UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East Basketball Schedule?

It seems a little silly that the America East has yet to release the conference basketball schedule for this season -- no? I suppose it does not have so much of an impact on myself and other fans, but what about family and friends of players who might want to travel to see their loved ones play during the season? Flights and hotels have to be booked, etc.

Maybe I'm just anxious, but doesn't practice start in just 3 weeks?

I think ( not sure of this) the delay is caused by the TV schedule - with the AE being on the short end of the stick our conference usually gets the leftover regional and national games and the AE wants to spread the games around but also wants to make sure the conference airs good games so rather then announce a schedule and then have to change or adjust it they wait to see what TV games the AE will have.

That's what happens when your conference is still in the bottom 3rd.

This is on ESPN site. Will it change or be announced officially?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teamsched?te...seasonYear=2008

2007-2008

DATE OPPONENT TIME/RESULT RECORD TELEVISION

11/10 at Bucknell 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

11/14 at Central Connecticut State 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

11/18 Columbia TBA Tickets | Travel

11/21 Lehigh TBA Tickets | Travel

11/25 Sacred Heart 3:00 PM Tickets | Travel

12/1 at Siena 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

12/5 at Delaware 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

12/8 at St. Bonaventure 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

12/16 St. Francis (NY) TBA Tickets | Travel

12/17 at Duke 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

12/23 Boise State TBA Tickets | Travel

12/30 at Iowa State 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel

01/4 at New Hampshire TBA Tickets | Travel

01/7 Vermont TBA Tickets | Travel

01/10 at Stony Brook TBA Tickets | Travel

01/13 Binghamton TBA Tickets | Travel

01/17 at Boston University TBA Tickets | Travel

01/20 at Hartford TBA Tickets | Travel

01/24 Maine TBA Tickets | Travel

01/31 at Maryland-Baltimore County TBA Tickets | Travel

02/3 Stony Brook TBA Tickets | Travel

02/7 New Hampshire TBA Tickets | Travel

02/10 Hartford TBA Tickets | Travel

02/12 at Vermont TBA Tickets | Travel

02/15 at Maine TBA Tickets | Travel

02/21 Maryland-Baltimore County TBA Tickets | Travel

02/28 at Binghamton TBA Tickets | Travel

03/3 Boston University TBA Tickets | Travel

Have dates changed in the last half hour? Most are one day earlier. The link now shows

11/10 at Bucknell 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

11/14 at Central Connecticut State 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

11/17 Columbia TBA Tickets | Travel

11/20 Lehigh TBA Tickets | Travel

11/25 Sacred Heart 3:00 PM Tickets | Travel

12/1 at Siena 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

12/5 at Delaware 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

12/8 at St. Bonaventure 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

12/15 St. Francis (NY) TBA Tickets | Travel

12/17 at Duke 7:00 PM Tickets | Travel

12/22 Boise State TBA Tickets | Travel

12/30 at Iowa State 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel

01/3 at New Hampshire TBA Tickets | Travel

01/6 Vermont TBA Tickets | Travel

01/9 at Stony Brook TBA Tickets | Travel

01/12 Binghamton TBA Tickets | Travel

01/16 at Boston University TBA Tickets | Travel

01/19 at Hartford TBA Tickets | Travel

01/23 Maine TBA Tickets | Travel

01/30 at Maryland-Baltimore County TBA Tickets | Travel

02/2 Stony Brook TBA Tickets | Travel

02/6 New Hampshire TBA Tickets | Travel

02/9 Hartford TBA Tickets | Travel

02/11 at Vermont TBA Tickets | Travel

02/14 at Maine TBA Tickets | Travel

02/20 Maryland-Baltimore County TBA Tickets | Travel

02/27 at Binghamton TBA Tickets | Travel

03/2 Boston University TBA Tickets | Travel

All times ET. Schedules do not include games where an opponent has yet to be determined.

'72, yours looks like it would make a bit more sense. The 2/2 or 2/9 game must be the Big Purple Growl, correct? IIRC, it's always on a Saturday in early/mid Feb, and that's when those two home games are. While playing Bingo in last years BPG was fun, I'm kinda glad to see us play someone else in that game as we already have decent attendence totals for the Bingo contest. Playing Stony Brook for it on 2/2 would be kinda fun.

'72, yours looks like it would make a bit more sense. The 2/2 or 2/9 game must be the Big Purple Growl, correct? IIRC, it's always on a Saturday in early/mid Feb, and that's when those two home games are. While playing Bingo in last years BPG was fun, I'm kinda glad to see us play someone else in that game as we already have decent attendence totals for the Bingo contest. Playing Stony Brook for it on 2/2 would be kinda fun.

The BPG is also always a doubleheader with the women's team. To be honest, if the BPG is held on either of those early February dates you suggested, neither potential opponent particularly rouses me.

If the league schedule posted here is accurate, I noticed that the games appear relatively evenly spaced out. There were some issues last season that seemed to create a problem with Coach Brown, if you remember.

Look at it the other way. It can be a sell out because the students aren't here. The students don't buy the tickets. Hopefully our local fan base will turn out in droves for all the extra seats available. Vermont will certainly bring a large contingent down, they always have. There are plenty of local students and UA teams in town to help fill SEFCU arena.

Pretty poor conference schedule for road games from my point of view. Only one on a weekend - Hartford - will make it tough to make any other games. More to the point it will make it tough for Albany fans to show up in any number. Scheduling the Albany at Bing game on a Wednesday is awful.

By the same token, Vermont fans who travel really well won't have much of an opportunity to do so because they don't have many weekend games either.

Pretty poor conference schedule for road games from my point of view. Only one on a weekend - Hartford - will make it tough to make any other games. More to the point it will make it tough for Albany fans to show up in any number. Scheduling the Albany at Bing game on a Wednesday is awful.

By the same token, Vermont fans who travel really well won't have much of an opportunity to do so because they don't have many weekend games either.

DP, excellent point. I noticed the same thing. So much for taking several weekend trips in '08 to see UAlbany hoops action.

DP, excellent point. I noticed the same thing. So much for taking several weekend trips in '08 to see UAlbany hoops action.

I would still like to make a couple of road games. BU, Binghamton, Vermont, and Hartford are all close enough to get back by midnight and go to work the next day.

Archived