UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Another Bingo player bites the dust

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once a thug, always a thug. If this kid lives true to his recent pattern of behavior, he will eventually screw up again, and then he will have to face Serbian "justice."

Agreed.

And in at least my view, for whatever it's worth, he'll ultimately have to answer to God for his actions. And for that reason, I suppose I should not be the one to judge him. But this case sure frosts me. It really gets me riled up, in case no one noticed. :ninja:

Here's a question. Where will his "pro" team play? Is it an international league or just a Serbian national league? The guy has an Interpol warrant out for his arrest. It seems it would be pretty easy to have him picked up when he travels outside of Serbia.

Sadly the InterPol "warrant" does not hold much weight; it's only a 'Red notice' which allows local warrants to be sent internationally with intent to extradite the perp.

Quoted text from http://www.interpol.int/Public/Wanted/Default

Wanted-

An Interpol Red Notice is not an international arrest warrant.

These Interpol 'Red Notices' represent only a tiny fraction of the number of red notices issued by Interpol.

The persons concerned are wanted by national jurisdictions (or the International Criminal Tribunals, where appropriate) and Interpol's role is to assist the national police forces in identifying or locating those persons with a view to their arrest and extradition.

These red notices allow the warrant to be circulated worldwide with the request that the wanted person be arrested with a view to extradition.

A distinction is drawn between two types of red notice: the first type is based on an arrest warrant and is issued for a person wanted for prosecution; the second type is based on a court decision for a person wanted to serve a sentence.

Since the Serbs have indicated that they are not interested in extradition it is a huge diplomatic nightmare.

I wish Condy had the 'chutzpah' to recall the Ambassador.

Flush Hard...

If this story enrages us, who have no real ties to it, I can't imagine what the victims family must be feeling. He's been in a coma for over two months and now weighs less than a 100 pounds.

You're absolutely right, I can't even imagine the sadness and anger (and probably every other emotion they feel). Aside from capturing (or whatever else) the alleged suspect in Serbia, what's most important is that the victim shows progress and can return to as close a normal life as possible. That's the most important thing.

Archived