UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I hate the TU

Man...I hate those wind bags.....It's game day and there isn't a single story about the basketball game tonight. In the meantime...Siena loses to Syracuse and there are 4 stories. It's obvious that TU is more in the business of advertisement (TUC) then providing information. Again....this isn't about Siena, this is about the TU and how poor their coverage is of UA.

It's not much, and not online, but there's a box with game time, records, radio, and 'opposing coach sizes up the Blue Devils:' below the story on the last night's women's loss to St. Bonaventure ( a good effort, coming back from trailing most of the game to tie it twice in the last two minutes, losing to the 3-0 Bonnies 64-62)

Of course, our game is between two teams that made the NCAA tournament last year, $iena's game was two teams that didn't.

The writer obviously spent a lot of time researching the Danes (heavy sarcasm). Appartently we have a player named Brian Liles on our team and we also don't possess a lot of depth, especially in the front court.

No TU article, this Herald article, and I can't even get the UAlbany game notes link to work.

The writer obviously spent a lot of time researching the Danes (heavy sarcasm). Appartently we have a player named Brian Liles on our team and we also don't possess a lot of depth, especially in the front court.

No TU article, this Herald article, and I can't even get the UAlbany game notes link to work.

I had to LOL at him saying that we don't posses any depth. :blink:

I opened the paper this morning and knew I was going to see this thread.

The New Britian Herald has a story about today's game. Blue Devils unveil NEC championship banner tonight

I don't even open the TU anymore. In the rare event that they have an article worth reading, someone will tell me.

"It's obvious that TU is more in the business of advertisement (TUC) then providing information." bosiydid

I agree 100% with that. A couple of weeks ago I went to the TU to see the primary tenant play and while I was walking around the arena between the 1st and 2nd periods, I came across a booth that was trying to sell TU subscriptions. After I stopped laughing. I told the guy I wouldn't get a subscription even if it was free because they would rather spend money on naming rights for our arena whose primary tenant is a minor league hockey team than on sportswriters to cover any area team that plays outside that building. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the River Rats from time to time, but I would rather have the paper give appropriate coverage to the Great Danes. After all these are usually the areas only teams playing in the NCAA's.

I hate the TU.

Anybody want to start a rival paper or drop some bucks into the Gazzette?

Sink money into the paper that is a generation too early to the "subscription website with zero free content" game? As much as the press here is varied, it's a no-win situation between biased, oblivious, and poorly written.

How about in 2016 asking the TU to buy naming rights to a possible 'CUE replacement. Then they would HAVE to give us preferential treatment...

Story online about tonight's game says Coach Brown is looking to go deeper into the rotation than they did the other night. I'm hoping that means we'll get our first look at Ambrose and Anderson.

I wonder why they didn't just print that as an article. Definitely enough content in it to do that..it's a bit more in-depth and lengthy than a normal blog update. Oh well..

How about in 2016 asking the TU to buy naming rights to a possible 'CUE replacement. Then they would HAVE to give us preferential treatment...

No, I wouldn't want that paper name on our arena any more than I would want Pepsi crap served in it.

BTW, Mark Singelais blog says he had a flat tire on the way to the game last night. When I didn't see him at the game and I didn't see an article by him this morning on line I would have guessed the TU was too cheap to send him. But, apparently that was not the case.

http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?cat=6

November 14, 2007 at 7:58 pm by Mark Singelais, Staff writer

Well, here’s a topic we didn’t cover in our “Road Trips” basketball preview section last week:

Flat tires.

Unfortunately, my right front tire went ‘pop’ 15 minutes out of Albany, which finished my plans to cover the UAlbany-Central Connecticut State game tonight.

So I apologize that I won’t have a game story in the paper tomorrow. But Tom Yantz of the Hartford Courant was willing to string the game for us on short notice, so we will have coverage.

It’s my first flat on the UAlbany beat since I was driving back from a loss to Columbia on Jan. 22, 2001. That time, I ended up stranded in the North Bronx. So breaking down on I-90 near Schodack today wasn’t so bad.

Thank God the next three games are at home ….

Archived