UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Trojan Virus

purplehaze

FWIW, I work in IT so it's my business to protect my work network from intrusions (firewall admin), viruses and anything else that might compromise my work network. I run the latest anti spy ware, anti-virus software and I've accessed this site on 3 different machines since this thread started. I have no warning, no virus alerts or anything. Perhaps there can be a poll set up to see how many people are actually getting notifications and those of you who are.....please make sure that your computers are patched and updated. That includes Microsoft hot fixes and patches, any Java, Firefox updates etc. Perhaps someone can post a screen of the exact virus notification or at least the text. Sometimes even the most benign of things will set off the virus alert.

I don't know that a poll is necessary but if anyone gets any more messages let me know. Made a change to the server this morning which hopefully will clear things up but let me know if they don't. I have a copy of the error messages I got and have recieved some from the rest of you also. Thanks

I don't know that a poll is necessary but if anyone gets any more messages let me know. Made a change to the server this morning which hopefully will clear things up but let me know if they don't. I have a copy of the error messages I got and have recieved some from the rest of you also. Thanks

DP,

Didn't mean to step on your toes. If I did, my apologize. I was just trying to offer some help, obviously you have it well under control.

Arrrgh. There's a scripting error somewhere that's setting off virus protection software. Later in the week when there aren't any games I'll upgrade the board software and see if that fixes it.

Please work on these upgrades tonight at 7PM.

For the record, I have not gotten the virus message for a few days, but the first time I log on to the website it shuts down IE7, and I have to close it through the task manager and re-open the browswer...

Archived