UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany 1st Win Will Be At ........ ?

We should beat Hofstra.

UMass is very good (my preseason pick for National Champions this year).

UNH could be possible. New QB.

Delaware will be good, but they lose Flacco at QB and Cuff at RB. They do have a transfer QB from Ohio State that is expected to start though. I expect them to be a playoff team again.

I see us realistically at 1-4 going to Duquense.

If we end up 2-2 I'll be surprised. If we go 2-2 and run through the NEC we should get an at-large.

Which is everyone's favorite stadium from the above-posted pictures? At least in terms of what we are hoping for insofar as we seek to build a Great Dane Stadium ... . I like the UMASS Stadium. That seems to resemble the images I had of what our stadium will hopefully turn out to be. I still would like seating all the way around someday, and a second deck on the home side would be cool (someday).

Which is everyone's favorite stadium from the above-posted pictures? At least in terms of what we are hoping for insofar as we seek to build a Great Dane Stadium ... . I like the UMASS Stadium. That seems to resemble the images I had of what our stadium will hopefully turn out to be. I still would like seating all the way around someday, and a second deck on the home side would be cool (someday).

McGuirk at UMass is just a hunk of concrete (which of course some people would think fits in best with our campus, just add some decorative curves at the tops of the columns). The pic of New Hampshire looks better than any stories I've heard about it, and like Hofstra it seems to have too many endzone seats compared to midfield. None of them compare to the Tub at UD. I thought that was Rhode Island, not Delaware - here's a better look at Tubby Raymond Field

402762.gif

As for our first win, Hofstra's the best bet.

I am going to be taking my dad to the Hofstra game. He is a Hofstra alumnus! Going to have a mini-Civil War with that game, lol. However, it's nothing like when baseball season is going on (Mets vs. Yankees).

I'd take the Hofstra one....I have no idea how comfortable those bleachers are but I like the idea of the field being enclosed like that. I LOL'd a little at the 3rd pic down....I don't think those end zone seats are far enough away from the field.

That definitely wasn't a pic of New Hampshire. Must've had a brain freeze uploading that one.

It's fixed now.

#6 UMass

#2 Delaware

#14 UNH

# 28 Hofstra

http://www.ncaa.com/football/rankings.aspx?id=74810

Does anyone have the link to the preseason rankings?

I think Fordie is putting together a better team every year. And we were pretty damn good last year.

I think we have a shot at all of them. I think Delaware, UNH, and Hofstra are good possibilities.

I think we UMass is the toughest one, and would agree that they are a preseason favorite to win the championship.

Our running game is going to be sweet, and our QB situation is going to be even more solid than last year. Now he has last year's experience to build upon.

Fordie said he thinks his incoming talent is better than he expected, and he probably expected very good talent.

IT'S TIME TO THINK BIG TIME FOOTBALL AND GETTING OUR STADIUM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way, delware's stadium is most like what i want in our stadium (at least that shape)

SME is an online sports network that focuses only on lower level of Division I sports and FCS football.

Their poll is a little off from the other polls, although they do have a decent panel of voters.

There are a ton of preseason FCS rankings.

The two major polls: the Sportsnetwork and the Coaches poll will be out soon.

Others already announced:

The Sporting News

USA Today

Phil Steele

AnyGivenSaturday.com

I'm trying to find links, but collegesportingnews.com is down for upgrades and they have a lot of the links.

NOTE: There is no longer a recognized Mid Major poll or a Mid Major national championship. Thank god!

Yikes, we're projected to win the NEC, yet we don't even receive ANY "other votes" in the rankings. Talk about no respect (at all) for the NEC. Whether the NEC deserves some respect or not is something I'm not qualified to comment on, but it seems like a projected division champion should get some votes (like 1 perhaps?) in the "other votes" category!

http://www.smebroadcasting.com/football/top25.html

Yikes, we're projected to win the NEC, yet we don't even receive ANY "other votes" in the rankings. Talk about no respect (at all) for the NEC. Whether the NEC deserves some respect or not is something I'm not qualified to comment on, but it seems like a projected division champion should get some votes (like 1 perhaps?) in the "other votes" category!

http://www.smebroadcasting.com/football/top25.html

like i said. don't put much stock in that poll. its a little "off".

The only polls that matter are: Sports Network, Coaches Poll and unfortunately the GPI. Those are the ones taken into account for the screwy conditional Auto-bid we have for the next two seasons.

The GPI is a joke that we can discuss in detail after the first one is released this season.

Beside the SME network broadcasters, look at the voters in that poll - three each from the Missouri Valley and Southern Conferences, two each from the CAA, Patriot, Big Sky, and Southland, and one each from the Big South and Ohio Valley. All but the Big South from current autobid conferences. 3/4 from conferences we hardly ever play, none from the NEC, PFL, Ivy, MEAC, SWAC. A little home cooking for the autobid conferences.

Luckily this one isn't included in the GPI.

Archived