UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Construction planned?

GreatDanes06

so I was driving on campus and the practice field area the football team usually plays is all gated off down to the road, and right near the SEFCU parking lot entrance, there are 3 big bulldozers. Is there construction I did not hear about going on?

it would sweet if there was. it may have something to do with the environmental study for the stadium? who knows

I sat in on a GIS demonstration last week at the DEC and I was thinking I should either bother them for information on the stadium project, or just file a FOIL request to see what's been submitted. So far, however, it seems pretty quiet on the DEC side, but I will keep my ear to the ground.

(And don't you just love the acronyms?)

so I was driving on campus and the practice field area the football team usually plays is all gated off down to the road, and right near the SEFCU parking lot entrance, there are 3 big bulldozers. Is there construction I did not hear about going on?

This is demonstration phase of the Purple Path project, which will be a walk/run/bike path around campus.

This area is the last link around campus perimeter that did not have a developed surface.

You can go here and click on the location for a project update

http://www.albany.edu/facilities/projects/...ork_viewer.html

or go here

http://albany.edu/dept/mumford/ihi/web/Pro...urplePathFV.pdf

for a comprehensive description

• 4 weeks later...

One of our posters makes the front page of the local section re: the Purple Path

X00178_9_1019200730901PM.jpg

University at Albany employee Greg Rickes takes a mid-day run through campus Friday, Oct. 19. The area will soon have a new running path. (Michael P. Farrell / Times Union)

This is demonstration phase of the Purple Path project, which will be a walk/run/bike path around campus.

This area is the last link around campus perimeter that did not have a developed surface.

You can go here and click on the location for a project update

http://www.albany.edu/facilities/projects/...ork_viewer.html

or go here

http://albany.edu/dept/mumford/ihi/web/Pro...urplePathFV.pdf

for a comprehensive description

"Comprehensive" is to put it mildly -- what a detailed report! Very nice job by those involved. I thought the case studies of Cornell and Stonybrook were interesting and persuasive, as were the usage statistics at the end.

"Comprehensive" is to put it mildly -- what a detailed report! Very nice job by those involved. I thought the case studies of Cornell and Stonybrook were interesting and persuasive, as were the usage statistics at the end.

The Purple Path seems like a nice project, but if a bike path warrants a 121 page internal report, I dread to see the amount of correspondence that would be involved with a multi-million dollar stadium project.

One of our posters makes the front page of the local section re: the Purple Path

X00178_9_1019200730901PM.jpg

University at Albany employee Greg Rickes takes a mid-day run through campus Friday, Oct. 19. The area will soon have a new running path. (Michael P. Farrell / Times Union)

The photographer was lucky to get an image of him. To the naked eye he's usually just a blur when he runs.

The Purple Path seems like a nice project, but if a bike path warrants a 121 page internal report, I dread to see the amount of correspondence that would be involved with a multi-million dollar stadium project.

I don't think the report was necessary. I think it was done by a graduate student for a grade.

I don't think the report was necessary. I think it was done by a graduate student for a grade.

Agreed, but you have to figure every incoming business student will be doing a similar report on the stadium project. Add that to volumes of legalese and bureaucratic oversight (not to mention the public battles both for and against), and I think we will be swimming in paper. Being only half facetious, I wonder if they consider how much paper will be used/wasted discussing the stadium when they complete the environmental impact study.

I say we just start building it this weekend and get it over with.

Agreed, but you have to figure every incoming business student will be doing a similar report on the stadium project. Add that to volumes of legalese and bureaucratic oversight (not to mention the public battles both for and against), and I think we will be swimming in paper. Being only half facetious, I wonder if they consider how much paper will be used/wasted discussing the stadium when they complete the environmental impact study.

I say we just start building it this weekend and get it over with.

Not only start it this weekend, but I say we tailgate when construction starts. We can cheer on the workers to make them work faster so we get our stadium built asap. :D

Archived