000 saying something similar. It takes time to develop a good, sound fan base.

I'll be watching this season like a hawk.

Gentlemen,

Ask away. I am sure that besides Danefan, reeder, ruler, myself, there are plenty others (UAlumn is at many games) that can help you out.

Camp opens on the 5th. Bottom line...if the newbies on the line pan out and Blasinsky is all that he is touted as...we will have a good shot at 8-3 or 9-2. With our schedule...that is amazing considering we have only 20 or so rides this year (I think the full amount is next year of 30).

The defense...will be STRAIGHT UP TOP 20 in my opnion. They are a deep and strong unit, especially our linebackers.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you guys may have. The more educated the people are about this level of football, the more you will come to appreciate it. Its the highest level of "Championship" football in the NCAA and we are on the way up the ladder. :D

Also volleyball starts it's season in just over three weeks. Much like basketball this year in the post-Jamar era they'll be starting the post-Buchanan era. Hopefully more good times are in store at the Old Gym this year.

I'm voting for the 06-07 team. To me they seemed tougher last year and posted the same record with the same post-season results in a more difficult conference. All with the target firmly placed on their back.

Archived